Welcome to the LTLF Forest Forum.
Page 138 of 139 FirstFirst ... 3888128136137138139 LastLast
Results 3,426 to 3,450 of 3470
  1. #3426
    Ian Storey-Moore
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    Terra Incognita
    Posts
    5,072

    Default Re: The LTLF video game thread - sponsored by Freddie!

    Quote Originally Posted by OK SpidermAndy! View Post
    Im hard as a coffin nail and half as long.Attachment 13479
    Welcome to the club. Deathloop is the best of the next gen so far (IMO) if you're looking for a decent starter. And Ghosts of Tsushima upgrade is smooth as butter and looks great.


  2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement
    Join Date
    Always
    Location
    Advertising world
    Posts
    Many

  3. #3427
    Viv Anderson
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Posts
    15,162

    Default Re: The LTLF video game thread - sponsored by Freddie!

    Quote Originally Posted by OK SpidermAndy! View Post
    Im hard as a coffin nail and half as long.Attachment 13479
    The ironic thing is all I played on my PS5 for the longest time was the PS Plus collection you get free if you are a PS Plus member and have a PS5. I spent months on Bloodborne and Days Gone and I don't regret a second of it.


  4. #3428
    Warp Speed Chic
    Join Date
    Feb 2016
    Posts
    13,049

    Default Re: The LTLF video game thread - sponsored by Freddie!

    Days Gone is such an underrated game.

    Doesn't need a sequel despite the helmets who want one


  5. #3429
    13th Duke of Wybourne
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    knee deep in clunge
    Posts
    48,775

    Default Re: The LTLF video game thread - sponsored by Freddie!

    I was half way through Monza on F1 2020 (on the ps4) so that got first go, load times are ridiculous. My ps4 was quick as I put a decent SSD in but this knocks it into a cocked hat. Second up was hell let loose, a WW2 FPS that's harder than Barrys hammer and you die quicker than his victims. Well impressed so far and I've not played a proper ps5 game yet.

    Second controllers ordered, as you can save a 5er from Amazon.

    "Ive only met Andy....last week actually and can confirm he is in 2nd place in sexiest fucker on here stakes." -Barry

  6. #3430
    Warp Speed Chic
    Join Date
    Feb 2016
    Posts
    13,049

    Default Re: The LTLF video game thread - sponsored by Freddie!

    Hell Let Loose is a bag of shite, imho.


  7. #3431
    13th Duke of Wybourne
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    knee deep in clunge
    Posts
    48,775

    Default Re: The LTLF video game thread - sponsored by Freddie!

    Quote Originally Posted by Freddie View Post
    Hell Let Loose is a bag of shite, imho.
    It's very clunky and very annoying but I like a challenge.


  8. #3432
    Viv Anderson
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Posts
    15,162

    Default Re: The LTLF video game thread - sponsored by Freddie!

    First look at the GTA Trilogy...

    https://youtu.be/mtyOXKB0M5o


  9. #3433
    Viv Anderson
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Posts
    15,162

    Default Re: The LTLF video game thread - sponsored by Freddie!

    And apparently will be £60


  10. #3434

    Default Re: The LTLF video game thread - sponsored by Freddie!

    Quote Originally Posted by DapperDan View Post
    First look at the GTA Trilogy...

    https://youtu.be/mtyOXKB0M5o
    Impressed. They've still managed to retain the vibe of the originals looking at that. Nice work.


  11. #3435
    Viv Anderson
    Join Date
    Apr 2013
    Location
    Trent End
    Posts
    18,601

    Default Re: The LTLF video game thread - sponsored by Freddie!

    Just watching some videos of people playing it and looks like they have done a brilliant job with this. It looks so smooth on the PS5, can't wait to play them.

    I will be playing all 3 again, it's probably a decade since I have played any of them and remember very little from Vice City / GTA 3 as I was very young when I first played them. I remember when Vice City came out showing my dad and we were both amazed by the graphics

    "Remastered" has become a very lazy thing to do for developers but for me these games have been screaming out for remastering. They are basically unplayable to younger people in their current states, it will be like a new GTA game for that group of people (me included, sort of!).

    Wish they would remaster Bully as well, or better yet a new Bully & GTA game!


  12. #3436
    Wally Ardron
    Join Date
    Oct 2018
    Location
    Cotgrave
    Posts
    1,910

    Default Re: The LTLF video game thread - sponsored by Freddie!

    Can't wait to play them again on my PS5... in 2097 when I eventually acquire one


  13. #3437

    Default Re: The LTLF video game thread - sponsored by Freddie!

    One for Bazz here, some lad is using the Doom engine to make a first-person version of Golden Axe....

    https://gamerant.com/doom-first-person-golden-axe-mod/


  14. #3438
    Viv Anderson
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Posts
    15,162

    Default Re: The LTLF video game thread - sponsored by Freddie!

    A lot of songs not returning for the GTA remaster. Those below are missing:

    Grand Theft Auto: Vice City


    Ozzy Osbourne – ‘Bark At The Moon’
    Kate Bush – ‘Wow’
    Michael Jackson – ‘Billie Jean’
    Lionel Richie – ‘Running With The Night’
    Herbie Hancock – ‘Rockit’
    Afrika Bambaataa + The Soulsonic Force – ‘Looking For the Perfect Beat’
    Michael Jackson – ‘Wanna Be Starting Something’
    Sigue Sigue Sputnik – ‘Love Missile F1-11’
    Gary Numan – ‘Cars’
    ABC – ‘Poison Arrow’
    Aneka – ‘Japanese Boy’
    The Buggles – ‘Video Killed The Radio Star’
    Joe Jackson – ‘Steppin’ Out’
    The Fixx – ‘One Thing Leads To Another
    Quiet Riot – ‘Cum On Feel The Noize’





    Grand Theft Auto: San Andreas


    Tom Petty – ‘Runnin’ Down A Dream’
    Joe Cocker – ‘Woman to Woman’
    Fatback Band – Yum Yum (Gimme Some)’
    The Gap Band – ‘You Dropped A Bomb On Me’
    George Clinton – ‘Loopzilla’
    Roy Ayers – ‘Running Away’
    2 Pac – ‘I Don’t Give a Fuck’
    NWA – ‘Express Yourself’
    Ozzy Osbourne – ‘Hellraiser’
    Rage Against The Machine – ‘Killing In The Name’
    Black Harmony – ‘Don’t let It Go To Your Head’
    Blood Sisters – ‘Ring My Bell’
    Augustus Pablo – ‘King Tubby Meets Rockers Uptown’
    Charles Wright – ‘Express Yourself’
    The Blackbyrds – ‘Rock Creek Park’
    Bobby Byrd – ‘Hot Pants’
    Bobby Byrd – ‘I Know You Got Soul’
    James Brown – ‘Funky President’
    James Brown – ’The Payback’
    Lyn Collins – ‘Rock Me Again And Again’
    The J.B.’s – ‘Grunt'

    Last edited by DapperDan; 11-11-21 at 15:38.

  15. #3439

    Default Re: The LTLF video game thread - sponsored by Freddie!

    Quote Originally Posted by DapperDan View Post
    A lot of songs not returning for the GTA remaster. Those below are missing:

    Grand Theft Auto: Vice City


    Ozzy Osbourne – ‘Bark At The Moon’
    Kate Bush – ‘Wow’
    Michael Jackson – ‘Billie Jean’
    Lionel Richie – ‘Running With The Night’
    Herbie Hancock – ‘Rockit’
    Afrika Bambaataa + The Soulsonic Force – ‘Looking For the Perfect Beat’
    Michael Jackson – ‘Wanna Be Starting Something’
    Sigue Sigue Sputnik – ‘Love Missile F1-11’
    Gary Numan – ‘Cars’
    ABC – ‘Poison Arrow’
    Aneka – ‘Japanese Boy’
    The Buggles – ‘Video Killed The Radio Star’
    Joe Jackson – ‘Steppin’ Out’
    The Fixx – ‘One Thing Leads To Another
    Quiet Riot – ‘Cum On Feel The Noize’





    Grand Theft Auto: San Andreas


    Tom Petty – ‘Runnin’ Down A Dream’
    Joe Cocker – ‘Woman to Woman’
    Fatback Band – Yum Yum (Gimme Some)’
    The Gap Band – ‘You Dropped A Bomb On Me’
    George Clinton – ‘Loopzilla’
    Roy Ayers – ‘Running Away’
    2 Pac – ‘I Don’t Give a Fuck’
    NWA – ‘Express Yourself’
    Ozzy Osbourne – ‘Hellraiser’
    Rage Against The Machine – ‘Killing In The Name’
    Black Harmony – ‘Don’t let It Go To Your Head’
    Blood Sisters – ‘Ring My Bell’
    Augustus Pablo – ‘King Tubby Meets Rockers Uptown’
    Charles Wright – ‘Express Yourself’
    The Blackbyrds – ‘Rock Creek Park’
    Bobby Byrd – ‘Hot Pants’
    Bobby Byrd – ‘I Know You Got Soul’
    James Brown – ‘Funky President’
    James Brown – ’The Payback’
    Lyn Collins – ‘Rock Me Again And Again’
    The J.B.’s – ‘Grunt'
    That's wank. Fuck that then.


  16. #3440
    Viv Anderson
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Posts
    15,162

    Default Re: The LTLF video game thread - sponsored by Freddie!

    Looks like it's quite a disappointment, seems like they have essentially just made a mobile game and cut a lot of corners, making the games worse in some cases according to early impressions.

    https://youtu.be/48Ny3Gh9mjg

    Hedges being solid blocks you cannot drive through anymore and having to stop moving completely before opening a car door sounds like it would irritate the hell out of me.

    I feared this would be a bit of a cash grab and it looks like it is. I will probably still get it though


  17. #3441
    Warp Speed Chic
    Join Date
    Feb 2016
    Posts
    13,049

    Default Re: The LTLF video game thread - sponsored by Freddie!

    It looks equally nice as it does terrible in parts.

    It's kinda what I expected.


  18. #3442
    Nigel Clough
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Posts
    5,876

    Default Re: The LTLF video game thread - sponsored by Freddie!

    They've basically cut out Flash FM, judging by that list of missing songs.

    What the fuck is the point of playing the game without references to Rusty Brown's Ring Donuts?


  19. #3443
    Where's me hammer?
    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Posts
    52,486

    Default Re: The LTLF video game thread - sponsored by Freddie!

    Quote Originally Posted by Alf-engelos Mindminackers View Post
    One for Bazz here, some lad is using the Doom engine to make a first-person version of Golden Axe....

    https://gamerant.com/doom-first-person-golden-axe-mod/
    Hello!


  20. #3444
    Wally Ardron
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Location
    The wrong end of the county
    Posts
    2,418

    Default Re: The LTLF video game thread - sponsored by Freddie!

    I still have a Vice City saved game on my PC that I haven't played since I bought my Xbox in 2009.


  21. #3445
    Wally Ardron
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Location
    The wrong end of the county
    Posts
    2,418

    Default Re: The LTLF video game thread - sponsored by Freddie!

    Quote Originally Posted by adam09 View Post
    I had a quick look at upgrading my xbox, saw that nowhere is getting any stock and straight away fucked it off until next year. Sod paying over the odds, they are going for £500-600 on ebay.
    I'd love to upgrade from the 360. problem is, I essentially only bought it in the first place to play Beatles Rock Band and have since bought the other rock band and guitar hero games. However, these can't be played on the Xbox one or the recent consoles, and I only tend to buy a new Fifa every 4-5 years (my most recent is 2016), so a waste of money for me really. Maybe if the next GTA is UK based I could be persuaded.


  22. #3446

    Default Re: The LTLF video game thread - sponsored by Freddie!

    Quote Originally Posted by Forestjones View Post
    I'd love to upgrade from the 360. problem is, I essentially only bought it in the first place to play Beatles Rock Band and have since bought the other rock band and guitar hero games. However, these can't be played on the Xbox one or the recent consoles, and I only tend to buy a new Fifa every 4-5 years (my most recent is 2016), so a waste of money for me really. Maybe if the next GTA is UK based I could be persuaded.
    I didn't really get back into gaming until the health declined a few years back and, coming into pretty fresh after 20 odd years of playing games very sporadically, I think the 360s library is shit-hot and probably the best of the post 00's consoles myself.

    In fact the only console which I prefer to it is the Megadrive for all the SHMUPS and arcade hits. The PC's got some great games and can obviously emulate all the older stuff too, but if you're happy with the 360 just stick with it mate and give all the underrated gems a blast.

    I still can't believe how many new games are coming out for the Megadrive! Metal Dragon, Demons of Asterborg, Xenocrisis, Paprium, ZPF......these are quality titles and they're for a 30-odd year old console!


  23. #3447
    Wally Ardron
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Location
    The wrong end of the county
    Posts
    2,418

    Default Re: The LTLF video game thread - sponsored by Freddie!

    Quote Originally Posted by Alf-engelos Mindminackers View Post
    I didn't really get back into gaming until the health declined a few years back and, coming into pretty fresh after 20 odd years of playing games very sporadically, I think the 360s library is shit-hot and probably the best of the post 00's consoles myself.

    In fact the only console which I prefer to it is the Megadrive for all the SHMUPS and arcade hits. The PC's got some great games and can obviously emulate all the older stuff too, but if you're happy with the 360 just stick with it mate and give all the underrated gems a blast.

    I still can't believe how many new games are coming out for the Megadrive! Metal Dragon, Demons of Asterborg, Xenocrisis, Paprium, ZPF......these are quality titles and they're for a 30-odd year old console!
    I keep intending to dig out my CDI too (my only other console), haven't played that since 2009. And my speccy +2 is stored in the original box in the attic, hasn't been used since I bought the CDI in late 1995. I've seen one of those recently being sold on ebay for £190.


  24. #3448

    Default Re: The LTLF video game thread - sponsored by Freddie!

    Quote Originally Posted by Forestjones View Post
    I keep intending to dig out my CDI too (my only other console), haven't played that since 2009. And my speccy +2 is stored in the original box in the attic, hasn't been used since I bought the CDI in late 1995. I've seen one of those recently being sold on ebay for £190.
    There's been fortunes to be made with retro gaming during Covid. Folk stuck at home, companies delaying new releases, I sold a few SNES games I had in the loft for a nice little sum (Secret of Mana boxed & with map + booklet, fetched £140 I think).

    Don't get short changed if you sell it. I have no idea about the the price it can fetch, but there's plenty of collectors willing to pay good coin for stuff.


  25. #3449
    Ian Storey-Moore
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Posts
    4,409

    Default Re: The LTLF video game thread - sponsored by Freddie!

    Halo Infinite shadow dropped last night, my already shit sleeping pattern is going to take another hit.


  26. #3450
    Formerly Gandalfthered
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Location
    Mansfield
    Posts
    5,921

    Default Re: The LTLF video game thread - sponsored by Freddie!

    Would anyone be interested in an Xbox Series S? I managed to snag a PS5 this morning so will be moving on from my xbox. Hardly been used in the last 6 months to be fair.


 

 

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •