Welcome to the LTLF Forest Forum.
Page 92 of 92 FirstFirst ... 4282909192
Results 2,276 to 2,293 of 2293
  1. #2276
    Ale ape.
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    The Congo, deported by Priti Patel
    Posts
    33,807

    Default Re: HENRI has left the building

    He’ll probably do well at the Robins. He’s an expert at birdies.
    Shame he couldn’t quite get that move he desired to the Eagles, Crystal Palace.


  2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement
    Join Date
    Always
    Location
    Advertising world
    Posts
    Many

  3. #2277
    oopsy daisy!
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    On a longship close by
    Posts
    19,554

    Default Re: HENRI has left the building

    Quote Originally Posted by congo_red View Post
    He’ll probably do well at the Robins. He’s an expert at birdies.
    Shame he couldn’t quite get that move he desired to the Eagles, Crystal Palace.
    That time at Forest is like an albatross around his neck


  4. #2278
    Ale ape.
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    The Congo, deported by Priti Patel
    Posts
    33,807

    Default Re: HENRI has left the building

    Quote Originally Posted by Erik View Post
    That time at Forest is like an albatross around his neck
    He’s still got a fairway to go before he shakes that off.


  5. #2279
    oopsy daisy!
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    On a longship close by
    Posts
    19,554

    Default Re: HENRI has left the building

    Quote Originally Posted by congo_red View Post
    He’s still got a fairway to go before he shakes that off.
    He is hoping a move to Bristol will putt that reputation to bed.


  6. #2280
    Ale ape.
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    The Congo, deported by Priti Patel
    Posts
    33,807

    Default Re: HENRI has left the building

    Quote Originally Posted by Erik View Post
    He is hoping a move to Bristol will putt that reputation to bed.
    Well, the grass always looks green on the other side, but he does need to move on from the rough time he’s had.


  7. #2281
    oopsy daisy!
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    On a longship close by
    Posts
    19,554

    Default Re: HENRI has left the building

    Quote Originally Posted by congo_red View Post
    Well, the grass always looks green on the other side, but he does need to move on from the rough time he’s had.
    Rough time? With the wedge he's been on?


  8. #2282
    Ale ape.
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    The Congo, deported by Priti Patel
    Posts
    33,807

    Default Re: HENRI has left the building

    Quote Originally Posted by Erik View Post
    Rough time? With the wedge he's been on?
    Yep. Without his appearance bonuses, he couldn’t pay his driver. Or afford the rent on his private bunker.


  9. #2283
    First Team
    Join Date
    Jun 2005
    Location
    Behind the net curtains
    Posts
    9,256

    Default Re: HENRI has left the building

    Great! Playing for another bogie team


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

    Your palms are holding her neck and thumbs are at her ears regulating the speed of her head as she swallows and then sucks up your machinery. She is topping up your engine oil for the cross-country coming up. Your RPM is hitting a new high. To wait any longer would be to lose prime time... She picks up a Bugatti's momentum. You want her more at a Volkswagen's steady trot. Squeeze the maximum mileage out of your gallon of gas. But she's eating up the road with all cylinders blazing.

    Aniruddha Bahal (Bunker 13

  10. #2284

    Default Re: HENRI has left the building

    Quote Originally Posted by Carlos View Post
    Fans are over the moon he's going.

    "More concerned about his hair than playing"

    "Done nothing other than sit and happily collect a wage"

    "Good riddance, absolute joke of a footballer that wants to do everything other than play football"
    He is the very definition of everything that's wrong about modern footballers.

    All about the fame & fortune, nothing to give back to the fans or people who gave him that.

    Be interesting to see where his career goes from here.


  11. #2285
    Matchday Squad
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Location
    Weston Super Mare
    Posts
    539

    Default Re: HENRI has left the building

    Good to see the quality is shining through so early into his new club

    Sent from my SM-G975F using Tapatalk


  12. #2286
    Grenville Morris
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Location
    Cloud Cuckoo Land
    Posts
    27,998

    Default Re: HENRI has left the building

    Talented player but lazy as fuck. McGugan MK2. What a waste of a career. Money is one thing and all but when his Villa contract is up he's done, and he'll look back at his football career and wonder if he tried a bit harder he could have established himself as a PL player.

    .k I m
    I m u mm

  13. #2287
    Bob McKinlay
    Join Date
    Dec 2003
    Location
    Lufthansa Business Lounge
    Posts
    94,316

    Default Re: HENRI has left the building

    Quote Originally Posted by MaxiRobriguez View Post
    Talented player but lazy as fuck. McGugan MK2. What a waste of a career. Money is one thing and all but when his Villa contract is up he's done, and he'll look back at his football career and wonder if he tried a bit harder he could have established himself as a PL player.
    Youíre correct of course, but as he reclines in his mansion, redolent in opulent luxury whilst plotting how to spend his millions, he probably wonít give a flying fuck about that.

    ĄI believe in socialism because it seems more humanitarian, rather than every man for himself and 'I'm alright jack' and all those arsehole businessmen with all the loot. I made up my mind from viewing society from that angle. That's where I'm from and there's where I've made my decisions from. That's why I believe in socialismď

    ĄDon't forget you're alive. 'Cause sometimes when you walk around the city and you're in a bad mood, you can think, hey, wait a minute, we're alive! We don't know what the next second will bring and what a fantastic thing this is. This can get easily forgotten in the routine of life, and that's something I'm trying to bring to my attention at all times. Don't forget you're alive. We're not dead, you know. This is the greatest thing.Ē

    ó Joe Strummer

  14. #2288
    Grenville Morris
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Location
    Cloud Cuckoo Land
    Posts
    27,998

    Default Re: HENRI has left the building

    Quote Originally Posted by Strummer View Post
    You’re correct of course, but as he reclines in his mansion, redolent in opulent luxury whilst plotting how to spend his millions, he probably won’t give a flying fuck about that.
    Having a mansion and a nice golf swing is one thing, but he could have made a name for himself- maybe gone down in history as the player who netted the winning goal in a cup final or something.

    Got a lot of time on his hands now to do sweet fuck all. No chance of him going into management or coaching or punditry.


  15. #2289
    Nigel Clough
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Location
    London
    Posts
    6,237

    Default Re: HENRI has left the building

    He might just not like football anymore. Seems mad to us as fans, but maybe he was just good at something heís not bothered about any more?

    Iíd imagine with the amount of money floating about, thereís loads of footballers who couldnít care less about football at all and just do it for the wage.

    Unfortunately they donít tell prospective clubs that before some poor mug signs them....


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk


  16. #2290
    Nigel Clough
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Posts
    5,757

    Default Re: HENRI has left the building

    Quote Originally Posted by MaxiRobriguez View Post
    Having a mansion and a nice golf swing is one thing, but he could have made a name for himself- maybe gone down in history as the player who netted the winning goal in a cup final or something.

    Got a lot of time on his hands now to do sweet fuck all. No chance of him going into management or coaching or punditry.
    I'm glad that of all our recent centre midfielders, it's a model pro like Ben Watson that actually did manage to score the winning goal in a cup final. Wes Morgan, the Premier League winning captain is another player I was glad to see do well.

    Quote Originally Posted by RealRed85 View Post
    He might just not like football anymore. Seems mad to us as fans, but maybe he was just good at something heís not bothered about any more?

    Iíd imagine with the amount of money floating about, thereís loads of footballers who couldnít care less about football at all and just do it for the wage.

    Unfortunately they donít tell prospective clubs that before some poor mug signs them....
    Didn't David Bentley give up on football in his 20s because he grew bored with it?


  17. #2291
    Upper Decker
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Location
    In acres of space
    Posts
    42,373

    Default Re: HENRI has left the building

    I remember Ian Woan saying he wasnít interested in football and never watched anything outside of playing for Forest when he was here. Maybe his opinion has changed now heís a coach. Like RealRed85 says, fans sometimes forget that for footballers itís their job. Some have a passion for it, others see it as a good way of earning a living. Letís face it, if you have talent and are prepared to work hard there arenít many more lucrative professions.

    Lansburyís problem is the high point of his career was at the beginning - coming through as a young player at one of the biggest clubs in Europe and tipped for the top. Itís been downhill ever since.

    Last edited by Ravi; 04-03-21 at 19:11.
    THE TRUTH IS THERE AND WITH IT I GO TO THE END OF THE WORLD .

  18. #2292
    Shoot to Thrill
    Join Date
    Jan 2020
    Location
    South London
    Posts
    6,788

    Default Re: HENRI has left the building

    Fuck Lansbury.

    Didn't shed any tears when he went to Villa. Didn't shed any tears when they realised he was shit, dropped him and eventually got rid. Nor will I be shedding any tears when Brizzle get wise and bin the twat off.


  19. #2293
    Gaff Lad
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Location
    On the Fairground.
    Posts
    19,662

    Default Re: HENRI has left the building

    Quote Originally Posted by Harvey View Post
    Fuck Lansbury.

    Didn't shed any tears when he went to Villa. Didn't shed any tears when they realised he was shit, dropped him and eventually got rid. Nor will I be shedding any tears when Brizzle get wise and bin the twat off.
    Well said Harv.


 

 

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •