Welcome to the LTLF Forest Forum.
Page 464 of 466 FirstFirst ... 364414454462463464465466 LastLast
Results 11,576 to 11,600 of 11647

Thread: SKYBET CHAMPIONSHIP

Upper Decker

Default Re: SKYBET CHAMPIONSHIP

Quote Originally Posted by Rzarecteh View Post
    Let's be honest whoever the new guy is making the managerial decisions clearly does not know very much about football.

They couldn't get Henry so they opt for Woodgate, it is just bizarre.
    It's only until the end of the season.

Stand Firm And Strike Hard

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

Red til I'm dead

I was hoping they’d get Henry, he’s shown nothing in his managerial career so far to suggest he’s any good at it. They can’t play him up front.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by Ravi View Post
    It's only until the end of the season.
    If that's the case then bring in a safe pair of hands that'll give you a boost.

Woodgate is very uninspiring.

Woodgate may be uninspiring and frankly I'd go further and call him a bit shit as a manager, but their squad is cracking so they should make the play-offs anyway.

Pearson's a good appointment at Bristol City, but they're going through a proper bad spell (like clockwork for them after Christmas) so their objective will be to avoid getting dragged into a relegation scrap as the season nears the end.

.k I m
    I m u mm

Sexy Mick's Cardiff are already two-nil up away to Woodgate's Bournemouth. The Cherries are outside the playoffs as it stands.

Cov, Sheffield Wednesday and Blackburn (plummeting like a stone!) all losing. Results going our way again!

Barnsley just outside the Playoffs with a game in hand.

Best served cold

Ben Brereton, remember him, has just scored an actual goal for Blackburn. Blimey.

"I've been blessed with many things in this life: an arm like a damn rocket, a c**k like a burmese python, and the mind of a f**king scientist" - Kenny Powers

Quote Originally Posted by incapable hulk View Post
    Ben Brereton, remember him, has just scored an actual goal for Blackburn. Blimey.
    7m, we had their pants down, doused in itching powder, and put back on.

Good lad, still young admittedly (though he was still the oldest looking 17 yo when he started out here), but hasn't shown the 7m price tag for them yet at all.

On January 22 when McCarthy joined Cardiff they were only 4 points ahead of Forest and 4 behind Blackburn, now, one month later they are in the playoffs and we are level with Blackburn- what a mad league this is and never say never we are 75/1 to make the playoffs - worth a tenner?

Forest now have the 5th best defense in the league.

Since Hughton took over, conceded 24 in 28 games, ppg a shade under 1.4, equating to around 64 points over 46 games.

Quote Originally Posted by Listen 'ere young man View Post
    Forest now have the 5th best defense in the league.

Since Hughton took over, conceded 24 in 28 games, ppg a shade under 1.4, equating to around 64 points over 46 games.
    Only conceded 7 goals in the last 14 games. Rock solid defensively nowadays.

Quote Originally Posted by redforest View Post
    On January 22 when McCarthy joined Cardiff they were only 4 points ahead of Forest and 4 behind Blackburn, now, one month later they are in the playoffs and we are level with Blackburn- what a mad league this is and never say never we are 75/1 to make the playoffs - worth a tenner?
    6th place is currently averaging just over 1.5 points per game, over the full season that form would give them 70-72 points. We have 39, so 12 wins from our last 14 games would see us there. It would also be deserved for missing out last season on the last day, to completely burgle our way in at the last moment. What could go wrong?

We have a 10 point gap minimum on bottom three now, and even if the teams with games in hand below us win them all that gap only falls to 8 points.

None of the teams in the bottom six are averaging more than 1PPG in their form at the moment apart from Wycombe who are dead and buried anyway, so unless something significant changes for not just one but four of those teams (that are not Wycombe who are dead and buried anyway), then 4 more wins for Forest should be enough to avoid the drop.

We've had a garbage 12 months, I'd like to see us be more adventurous in games now rather than taking a point like we have done in recent games like vs Barnsley and vs Bournemouth, to try and close that gap on 6th. I don't think we'll actually do it - it would require us to go on a run of form that only happens once every few years (think Sunderland a few years back going from bottom three to promotion in half a season), but the squad seem confident, they've found a way to win games and frankly they owe us some entertainment and pride.

Perhaps a very good run of form will help entice players to join us in the summer as well. It would help rebuild our reputation as potential promotion candidates next year. A limp "take a draw" approach to our remaining games won't give us that platform.

Massive Member

Attack attack attack!

Sent from my SM-A405FN using Tapatalk

The table is in an interesting position at the moment. Looking at form, you'd say the bottom six teams are struggling to keep out of the bottom three positions, though Wycombe are goners, I reckon.

But, the point has been made, this is a crazy league and form flips so often that it's difficult to be too positive about any positions with 14 or so games to go.

I agree, get to the safety point without worrying about positions for now and then hope for much better next year. With fans to cheer us on; it would have been galling, but, don't get me wrong, still satisfying, to get promotion with no one to see it or share the emotion.

Quote Originally Posted by MaxiRobriguez View Post
    We have a 10 point gap minimum on bottom three now, and even if the teams with games in hand below us win them all that gap only falls to 8 points.

None of the teams in the bottom six are averaging more than 1PPG in their form at the moment apart from Wycombe who are dead and buried anyway, so unless something significant changes for not just one but four of those teams (that are not Wycombe who are dead and buried anyway), then 4 more wins for Forest should be enough to avoid the drop.

We've had a garbage 12 months, I'd like to see us be more adventurous in games now rather than taking a point like we have done in recent games like vs Barnsley and vs Bournemouth, to try and close that gap on 6th. I don't think we'll actually do it - it would require us to go on a run of form that only happens once every few years (think Sunderland a few years back going from bottom three to promotion in half a season), but the squad seem confident, they've found a way to win games and frankly they owe us some entertainment and pride.

Perhaps a very good run of form will help entice players to join us in the summer as well. It would help rebuild our reputation as potential promotion candidates next year. A limp "take a draw" approach to our remaining games won't give us that platform.
    An excellent post that I agree wholeheartedly with. Now we are as good as safe baring a collapse similar to last season! I hope we approach games with the same attitude as we showed against Swansea intensity, high press, swift and plentiful attacks although with some goals will be just the tonic we need to erase the memories of the last year and get the hearts pumping in readiness for next.

oopsy daisy!

Quote Originally Posted by Carlos View Post
    Attack attack attack!

What for?

I would expect par to be 4 points from the next 2 and 5 from the following 5 games, leaving 48 from 39. Anything in addition will be a welcome bonus.

Sent from my SM-N976B using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by MaxiRobriguez View Post

Why would you change an approach that has gained us so many points over the last 2 months?

Quote Originally Posted by Rzarecteh View Post
    Why would you change an approach that has gained us so many points over the last 2 months?
    I'm not advocating massive change, but that if we're finding ourselves drawing 0-0 with ten minutes to go I'd like to see us go for the jugular, not settle for the point.

We've got 14 games to get 12 points to stay up. It might not even require that much either. Rolling the dice late on in games to win isn't going to cause a problem if we go on to lose a couple of them. Still plenty of games to pick up the points, and there's every possibility going for the win means we'll get a win from a draw.

I mean the almost certainty is our season will be done by the time we get to 40 games. We'll have little to play for. Until then, let's believe we can do the (near) impossible.

Adopt that mentality when we get to 50 points, not a moment sooner.

Upper Decker

The problem with the twist or bust approach is we're more likely to lose a run of matches than we are to win them.

If 'attacking more' led to more wins, every team would play that way. With our squad and our manager in this league, playing the way we are is more likely to lead to wins.

Last edited by Ravi; 25-02-21 at 15:54.

Massive Member

Quote Originally Posted by Ravi View Post
    The problem with the twist or bust approach is we're more likely to lose a run of matches than we are to win them.

If 'attacking more' led to more wins, every team would play that way. With our squad and our manager in this league, playing the way we are is more likely to lead to wins.
    Just so its fun again more than anything Ravi.

Last edited by Carlos; 25-02-21 at 16:09.

If we could win Friday,looking at the weekends fixtures I think we'll leapfrog Preston and Bllackburn.