Welcome to the LTLF Forest Forum.
Page 90 of 92 FirstFirst ... 40808889909192 LastLast
Results 2,226 to 2,250 of 2293
  1. #2226
    Ian Storey-Moore
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Posts
    3,731

    Default Re: HENRI has left the building

    He’s a bit of a nob but I’d probably have him as a second option in the number 10 role


  2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement
    Join Date
    Always
    Posts
    Many

  3. #2227
    Upper Decker
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Location
    In acres of space
    Posts
    42,373

    Default Re: HENRI has left the building

    Lansbury is a good player, no doubt about that. I still fondly remember his part in that Newcastle game and him laughing at Chris Martin in the Friday night win against Derby. Scored some cracking goals for us too.

    Sent by 5G mast Covid19

    THE TRUTH IS THERE AND WITH IT I GO TO THE END OF THE WORLD .

  4. #2228

    Default Re: HENRI has left the building

    This is exactly who the club need to sign to get the fans back onside


  5. #2229
    Nigel Clough
    Join Date
    Jun 2013
    Posts
    6,345

    Default Re: HENRI has left the building

    I'd take the Lansbury of a few years ago without hesitation.

    I wouldn't take him now though, he's pretty much semi-retired now after spending the last few years sat on his arse doing nothing besides counting his money.


  6. #2230
    Youth Team
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Posts
    107

    Default Re: HENRI has left the building

    Quote Originally Posted by EmmersonForest4 View Post
    Again the hatred for Lansbury shows why Forest never succeed. He actually contributes meaningfully for us and was one our best players we have had since Fawaz yet because the bloke is an undoubted bellend we then knock his footballing ability. We lord players like Ameobi because heís nice and honest and donít want players like Lansbury who contribute lots. I donít think he should I come back because we are well stocked in midfield and need a more genuine number 10 however if we had a free spot in the squad Iíd have him.
    This.

    Lansbury was capable of running a midfield and playing deep, box to box, #10 , even sweeper. We haven't had that quality in that role since he left. And many a time we have seen our midfield over run. Under Sabri, we used Watson's ability to organise and contain. Sow to break things up. More progressive attacking play will require a different approach, Colback, hasn't got the same ability, eye for goal and to me looks unfit. Lansbury has been starting in Villa's cup games and looked match fit and up for it.

    His mardy temperament is an issue. As it is for Joe Lolley and countless other talents over the years. Needs a gifted manager to motivate him. Over to Hughton.


  7. #2231
    Massive Member
    Join Date
    May 2013
    Location
    On Tour
    Posts
    24,715

    Default Re: HENRI has left the building

    - ex player that was rightly called out for being a crock
    - celebrated when he left
    - big wages yet has hardly played
    - picked when he wanted to turn up
    - got himself a yellow around Christmas every year

    Sign him up Fawaz.


  8. #2232
    It's all about mid-table...
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    Wetherspoons
    Posts
    20,510

    Default Re: HENRI has left the building

    Eez vermin. Bad for us, his team mates the club, his family and friends.

    Eez no good fer no fukka.


  9. #2233
    Massive Member
    Join Date
    May 2013
    Location
    On Tour
    Posts
    24,715

    Default Re: HENRI has left the building

    Quote Originally Posted by Raymondo Ponte' View Post
    Eez vermin. Bad for us, his team mates the club, his family and friends.

    Eez no good fer no fukka.
    It's the rose tinted specs again Ray, the majority were glad to see the back of him after engineering plenty of opportunities to get away from the club. Had the odd good game, but all in all was more bothered about money and time off. Some will be making a u turn on brereton next.


  10. #2234
    Youth Team
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Posts
    107

    Default Re: HENRI has left the building

    Quote Originally Posted by Carlos View Post
    It's the rose tinted specs again Ray, the majority were glad to see the back of him after engineering plenty of opportunities to get away from the club. Had the odd good game, but all in all was more bothered about money and time off. Some will be making a u turn on brereton next.
    Your opinion was not shared by those that managed him during his time at the City Ground:
    Example:

    Montanier: His commitment is not in question. That is why he is still the captain, because he plays with commitment for this side. He has always done that. I am sure that will not change. He is a very good player for us; he has been very good for us in the last few games. He has a good mentality; one that is an example to the rest of the squad.


  11. #2235
    Massive Member
    Join Date
    May 2013
    Location
    On Tour
    Posts
    24,715

    Default Re: HENRI has left the building

    Quote Originally Posted by redodare View Post
    Your opinion was not shared by those that managed him during his time at the City Ground:
    Example:

    Montanier: His commitment is not in question. That is why he is still the captain, because he plays with commitment for this side. He has always done that. I am sure that will not change. He is a very good player for us; he has been very good for us in the last few games. He has a good mentality; one that is an example to the rest of the squad.
    Was that as he was about to be sold? Can't really call him for what he is then. Wasn't he injured in the run up to being sold and posted a picture of himself playing golf?

    I mean we can of course go off a managers vote of confidence, just like when the board do it.


  12. #2236
    Matchday Squad
    Join Date
    Oct 2020
    Location
    Birmingham
    Posts
    647

    Default Re: HENRI has left the building

    Can't see it happening.

    CH likes to play with 2 wingers. Often " inverted wingers " with a goal threat cutting inside with supporting.
    full backs. The full backs don't often get advanced of the wingers. They are often used as a decoy to allow wingers to cut inside. There are no Championship Clubs with an infinite amount of money so if it was a choice between Knockheart or Lansbury I know where my money would .
    be on.

    Knockheart isnt the quickest but his running stats are superb over a 90 minutes match and puts in a shift defensively as well as offensively.


  13. #2237
    Youth Team
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Posts
    107

    Default Re: HENRI has left the building

    He was always about to be sold! Usually to Burnley, presumably making their usual derisory offer. Nevertheless, Doogie first made him captain and praised his attitude. No doubt, PL clubs knew we needed to sell and he was one of the few assets they were interested in. Why? His record was good and pretty consistent - yes a couple of injuries but played majority of games. Looking at his record it's more remarkable that he stayed than he should eventually leave. I'm not giving him a character reference but the idea that his managers or team mates didn't rate him doesn't seem right to me.


  14. #2238
    In Te Domine
    Join Date
    Jan 2020
    Location
    South London
    Posts
    6,968

    Default Re: HENRI has left the building

    Quote Originally Posted by Carlos View Post
    Was that as he was about to be sold? Can't really call him for what he is then. Wasn't he injured in the run up to being sold and posted a picture of himself playing golf?

    I mean we can of course go off a managers vote of confidence, just like when the board do it.
    I seem to remember our beloved captain claiming he was injured at that time and didn't play for several games including a 2-0 loss in the cup to Wigan, whilst the very same day was on the driving range:



    He effectively went on strike until we sold him.

    So regardless of his talents, Henri can do one.


  15. #2239
    Upper Decker
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Location
    In acres of space
    Posts
    42,373

    Default Re: HENRI has left the building

    Hughton can sign whoever he likes as far as I’m concerned, but I agree that a winger or two are the most likely positions he will look to strengthen.


  16. #2240
    Gaff Lad
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Location
    On the Fairground.
    Posts
    20,222

    Default Re: HENRI has left the building

    Quote Originally Posted by Ravi View Post
    Hughton can sign whoever he likes as far as I’m concerned, but I agree that a winger or two are the most likely positions he will look to strengthen.
    Let's hope so Rav.


  17. #2241
    Youth Team
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Posts
    107

    Default Re: HENRI has left the building

    He was sold two weeks after that incident , reportedly for £3m with 6 months left on his contract . We needed the money - Lansbury got a big fat contract - a good deal for all concerned- with Lansbury getting a big fat contract So its highly likely the club were negotiating his departure and said that he was "injured" as insurance against an actual injury that would have scuppered the deal.


  18. #2242
    Viv Anderson
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Location
    Chester
    Posts
    10,508

    Default Re: HENRI has left the building

    Quote Originally Posted by Ravi View Post
    Hughton can sign whoever he likes as far as I’m concerned, but I agree that a winger or two are the most likely positions he will look to strengthen.
    Squad needs a backup or frontline winger and a backup number 10. That’s all it needs, if he shifts out some heads then maybe he can look at other positions.


  19. #2243
    Massive Member
    Join Date
    May 2013
    Location
    On Tour
    Posts
    24,715

    Default Re: HENRI has left the building

    Quote Originally Posted by redodare View Post
    He was sold two weeks after that incident , reportedly for £3m with 6 months left on his contract . We needed the money - Lansbury got a big fat contract - a good deal for all concerned- with Lansbury getting a big fat contract So its highly likely the club were negotiating his departure and said that he was "injured" as insurance against an actual injury that would have scuppered the deal.
    Irregardless he himself then posted that picture on social media. Shows everything you need to know about him.


  20. #2244
    Viv Anderson
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Location
    Chester
    Posts
    10,508

    Default Re: HENRI has left the building

    Quote Originally Posted by Harvey View Post
    I seem to remember our beloved captain claiming he was injured at that time and didn't play for several games including a 2-0 loss in the cup to Wigan, whilst the very same day was on the driving range:



    He effectively went on strike until we sold him.

    So regardless of his talents, Henri can do one.
    Don’t want to be a dick but the driving range literally involves you standing there and swinging. He could have had an injury and gone to the driving range. Plus what do you want? A nobhead at centre mid who gets you 10 goals and 10 assists or a model pro at centre mid and gets you 5 goals and 5 assists?

    He may have not been injured as well and being a nob but when he was at Forest before that he was probably our best player for a few seasons.

    We could always get Marcus Tudgay back? Model pro ran his heart off and always came off the pitch tires shame he was a pile of shit though.


  21. #2245
    Massive Member
    Join Date
    May 2013
    Location
    On Tour
    Posts
    24,715

    Default Re: HENRI has left the building

    When does the window shut so we can pack this shit in?


  22. #2246
    In Te Domine
    Join Date
    Jan 2020
    Location
    South London
    Posts
    6,968

    Default Re: HENRI has left the building

    Quote Originally Posted by EmmersonForest4 View Post
    Donít want to be a dick but the driving range literally involves you standing there and swinging. He could have had an injury and gone to the driving range.
    Genuine question - do you think it'd be fine for someone you work with to be off sick but then go off on a jolly to the driving range and be tagged as such on Twitter?

    I know people who have been sacked for supposedly being off sick but then tagged out somewhere on social media.

    Quote Originally Posted by EmmersonForest4 View Post
    Plus what do you want? A nobhead at centre mid who gets you 10 goals and 10 assists or a model pro at centre mid and gets you 5 goals and 5 assists?
    Sorry but I don't see the two as mutually exclusive. There are plenty of decent midfielders like Lansbury but who aren't a nob and don't go on strike when they get a strop on and decide they've had enough.


  23. #2247
    Grenville Morris
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Posts
    27,813

    Default Re: HENRI has left the building

    Did Lansbury ever get 10 assists? He may have got near 10 goals one season because he scored a few penalties. He also never, ever "ran the midfield". He could pop up with a goal or good pass every now and then, that was about it. Ball winning non existent, great at picking up petulant yellow cards though.

    I'd take the model pro like a Chris Cohen who contributes far more greatly to the team effort at both ends of the pitch every single game myself.


  24. #2248
    Rice 13
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    Nottingham
    Posts
    5,070

    Default Re: HENRI has left the building

    Quote Originally Posted by Harvey View Post
    Genuine question - do you think it'd be fine for someone you work with to be off sick but then go off on a jolly to the driving range and be tagged as such on Twitter?

    I know people who have been sacked for supposedly being off sick but then tagged out somewhere on social media.



    Sorry but
    Sorry but just because you are off sick or injured doesnt mean you cant go and do other things while off. I had several weeks off work a few years ago after a operation on doctors orders. But carried on doing alot of things I would of done normally anyway while off as it didnt affect me in that way.


  25. #2249
    In Te Domine
    Join Date
    Jan 2020
    Location
    South London
    Posts
    6,968

    Default Re: HENRI has left the building

    Quote Originally Posted by uredsuns View Post
    Sorry but just because you are off sick or injured doesnt mean you cant go and do other things while off. I had several weeks off work a few years ago after a operation on doctors orders. But carried on doing alot of things I would of done normally anyway while off as it didnt affect me in that way.
    I never said you couldn't. My point was about discretion and humilty, and not advertising the fact you're out enjoying yourself whilst supposedly convalescing.


  26. #2250
    In Te Domine
    Join Date
    Jan 2020
    Location
    South London
    Posts
    6,968

    Default Re: HENRI has left the building

    Let's not forget as well that he was the team captain at the time

    Injured or otherwise the least he could've done for that Wigan Cup game was to attend and support the side he was supposed to be captain of

    But no, he preferred an afternoon at the driving range over supporting his team

    Class A cock who I was only too happy to see leave


 

 

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •