Welcome to the LTLF Forest Forum.
Page 3 of 54 FirstFirst 123451353 ... LastLast

Thread: The Mood

A. Trialist

Default Re: The Mood

Quote Originally Posted by Rzarecteh View Post
    Excited. Anybody that's not excited about a club legend coming back is not a true fan.
    This. I was nervous when Psycho was first mentioned for the manager job, nervous about how damaging it would be to all involved if he didn't deliver, nervous about what his response would be, and what his initial response meant when it came etc. Now it looks as though the deal is done, I can't deny there's still a tiny little voice in the back of my head going "What if he fucks up? What will that do to us the fans, him and his legacy?", but it's being drowned out by an even louder voice screaming "PSYCHO'S COMING HOME!!!" and I'm excited beyond words. Can't wait to see him in the dugout giving it his all.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

May not be the best moderator on LTLF, but he's In The Top 1

Quote Originally Posted by Dan Abnormal View Post
    In one word- Bored. I'm bored of it all, I'm bored of Fawaz the clown playing with his toy like some 5 year old with a toy tractor, start taking it seriously or fuck off please.
    I assume you've missed the news tonight?

By "relegation battle", do you mean 7th, 12th or 14th?

Quote Originally Posted by willojack View Post
    flagman do me a f***ing favour remove me from this forum

Matchday Squad

Alf, are you Behind Red Eyes on Vital?

I only ask because an identical thread has started there.

I'm angry at how the season's gone so far, after playoffs seemed the least we would achieve - but now I'm excited at the thought of Pearce returning to maybe take us on to better times.

I remain the eternal optimist.

Viv Anderson

I am far too young for Pearce to resonate with me but glad that the Club is uniting and it feels exciting even though deep down we all know that he has been an average manager my Citeh mate was laughing today and reminding me when he played David James up front.

Grateful for Fawaz we should always remember where we were before him!! Marthur and Cotterill

Disappointed that ideology overules practicality in the whole Davies saga it makes more sense to keep him, in the circumstances.

I just want to enjoy the rest of the season without expectation now its been disrupted, we should not expect anything now and just support.

Quote Originally Posted by Flagman View Post
    I assume you've missed the news tonight?
    No, that includes the news tonight.

No, that includes the news tonight.

Viv Anderson

In one word- Bored.

I'm bored of it all, I'm bored of Fawaz the clown playing with his toy like some 5 year old with a toy tractor, start taking it seriously or fuck off please.
    Stupid thing to say its like Doughty's tenure never existed, Fawaz has seven million reasons this year and 5 million reasons the year before show he is serious, I will never forget those executives who thought paying 250k for Cotterill was a good idea that is not being serious.

Ian Storey-Moore

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	web.jpg 
Views:	164 
Size:	8.6 KB 
ID:	7038

Nigel Clough

We could be Leeds...

In 2014 - Played 17. Won 3. Drawn 2. Lost 12.

Nigel Clough
    On the less sophisticated side of the Midlands

I'm pissed off that we appeared to have given up on promotion with 20% of the season left to go.

However I am buoyed (a severe understatement) by tonight's news. A true Forest legend is coming home and I can't help but think back to what it was like to follow this great Club home and away 20 odd years ago. Our young fans will be stunned by the old codgers getting off their seats and making themselves heard again.

Psycho was our leader for so long and through so much success. He loves this Club as much as we love him. He always gave 100% and it's great to be getting him back.

Ian Storey-Moore

Just waiting for Pearce to admit that Dan Harding is his secret illegitimate love child.

Quote Originally Posted by DizzyBala View Post
    Just waiting for Pearce to admit that Dan Harding is his secret illegitimate love child.

Ian Storey-Moore

I don't care if he delivers or not i just care that he'll care about this club.. I'm seriously excited!

Ian Storey-Moore

Quote Originally Posted by stockers View Post
    I don't care if he delivers or not i just care that he'll care about this club.. I'm seriously excited!
    This, fuck it, it's psycho!!!

Ian Storey-Moore

Quote Originally Posted by Robbie Red Hat View Post
    This, fuck it, it's psycho!!!
    He loves it and i love him.. Best ever times at football have been watching this man, he can't do any wrong in my eyes. I think we're all a bit worried that he may not be able to step up to the plate but he didn't do a bad job at City (brought Hart and Richards through), didn't spend a lot.. And did what most people do at Engalnd U21 (fuck all).. I reckon he's going to surprise a few.. If this happens it'd make my year..

Ian Storey-Moore

Quote Originally Posted by Simmo's Bus View Post
    Eh? I don't know anyone who's memory of Brian Clough was tainted by the relegation season. One bad season couldn't outweigh his monumental achievements.
    My memory of both was tainted away at Blackburn Rovers on 5th September 1992! They'd fallen out about contracts and Stuart put in half a shift (for sure if you went and saw it all). My anger lasted a few days as I worked in Blackburn at the time but as both are true Legends they were forgiven very quickly

COYR's

Matchday Squad

Quote Originally Posted by ForestinLancs View Post
    My memory of both was tainted away at Blackburn Rovers on 5th September 1992! They'd fallen out about contracts and Stuart put in half a shift (for sure if you went and saw it all).

COYR's
    These things happen, and it's up to the manager to manage it. Unfortunately, by then, Clough couldn't. Pearce himself may well feel he let the side down a bit that day. He more than made up for it in the following couple of seasons.

13th Duke of Wybourne

Quote Originally Posted by nffc13 View Post
    We could be Leeds...

In 2014 - Played 17. Won 3. Drawn 2. Lost 12.
    No matter how shit it gets, we'll never be Leeds

"Ive only met Andy....last week actually and can confirm he is in 2nd place in sexiest fucker on here stakes." -Barry

Viv Anderson

Quote Originally Posted by ForestinLancs View Post
    My memory of both was tainted away at Blackburn Rovers on 5th September 1992! They'd fallen out about contracts and Stuart put in half a shift (for sure if you went and saw it all). My anger lasted a few days as I worked in Blackburn at the time but as both are true Legends they were forgiven very quickly

COYR's
    Was that the Norm throw the ball in the back of the net game?.

Banned

Feeling weird today

Viv Anderson

Quote Originally Posted by kevin View Post
    Feeling weird today
    You feel positive?.

Nigel Clough

Quote Originally Posted by kevin View Post
    Feeling weird today
    Drugs wearing off.

I feel excited, it also brings back some memories of my my first trips to the city ground back in the early nineties, especially August 1994 vs Man Utd. Free kick in dying moments, and Psycho smashes it into Steve Bruces nuts from about 5 yards after he decided to close it down (probably explains all the crap we have had from him over the years, we went onto finish 3rd that year not far of the top either.

Nigel Clough

Disappointed with this season now.

Dropping our expectations because of a manager change has just for me made it so disappointing.

We are still close though so there's no giving up hope. To be fair, we've had much much worse problems to contend with over recent years as well.

Francis Benali (on loan)

The mood nosedived during the second half at Bramall Lane. We hit rock bottom at home to Charlton last week. Now it is on the up and up.