Welcome to the LTLF Forest Forum.
Page 1 of 11 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Jara

Default Jara

Just missed the final penalty for Chile in their shoot out against Brazil.

Can't help but feel a little bit smug.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

Default Re: Jara

Tail between the legs maybe ?

He 100% deserves that

Don't understand the hatred for Jara on here. Feel sorry for him, he's played superbly in this World Cup.

Pearce should sidle up to him in his hotel room and pass a new contract across the table (with a zero removed from his last weekly wage here)...

"Just in case the offers don't come flooding in, Gonzalo..."

Quote Originally Posted by Lukeyshep View Post
    Don't understand the hatred for Jara on here. Feel sorry for him, he's played superbly in this World Cup.
    I agree and he was unlucky with the penalty.

He's been pure class this WC.

He'll get a good move on top money, good luck to him.

Wish some would stop being so bitter, get over it. He was shoved from pillar to post, given the Halford treatment, lost form and in turn changed his focus to the biggest tournament in the world.

Quote Originally Posted by Lukeyshep View Post
    Played superbly for Chile because he took, of his own accord, six months off at club level to be fit for the World Cup. Giant thundercunt, great to see the realisation on his face as the ball flashed across the line but didn't go in.

.k I m
    I m u mm

Rice 34

Think it had more to do with him playing in CM personally but he wasn't great. Like other players we are clamouring and abusing to leave, he will probably be alright at his next club.

Zycomm Two Way Radio

Quote Originally Posted by RobbieLePop View Post
    Played superbly for Chile because he took, of his own accord, six months off at club level to be fit for the World Cup. Giant thundercunt, great to see the realisation on his face as the ball flashed across the line but didn't go in.
    ..and yet was constantly selected. I agree he was awful, but once Billy went mental and promotion went with it, surely there would never be a better time to replace those that had let the club down.

Quote Originally Posted by Ewan View Post
    He 100% deserves that
    Why would that be then? Please offer us something more than a shallow insight into the glaringly obvious to back up your missive!

Yeah, smug.

Anyone believe in Karma?

Senior doom Monger

I don't think Jara has had an outstanding WC.
    He has played at a higher tempo - it is the Chilean coach's style... that is all.
    He has played some decent diagonal passes - but he did that at the City Ground as well.
    Also he has misplaced quite a few of those raking passes - which he also did at the City Ground.
    Badly at fault for Brazil goal (although FIFA credited Luiz I think Jara put the ball past his own keeper.
    I just couldn't understand the decision to allow him to take the final penalty - he isn't a goal scorer or dead-ball expert.
    I think he is a flawed player and will not shine wherever he goes next season

Quote Originally Posted by Captain Sinister View Post
    I don't think Jara has had an outstanding WC.
    He has played at a higher tempo - it is the Chilean coach's style... that is all.
    He has played some decent diagonal passes - but he did that at the City Ground as well.
    Also he has misplaced quite a few of those raking passes - which he also did at the City Ground.
    Badly at fault for Brazil goal (although FIFA credited Luiz I think Jara put the ball past his own keeper.
    I just couldn't understand the decision to allow him to take the final penalty - he isn't a goal scorer or dead-ball expert.
    I think he is a flawed player and will not shine wherever he goes next season
    Thank God! There are some contributors to this forum who can post a reasoned, intelligent, interesting, thoughtful and informed perspective!

Quote Originally Posted by RobbieLePop View Post
    This!

He's at Chile where every one of the 11 players know their roles.

At Forest, nobody did. Stutter from week to week, with little structure.

If he finds a clone of Chile in a club, he'll be very good. Will probably find that in Spain. Or, maybe he'll turn up at Southampton etc.

Upper Decker

Quote Originally Posted by nffc13 View Post
    He's been pure class this WC.

He'll get a good move on top money, good luck to him.

Wish some would stop being so bitter, get over it. He was shoved from pillar to post, given the Halford treatment, lost form and in turn changed his focus to the biggest tournament in the world.
    I agree with this. And the whole club had given up, not just him.

Stand Firm And Strike Hard

Some interesting rewriting of history there.

He threw his toys out of the pram months ago as far as Forest were concerned. It was quite obvious that he was just going through the motions with us, and his focus was 100% on Chile and a nice fat pay cheque with some other club after the World Cup.

Well that's great for him, but don't expect me to feel sorry for the guy when he blatantly couldn't be arsed to play for Forest.

Quote Originally Posted by Ewan View Post
    He 100% deserves that
    Why?

I was proud he was playing and Forest got a mention.

It will be some time before we see another Forest player in a world cup penalty shoot out

Impressive member

Mourinho said Oscar did a similar thing - took it easy for his club since Christmas in an effort to be ready for the WC. I bet most of the players guaranteed to make their squads did the same.

Smile Re: Jara

Quote Originally Posted by eezzeetiger View Post
    Why?

I was proud he was playing and Forest got a mention.

It will be some time before we see another Forest player in a world cup penalty shoot out
    4 years time, Lansbury scoring sudden death penalty against Germany to win the world cup !

Quote Originally Posted by Ravi View Post
    The rest of the side looked glum and resigned to another year in the Championship, but no one else in the squad looked like they were fast forwarding a few months to the World Cup. Jara actively avoided headers and tackles, wouldn't chase passes that weren't directly to him and when they were, he'd clear it at the first sign of an oncoming opponent so as to not warrant being challenged.

No other player sank to that level. True no other player had the World Cup to think about, but we're Forest fans, and Jara was paid by this club for a good four months or so, and he basically gave it and the fans the middle finger.

I can't believe anyone has any shred of respect left for him on this forum. He's the biggest mercenary this club has had in years, maybe generations.

Quote Originally Posted by Ravi View Post
    Nonsense. There were back to back home games when Brazil had just taken charge where he must've given the ball away about 30 times with and failed to show any effort whatsoever. I wouldn't label that accusation at anyone else. Others were crap but at least they tried.

Quote Originally Posted by Frank Clarks Tash View Post
    Just missed the final penalty for Chile in their shoot out against Brazil.

Can't help but feel a little bit smug.
    why? im baffled i wanted him to do well..hes a good player, perhaps suited to a slower pace of football..technically hes excellent.