Welcome to the LTLF Forest Forum.
Page 1 of 8 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Wheres the loan signings????

Default Wheres the loan signings????

Its obvious to those who have watched forest in the last few games, that were crying out for some loan signings, collins is to slow, lass is looking tierd & the lack of creativity in midfield is straight forward, yet no sign of any signings. Wickham goes to leeds on loan, who we got?

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

Nigel Clough

Default Re: Wheres the loan signings????

We're Forest, we're slow.

We were in January, and despite the late flurry of signings, the time we took making them was costly. Lost a lot of points and out came the excuses.

We will probably get a couple of loans in, but before then we will lose quite a lot of points and hear quite a lot of excuses.

Point im try to make is thats its obvious, we need some asap,can fawaz & davis not see it.

March 1st was the date touted by Inside Man if i remember right. Due to Palace stalling on loaning players until their recent batch of games are out the way (Pullis has stated he's wanted cover for recent games).

I think the fact that people at the club have stated they are looking to the loan market shows they can see it.

Last edited by Alf-engelos Mindminackers; 26-02-14 at 17:31.

Banned

For once I agree , And the last few games show that we need backup.
    I can see Billy now blaming the fact we haven't gone up on the injuries , Time to act is now and if we don't Forest you can forget promotion.

Ian Storey-Moore

We've no right to demand more signings, BUT they have said they're going to make them so what on earth is the hold-up?

Enzo Molinari

Traffic quite bad on the a52

Ian Storey-Moore

Quote Originally Posted by Halford's Lid View Post
    We've no right to demand more signings, BUT they have said they're going to make them so what on earth is the hold-up?
    Can you genuinely not think of one reason on earth that may be causing the "hold-up" ?
    There are a fair few variables to consider in all transfers.

Football Manager has ruined football discussions.

Ian Storey-Moore

Quote Originally Posted by Robbie Red Hat View Post
    Can you genuinely not think of one reason on earth that may be causing the "hold-up" ?
    There are a fair few variables to consider in all transfers.

Football Manager has ruined football discussions.
    Delaying makes sense in a transfer window, in a loan window less so. Squads are decided, their necessity is determined. Pulis and Poyet will know whether they need Guedioura and Gardner by now, what difference is a week going to make?

Ian Storey-Moore

Delaying makes sense in a transfer window, in a loan window less so. Squads are decided, their necessity is determined. Pulis and Poyet will know whether they need Guedioura and Gardner by now, what difference is a week going to make?
    I think the very major thing we don't agree on that renders everything else futile, is that it seems wildly ludicrous to me that we are delaying on purpose, if we could have someone worth getting in and not just anyone for the sake of it then they would. Even players missuses get involved publicly in these days in the decisions to transfer, thetes just so many more things involved that make it more than just "we need x, let's get x, here's x everybody!!"

Football Manager syndrome.

Ian Storey-Moore

I don't play Football Manager so please stop bringing that up. I'm not so sure we're delaying as such, just maybe not approaching it with the urgency required.

Ian Storey-Moore

I don't play Football Manager so please stop bringing that up. I'm not so sure we're delaying as such, just maybe not approaching it with the urgency required.
    Why do you think they would choose not to approach it with the required urgency?

Viv Anderson

Quote Originally Posted by nffc13 View Post
    We're Forest, we're slow.

We were in January, and despite the late flurry of signings, the time we took making them was costly. Lost a lot of points and out came the excuses.

We will probably get a couple of loans in, but before then we will lose quite a lot of points and hear quite a lot of excuses.
    Just out of interest, exactly how easy is it to get targetted players at the time of the loaning club's choosing?

Genuine question.

Nigel Clough

Quote Originally Posted by Otis Redd'un View Post
    Just out of interest, exactly how easy is it to get targetted players at the time of the loaning club's choosing?

Genuine question.

Easy enough for Burnley, Leicester and Derby in January to get their player.

No coincidence they're the 3 now leading the way.

Ian Storey-Moore

Quote Originally Posted by Robbie Red Hat View Post
    Why do you think they would choose not to approach it with the required urgency?
    You'll have to tell me. Other clubs are making loan signings though, so it's evidently not impossible. We've usually done our business by this time.

Viv Anderson

Quote Originally Posted by forest forever View Post
    Its obvious to those who have watched forest in the last few games, that were crying out for some loan signings, collins is to slow, lass is looking tierd & the lack of creativity in midfield is straight forward, yet no sign of any signings. Wickham goes to leeds on loan, who we got?
    Defender is too slow, lack of creativity in midfield. I know! FFS why didn't we sign a striker!!!

Good logic. Be patient. Just like people should have been patient in January, but people weren't and acted like children and look how it turned out.

Ian Storey-Moore

You'll have to tell me. Other clubs are making loan signings though, so it's evidently not impossible. We've usually done our business by this time.
    No other signing, either for us or any other team, is any marker on any other signing. These are deals that involve people, real ones, changing their lives - usually relocating - sometimes with families, they all go at the pace they go, there are other teams involved too. And agents. Variables.

"Connor Wickham Signs for Leeds Today" does not equal "Anyone Could Have Been Signed Today Then."

Quote Originally Posted by Rzarecteh View Post
    Defender is too slow, lack of creativity in midfield. I know! FFS why didn't we sign a striker!!!

Good logic. Be patient. Just like people should have been patient in January, but people weren't and acted like children and look how it turned out.
    Patient! You kidding.
    How many points you wanna drop before the patient period runs out? I did say a while back that waiting will not work, points in the bag are what count, playing the patient game might see all the loans you would like and have them there for the playoffs but your forgetting a major factor....while we wait, and wait and again....wait, we drop enough points to drop out of the playoff spots. Tell me, what good are these players then while we watch the season finish and us end up 7th or 8th?
    Yeh, great logic.

Same old am afraid, billy...."well, we had periods of great unbeaten runs, good team spirit and say some fantastic football at times, unfortunately there is no denying that our injury problem was a real blow and cost us probably a playoff spot or maybe even a auto had we had more options in selection"

You can see it!

Last edited by richie1973; 26-02-14 at 19:18.

Is it about my cube?

have any of you moaners ever tried to sign a professional footballer? i think it might be harder than you think.

Nigel Clough

Thing is it's difficult as we don't want to be in this situation having to just rush out and get whatever loan signings in we can. But we are as a result of injuries suddenly, just these circumstances forcing us to have to do certain things we probably didn't or don't want to do all of a sudden. But all we can do is try to deal with as best we can, and they've already said they're looking, but it's gotta be the right player

Viv Anderson

Quote Originally Posted by nffc13 View Post
    Easy enough for Burnley, Leicester and Derby in January to get their player.
    So you haven't a clue then.

Wally Ardron

Ian Storey-Moore

Quote Originally Posted by Beerest View Post
    I've been picturing them as Harry Enfields Kevin

Viv Anderson

Quote Originally Posted by forest forever View Post
    So you wanted Wickham to solve the defensive & midfield injury crisis

A. Trialist

Quote Originally Posted by lard View Post
    I can see Billy now blaming the fact we haven't gone up on the injuries

There's a fine line between excuses and reasons, but I think Billy and everyone else will be entitled to say that injuries have cost us promotion this season, if we don't end up going up. Look at how many players we have out, and for how long - whether we have a good team with out them is irrelevant as the squad is lacking. We have not had our strongest team for months, and are unlikely to again until August.

I think we've all been spoilt with signings for a while and we think we can just demand new players. It doesn't work like that, and I don't want us to keep signing players endlessly. Yes, we need some one and I'm sure their working on it, a bit of trust and patience is needed. Why can't we just enjoy the fact we are having a good season, up near the top and stop worrying and fretting.