Welcome to the LTLF Forest Forum.
Page 150 of 151 FirstFirst ... 50100140148149150151 LastLast
Results 3,726 to 3,750 of 3756

Thread: Champions League and Europa League

      
  1. #3726
    Wally Ardron
    Join Date
    Mar 2021
    Posts
    1,945

    Default Re: Champions League and Europa League

    Quote Originally Posted by Eddie Yates View Post
    What in the world of fuck is the europa conference league ?
    A total joke,Eddie.


  2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement
    Join Date
    Always
    Posts
    Many

  3. #3727
    First Team
    Join Date
    May 2017
    Location
    Athens
    Posts
    8,811

    Default Re: Champions League and Europa League

    Quote Originally Posted by Strummer View Post
    Jens Petter Hauge Scores a 92nd-Minute winner for Eintracht Frankfurt against Olympiakos to make it 1-2 to Die Adler.

    Our Greek friends won’t be happy, in a match they dominated they ended up somehow losing.
    The most important moment in the match was this one:

    https://twitter.com/KVernikos/status...q3c-cj_hA&s=19

    Strangely enough, our player's foot survived in one piece. The referee apologized to us for not showing a red card and explained that there was a VAR malfunction. I hope he owns a bakery.


  4. #3728

    Default Re: Champions League and Europa League

    Quote Originally Posted by GreeksBearingGifts View Post
    The most important moment in the match was this one:

    https://twitter.com/KVernikos/status...q3c-cj_hA&s=19

    Strangely enough, our player's foot survived in one piece. The referee apologized to us for not showing a red card and explained that there was a VAR malfunction. I hope he owns a bakery.



  5. #3729
    Nigel Clough
    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Location
    Milan, Italy
    Posts
    7,491

    Default Re: Champions League and Europa League

    The meteoric rise of Messias Jnr who scored the winner for Milan last night.

    2011: At 20 years old, he moves to Italy

    2011: Works as a deliveryman

    2015: Starts in the Italian 5th division

    2016: Serie D

    2018: Serie C

    2019: Serie B

    2020: Serie A

    2021: Signs for Milan

    2021: First goal in UCL

    Living the dream.

    Sent from my Redmi Note 7 using Tapatalk

    <<Rimaniamo distanti oggi per abbracciarci con più calore e correre più veloci doman>>

  6. #3730
    Nigel Clough
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Location
    London
    Posts
    7,457

    Default Re: Champions League and Europa League

    Quote Originally Posted by Huxley View Post
    The meteoric rise of Messias Jnr who scored the winner for Milan last night.

    2011: At 20 years old, he moves to Italy

    2011: Works as a deliveryman

    2015: Starts in the Italian 5th division

    2016: Serie D

    2018: Serie C

    2019: Serie B

    2020: Serie A

    2021: Signs for Milan

    2021: First goal in UCL

    Living the dream.

    Sent from my Redmi Note 7 using Tapatalk
    A great story


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk


  7. #3731
    First Team
    Join Date
    May 2017
    Location
    Athens
    Posts
    8,811

    Default Re: Champions League and Europa League

    So, barring a combination of results (them losing to indifferent Fenerbahçe in Turkey and us winning in Antwerp), Eintracht Frankfurt will be top of our group in the Europa League. For this to happen, the following had to happen:

    First match, Eintracht - Fenerbahçe 1-1: the Turks lost a penalty in the 95th minute.
    Second match, Antwerp - Eintracht 0-1: they scored the winning goal in the 93rd minute.
    Fourth match, Olympiacos - Eintracht 1-2: they scored the winning goal in the 93rd minute, not to mention this little detail:
    Quote Originally Posted by GreeksBearingGifts View Post
    The most important moment in the match was this one:

    https://twitter.com/KVernikos/status...q3c-cj_hA&s=19

    Strangely enough, our player's foot survived in one piece. The referee apologized to us for not showing a red card and explained that there was a VAR malfunction. I hope he owns a bakery.
    Fifth match, Eintracht - Antwerp: they scored the equalizer in the 94th minute.

    If matches ended in 90 minutes they would have 3 points instead of 11.


  8. #3732
    First Team
    Join Date
    Oct 2004
    Location
    Getting High
    Posts
    8,566

    Default Re: Champions League and Europa League

    Quote Originally Posted by GreeksBearingGifts View Post
    So, barring a combination of results (them losing to indifferent Fenerbahçe in Turkey and us winning in Antwerp), Eintracht Frankfurt will be top of our group in the Europa League. For this to happen, the following had to happen:

    First match, Eintracht - Fenerbahçe 1-1: the Turks lost a penalty in the 95th minute.
    Second match, Antwerp - Eintracht 0-1: they scored the winning goal in the 93rd minute.
    Fourth match, Olympiacos - Eintracht 1-2: they scored the winning goal in the 93rd minute, not to mention this little detail:


    Fifth match, Eintracht - Antwerp: they scored the equalizer in the 94th minute.

    If matches ended in 90 minutes they would have 3 points instead of 11.
    Reminds me of Turkey in I think 2008 Euros, most of their goals were late in matches.


  9. #3733

    Default Re: Champions League and Europa League

    Just turned on Bayern Barcelona. There's no fecker there. Have they shut grounds again in Germany or have they been a big bunch of racists or something, like they are from Yarkshire?
    I'm sure someone on here will know.

    Sent from my CPH1941 using Tapatalk


  10. #3734
    Ian Storey-Moore
    Join Date
    Jul 2018
    Posts
    4,762

    Default Re: Champions League and Europa League

    Quote Originally Posted by Your Dad's Ashamed Of You View Post
    Just turned on Bayern Barcelona. There's no fecker there. Have they shut grounds again in Germany or have they been a big bunch of racists or something, like they are from Yarkshire?
    I'm sure someone on here will know.

    Sent from my CPH1941 using Tapatalk
    RB Leipzig was empty for Man City game yesterday. They have actually put barriers in supermarkets to segregate vaccinated and non vaccinated people.....Nazi Germany anyone?

    Sent from my God using Tapatalk


  11. #3735
    LTLF Legend
    Join Date
    Dec 2003
    Location
    Lufthansa Business Lounge
    Posts
    100,502

    Default Re: Champions League and Europa League

    Quote Originally Posted by Your Dad's Ashamed Of You View Post
    Just turned on Bayern Barcelona. There's no fecker there. Have they shut grounds again in Germany or have they been a big bunch of racists or something, like they are from Yarkshire?
    I'm sure someone on here will know.

    Sent from my CPH1941 using Tapatalk
    Geistespiele - Ghost Games - with no spectators, are enforced now in some states (including Bayern, and also here in Baden-Württemberg).

    „I believe in socialism because it seems more humanitarian, rather than every man for himself and 'I'm alright jack' and all those arsehole businessmen with all the loot. I made up my mind from viewing society from that angle. That's where I'm from and there's where I've made my decisions from. That's why I believe in socialism“

    „Don't forget you're alive. 'Cause sometimes when you walk around the city and you're in a bad mood, you can think, hey, wait a minute, we're alive! We don't know what the next second will bring and what a fantastic thing this is. This can get easily forgotten in the routine of life, and that's something I'm trying to bring to my attention at all times. Don't forget you're alive. We're not dead, you know. This is the greatest thing.”

    — Joe Strummer

  12. #3736

    Default Re: Champions League and Europa League

    Quote Originally Posted by Notcher View Post
    RB Leipzig was empty for Man City game yesterday. They have actually put barriers in supermarkets to segregate vaccinated and non vaccinated people.....Nazi Germany anyone?

    Sent from my God using Tapatalk
    Have they done any of that genocide thing yet?

    Sent from my CPH1941 using Tapatalk


  13. #3737
    Ian Storey-Moore
    Join Date
    Jul 2018
    Posts
    4,762

    Default Re: Champions League and Europa League

    Quote Originally Posted by Your Dad's Ashamed Of You View Post
    Have they done any of that genocide thing yet?

    Sent from my CPH1941 using Tapatalk
    Just waiting for the effects of the vaccine to kick in

    Sent from my God using Tapatalk


  14. #3738
    Viv Anderson
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Location
    JLB Credit
    Posts
    10,979

    Default Re: Champions League and Europa League

    Just want to put it on the record that I love to see Barcelona crash out of the Champions League in the group stage.

    Sent from my SM-G960F using Tapatalk


  15. #3739
    LTLF Legend
    Join Date
    Dec 2003
    Location
    Lufthansa Business Lounge
    Posts
    100,502

    Default Re: Champions League and Europa League

    Quote Originally Posted by Project Zeus View Post
    Just want to put it on the record that I love to see Barcelona crash out of the Champions League in the group stage.

    Sent from my SM-G960F using Tapatalk
    You love to see it; another club who have spent wildly beyond their means chasing success.


  16. #3740
    Ian Storey-Moore
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    Terra Incognita
    Posts
    5,217

    Default Re: Champions League and Europa League

    Only 1 German club (guess which one?). Farmers league.

    PS Barca is a horrible club with false values. No surprises the two giants of Spain pushed hardest for the 'super league'.


  17. #3741
    LTLF Legend
    Join Date
    Dec 2003
    Location
    Lufthansa Business Lounge
    Posts
    100,502

    Default Re: Champions League and Europa League

    Quote Originally Posted by Fitzcarraldo View Post
    Only 1 German club (guess which one?). Farmers league.

    PS Barca is a horrible club with false values. No surprises the two giants of Spain pushed hardest for the 'super league'.
    Leipzig were inevitably going to struggle (and they have also in the league) because they allowed their coach Julian Nagelsmann, best defensive player Dayot Upamecano and best midfielder Marcel Sabitzer to be poached in the summer by - guess who - FC Bayern, and they did not recruit well in replacement (which has this week cost coach Jesse Marsch his job after only 14 league matches and five in the champions league).

    Dortmund‘s problems are again self-inflicted - they were without their talisman Erling Haaland for chunks of the group stage and lost three matches which sealed their doom (including losing twice to group winners Ajax).

    That said; AFC Ajax Amsterdam have performed magnificently in the group stages; played six, won six, scored 20, conceded 5 - a better record than the scousers, who the British media are currently fellating as the first ever British club to win all their group games.

    Eric ten Hag is doing a brilliant job with de Godenzonen, and they could be a potential banana-skin for one of the supposed „big boys“ in the next round. They absolutely thrashed Dortmund in their two group stage matches too.

    Agree on FC Barcelona too; they’ve gone from being a proper club with principles to a cynical marketing exercise playing on Catalan nationalism. Joan Gamper would by turning in his grave at what they’ve become.


  18. #3742
    Matchday Squad
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Location
    Mansfield
    Posts
    1,467

    Default Re: Champions League and Europa League

    Leicester lose to Napoli & rely on a draw in the other tie in order to progress.

    Legia Warsaw miss a 98th minute penalty to draw the game against Spartak Moscow.

    Oh what a shame.

    Moving on..


  19. #3743
    LTLF Legend
    Join Date
    Dec 2003
    Location
    Lufthansa Business Lounge
    Posts
    100,502

    Default Re: Champions League and Europa League

    Quote Originally Posted by RedRobbo View Post
    Leicester lose to Napoli & rely on a draw in the other tie in order to progress.

    Legia Warsaw miss a 98th minute penalty to draw the game against Spartak Moscow.

    Oh what a shame.

    Moving on..
    Agent Ribiero!


  20. #3744
    Viv Anderson
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Posts
    13,513

    Default Re: Champions League and Europa League

    Actually, I believe they are still in Europe. Apparently there is yet another Conference League they go into.


  21. #3745
    Ian Storey-Moore
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Location
    Right Here, Right Now
    Posts
    4,397

    Default Re: Champions League and Europa League

    Quote Originally Posted by valspoodle View Post
    Actually, I believe they are still in Europe. Apparently there is yet another Conference League they go into.
    If they get knocked out of that is there a Conference North/South still to play for?


  22. #3746
    Matchday Squad
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Location
    Mansfield
    Posts
    1,467

    Default Re: Champions League and Europa League

    Is it the European equivalent of the Papa John trophy?


  23. #3747
    LTLF Legend
    Join Date
    Dec 2003
    Location
    Lufthansa Business Lounge
    Posts
    100,502

    Default Re: Champions League and Europa League

    Quote Originally Posted by RedRobbo View Post
    Is it the European equivalent of the Papa John trophy?
    They will go into a two-leg playoff against Die Hund und Ente FC from Lübeck.


  24. #3748
    Viv Anderson
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Posts
    13,513

    Default Re: Champions League and Europa League

    Quote Originally Posted by Strummer View Post
    They will go into a two-leg playoff against Die Hund und Ente FC from Lübeck.
    Dog and Duck?


  25. #3749
    LTLF Legend
    Join Date
    Dec 2003
    Location
    Lufthansa Business Lounge
    Posts
    100,502

    Default Re: Champions League and Europa League

    Quote Originally Posted by valspoodle View Post
    Dog and Duck?
    Ja, natürlich VP!


  26. #3750
    Super Koopa
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Posts
    29,201

    Default Re: Champions League and Europa League

    Nice of Michael Masi to take time out to do the Champions League draw


 

 

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •