Welcome to the LTLF Forest Forum.
Page 2 of 54 FirstFirst 12341252 ... LastLast
Results 26 to 50 of 1328

Thread: The Mood

      
  1. #26
    Viv Anderson
    Join Date
    Mar 2004
    Location
    My house
    Posts
    13,324

    Default Re: The Mood

    Excited about watching Psycho being interviewed by Natalie.


  2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement
    Join Date
    Always
    Location
    Advertising world
    Posts
    Many

  3. #27
    Wally Ardron
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Location
    Everywhere, and yet nowhere to be seen
    Posts
    1,602

    Default Re: The Mood

    I was hoping this was a thread about Glenn Miller.




  4. #28
    A. Trialist
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Location
    Crewe
    Posts
    36

    Default Re: The Mood

    Quote Originally Posted by Col View Post
    Billy, is that you?
    No comment. Lol.


  5. #29
    Grenville Morris
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Posts
    28,665

    Default Re: The Mood

    Fed up. Wish we could just have a policy and vision for the club and stick to it ala Southampton, Norwich, Swansea...


  6. #30
    Viv Anderson
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Location
    JLB Credit
    Posts
    10,682

    Default Re: The Mood

    It's either patience or apathy, I'm not sure.

    I believe that sacking Billy was absolutely the right thing to do, so I'm happy to have the setback while staff are brought in and the dust settles. Getting the managerial appointment right is crucial. I really don't think Pearce is the right appointment at all, but I know it's going to be lost in the majority lapping it all up due to his legend status.


  7. #31
    Wally Ardron
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Location
    The wrong end of the county
    Posts
    2,337

    Default Re: The Mood

    Quote Originally Posted by MrYeags View Post
    The moods angry in fact very very angry !!!...one bloody question ' weres the red head gone '
    In a broom cupboard at the BBC, crying over Billy.



  8. #32
    Nigel Clough
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Posts
    7,237

    Default Re: The Mood

    Happy that we've sacked a manager that was doing nothing but bring bad feeling.

    Excited for the future.


  9. #33
    Wally Ardron
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Posts
    2,085

    Default Re: The Mood

    Not sure what slant Alf was hoping this thread will go but I am delighted at the moment and more so if we get Psycho back.


  10. #34
    Nigel Clough
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Posts
    7,237

    Default Re: The Mood

    Quote Originally Posted by McKenzie View Post
    Not sure what slant Alf was hoping this thread will go but I am delighted at the moment and more so if we get Psycho back.

    Credit him for the effort though. He's doing his best.


  11. #35
    Viv Anderson
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    Hilcote, Sheepshire.
    Posts
    15,912

    Default Re: The Mood

    Quote Originally Posted by Jara Wizard, Harry View Post
    It's either patience or apathy, I'm not sure.

    I believe that sacking Billy was absolutely the right thing to do, so I'm happy to have the setback while staff are brought in and the dust settles. Getting the managerial appointment right is crucial. I really don't think Pearce is the right appointment at all, but I know it's going to be lost in the majority lapping it all up due to his legend status.
    There are plenty that don't think he's the right appointment. But when was the last time we were universal in accepting a manager?.
    Of course there are some managers that potentially give you a better chance at succeeding than others. But most of those if not all are unavailable for various reasons.
    I'm just pleased if we can attract him back because after being rejected by McCarthy and abandoned by MacLeish and heavily linked with Darren Ferguson not long ago I was expecting a Dave Jones type appointment.
    I will also be pleased because I was bored to death hearing about the off field antics of Billy.
    When will people just realise/accept there's no quick fix?. Don't think for a minute I want him back for sentimental reasons. Thinking all will be OK just because we have Psycho fist pumping the A block. Because it's going to take a hell of a lot of hard work.
    But we have to try something different. We are currently working our way through a phone book of managers. It's ridiculous. Maybe Pearce will fail but at least we can't say it was because he didn't want to be here. Or wanted total control of the club. Or...... You get the picture.


  12. #36
    Matchday Squad
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Location
    Penzance
    Posts
    616

    Default Re: The Mood

    Anxious. I do not want Psycho back. He was by far my favourite forest player. I do not want to become disenchanted with him in the way that I did with Nigel. Stay away and let me keep my memories.

    Disappointed. To lose two good managers in Billy and SOD in such a short time feels like a real let down. Very disappointed in some of the fans who seem to have reveled in negativity for most of the season.

    Surprised at how so many things could go wrong so quickly. Hobbs, Landsbury, Vaughan and Reid, all looking magnificent and then ......

    Hopeful that we might still rescue something from the season

    Glad that I support Forest.


  13. #37
    Viv Anderson
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    Hilcote, Sheepshire.
    Posts
    15,912

    Default Re: The Mood

    Quote Originally Posted by Malcolm.Star View Post
    Anxious. I do not want Psycho back. He was by far my favourite forest player. I do not want to become disenchanted with him in the way that I did with Nigel. Stay away and let me keep my memories.

    Disappointed. To lose two good managers in Billy and SOD in such a short time feels like a real let down. Very disappointed in some of the fans who seem to have reveled in negativity for most of the season.

    Surprised at how so many things could go wrong so quickly. Hobbs, Landsbury, Vaughan and Reid, all looking magnificent and then ......

    Hopeful that we might still rescue something from the season

    Glad that I support Forest.
    But Malcolm most if not all Forest fans opinion of Sir Brian have been tainted by him getting us relegated. Why don't we embrace instead of fearing?.
    No disrespect to SOD but what exactly did he do at Bristol City to suggest that he would be worth sticking with over
    Pearce?.


  14. #38

    Default Re: The Mood

    Quote Originally Posted by adam09 View Post
    Fed up. Wish we could just have a policy and vision for the club and stick to it ala Southampton, Norwich, Swansea...
    We do have a policy... It's called "Chaos".


  15. #39
    oopsy daisy!
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    On a longship close by
    Posts
    20,504

    Default Re: The Mood

    Curious.

    Curious to see how Forest as a club f**k it up again and curious as to how we as a fanbase pretend we are experts when we see Forest f**k it up again.


  16. #40
    Viv Anderson
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    Hilcote, Sheepshire.
    Posts
    15,912

    Default Re: The Mood

    Quote Originally Posted by Erik View Post
    Curious.

    Curious to see how Forest as a club f**k it up again and curious as to how we as a fanbase pretend we are experts when we see Forest f**k it up again.
    Amen.


  17. #41
    Nigel Clough
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Location
    Mapperley
    Posts
    5,035

    Default Re: The Mood

    I think I've finally got over the Blades game.

    Aside from that, I'm feeling pretty good. This season is a write off and we'll trundle along to 7th but next season has some great potential, not just for a promotion push but for some enjoyment for a change.

    I've been jaded a lot this season and most of the time I've hated going down the ground because it wasn't a fun experience being a Red, for reasons off the pitch as well as on it. But with a new man, a fit squad, a healthy relationship with the media and radio and Stuart Pearce in charge, things are looking a lot brighter.


  18. #42
    May not be the best moderator on LTLF, but he's In The Top 1
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Location
    Nottingham
    Posts
    42,661

    Default Re: The Mood

    I've still got a shirt from the early 90s with a "3" on the back.

    Can't WAIT to get to wear it with a purpose again!

    By "relegation battle", do you mean 7th, 12th or 14th?

    Quote Originally Posted by willojack View Post
    flagman do me a f***ing favour remove me from this forum

  19. #43
    Matchday Squad
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Location
    Penzance
    Posts
    616

    Default Re: The Mood

    Quote Originally Posted by puds1970 View Post
    But Malcolm most if not all Forest fans opinion of Sir Brian have been tainted by him getting us relegated. Why don't we embrace instead of fearing?.
    No disrespect to SOD but what exactly did he do at Bristol City to suggest that he would be worth sticking with over
    Pearce?.
    I was expressing mood rather than opinion. There does not need to be a logic to it.

    Sir Brian will always evoke great feelings of pride and gratitude regardless of his personal failings.

    I don't care what SOD achieved at Bristol. I trusted that he was trying to build something positive here. It's possible that he would have failed but I would have given him the chance to do so.

    Yes you're right I could have a more positive outlook and embrace what is to come but in my personal case it is easier said than done. Given that Kevin seems to be forgiven for being a total misery I hope you can forgive my occasional negativity, especially as my 'mood' was requested.




  20. #44
    Nigel Clough
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Location
    Mapperley
    Posts
    5,035

    Default Re: The Mood

    Quote Originally Posted by Flagman View Post
    I've still got a shirt from the early 90s with a "3" on the back.

    Can't WAIT to get to wear it with a purpose again!
    Was thinking about this earlier, I don't wear replica shirts anymore but I might get a new one with 3 on the back, it'd be worth it this time


  21. #45
    Viv Anderson
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Location
    London
    Posts
    17,161

    Default Re: The Mood

    I feel as I always do.

    A bit meh.

    Had been feeling genuinely optimistic at the same time last year. That hadn't happened for a while.


  22. #46
    A. Trialist
    Join Date
    Jan 2014
    Location
    Northamptonland
    Posts
    50

    Default Re: The Mood

    Eh? I don't know anyone who's memory of Brian Clough was tainted by the relegation season. One bad season couldn't outweigh his monumental achievements.


  23. #47

    Default Re: The Mood

    Pretty.

    I feel pretty.


  24. #48
    Matchday Squad
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Up around the bend
    Posts
    1,270

    Default Re: The Mood

    Quote Originally Posted by MrYeags View Post
    The moods angry in fact very very angry !!!...one bloody question ' weres the red head gone '
    Here here!

    MrYeags, you gotta click Alf's profile to see her. Also hands off! I saw her first, ask Alf!


  25. #49
    Bob McKinlay
    Join Date
    Dec 2003
    Location
    Lufthansa Business Lounge
    Posts
    99,120

    Default Re: The Mood

    The Mood in my revolutionary camp has just gone up significantly, especially with the news broken from Radio Five tonight!

    „I believe in socialism because it seems more humanitarian, rather than every man for himself and 'I'm alright jack' and all those arsehole businessmen with all the loot. I made up my mind from viewing society from that angle. That's where I'm from and there's where I've made my decisions from. That's why I believe in socialism“

    „Don't forget you're alive. 'Cause sometimes when you walk around the city and you're in a bad mood, you can think, hey, wait a minute, we're alive! We don't know what the next second will bring and what a fantastic thing this is. This can get easily forgotten in the routine of life, and that's something I'm trying to bring to my attention at all times. Don't forget you're alive. We're not dead, you know. This is the greatest thing.”

    — Joe Strummer

  26. #50

    Default Re: The Mood

    In one word- Bored.

    I'm bored of it all, I'm bored of Fawaz the clown playing with his toy like some 5 year old with a toy tractor, start taking it seriously or fuck off please.


 

 

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •