Welcome to the LTLF Forest Forum.
Page 121 of 121 FirstFirst ... 2171111119120121
Results 3,001 to 3,018 of 3018
  1. #3001

    Default Re: The LTLF video game thread - sponsored by Freddie!

    Quote Originally Posted by adam09 View Post

    The way the game is, unless you pick a club that is known for producing quality youngsters, you rarely seem to get any that can step up a level once you start getting promoted. It's best to scout clubs and try and nab their youngsters, mainly from abroad.
    It really is as if our top brass have been playing Football Manager too much


  2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement
    Join Date
    Always
    Posts
    Many

  3. #3002
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Posts
    26,764

    Default Re: The LTLF video game thread - sponsored by Freddie!

    Quote Originally Posted by Alf-engelos Mindminackers View Post
    It really is as if our top brass have been playing Football Manager too much
    What you on about, I said I scout!

    The game is stats/formula based right? 0-20... so I literally only go for players above 10 in important criteria like speed, work rate, passing, tackling etc etc. Fast players will do you alright even if they lack in other areas.

    It’s crude but isn’t that fundamentally part of the ‘moneyball’ or whatever you want call it modern approach that more forward thinking clubs than Forest use?


  4. #3003
    Warp Speed Chic
    Join Date
    Feb 2016
    Posts
    10,662

    Default Re: The LTLF video game thread - sponsored by Freddie!

    I still can't get over how big the PS5 is


  5. #3004
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Posts
    6,608

    Default Re: The LTLF video game thread - sponsored by Freddie!

    Assassin’s Creed Valhalla is frustrating.

    It’s a buggy mess that for the first 20 hours is pretty boring and not very fun. It’s starting to click though 25 odd hours in which is annoying.

    It’s such a half baked experience with a few nuggets of fun surrounded by mounds of un fun boring open worldness. Nottingham is legit just a small hamlet with a cave in the middle which made me laugh.


  6. #3005

    Default Re: The LTLF video game thread - sponsored by Freddie!

    Interesting concept....




  7. #3006
    Can't Re Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    North Wales
    Posts
    7,525

    Default Re: The LTLF video game thread - sponsored by Freddie!

    Just been playing Eleven Table Tennis on the Oculus. Unbelievably realistic. Think Iím addicted.

    Oh FFS.

  8. #3007
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Posts
    14,065

    Default Re: The LTLF video game thread - sponsored by Freddie!

    Quote Originally Posted by Liaminho View Post
    Assassinís Creed Valhalla is frustrating.

    Itís a buggy mess that for the first 20 hours is pretty boring and not very fun. Itís starting to click though 25 odd hours in which is annoying.

    Itís such a half baked experience with a few nuggets of fun surrounded by mounds of un fun boring open worldness. Nottingham is legit just a small hamlet with a cave in the middle which made me laugh.
    Is it like Odyssey with a different skin dropped on top? I found that so dull.


  9. #3008
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Posts
    26,764

    Default Re: The LTLF video game thread - sponsored by Freddie!

    Origins, Odyseyy and Valhalla are all very similar but they have expanded the RPG element more from the past games.

    I've found it pretty fun, to start with I was smashing the shit out of everything with an axe, then when I unlocked more skills and got a predator bow, I started being more stealthy like the games of old, though with hardly any tall buildings or places to hide, it's not like the original games.

    Going between the main missions, little puzzle side quests, treasure hunts and raids breaks it all up, keeps it more interesting. The story lines I find pretty fun, though surely they can't do another game like Origins/Odyseyy/Valhalla and will have to bring in a major change for the next one, not just a reskin and new story.


  10. #3009
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Posts
    14,065

    Default Re: The LTLF video game thread - sponsored by Freddie!

    Finished Bloodborne, possibly the most frustrating game I have ever played but I just couldn't stop playing it. I found myself having a quick blast in my lunch breaks and anywhere else I could find a spare 15 mins, it is so addictive.


  11. #3010
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Posts
    6,608

    Default Re: The LTLF video game thread - sponsored by Freddie!

    Quote Originally Posted by DapperDan View Post
    Finished Bloodborne, possibly the most frustrating game I have ever played but I just couldn't stop playing it. I found myself having a quick blast in my lunch breaks and anywhere else I could find a spare 15 mins, it is so addictive.
    You finish the DLC? The final boss in the DLC is probably the hardest boss in all of FromSoftware's back catalogue.


  12. #3011
    13th Duke of Wybourne
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    Hughton's Underpants
    Posts
    46,381

    Default Re: The LTLF video game thread - sponsored by Freddie!

    New toy

    "Ive only met Andy....last week actually and can confirm he is in 2nd place in sexiest fucker on here stakes." -Barry

  13. #3012
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Posts
    14,065

    Default Re: The LTLF video game thread - sponsored by Freddie!

    Quote Originally Posted by Liaminho View Post
    You finish the DLC? The final boss in the DLC is probably the hardest boss in all of FromSoftware's back catalogue.
    No not yet, stories of even basic enemies bring able to two shot you to death makes me feel like I need a breather first.


  14. #3013
    Warp Speed Chic
    Join Date
    Feb 2016
    Posts
    10,662

    Default Re: The LTLF video game thread - sponsored by Freddie!

    It's one of my fave games of last gen, but I've never had the balls for the DLC


  15. #3014
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Posts
    6,608

    Default Re: The LTLF video game thread - sponsored by Freddie!

    I love FromSoftware personally. I've got the Platinum for Bloodborne, Darks Souls 3 (x2 Once on PS4 and once on PC) and Sekiro.

    I'm working on the Platinum for Demons Souls which i should hopefully get before CyberPunk comes out. The DLC for BloodBorne is some of the best content FromSoftware has ever made. The last two bosses of that DLC are two of the best they've ever made.

    Last edited by Liaminho; 02-12-20 at 15:11.

  16. #3015

    Default Re: The LTLF video game thread - sponsored by Freddie!

    Quote Originally Posted by Liaminho View Post
    I love FromSoftware personally. I've got the Platinum for Bloodborne, Darks Souls 3 (x2 Once on PS4 and once on PC) and Sekiro.

    I'm working on the Platinum for Demons Souls which i should hopefully get before CyberPunk comes out. The DLC for BloodBorne is some of the best content FromSoftware has ever made. The last two bosses of that DLC are two of the best they've ever made.
    Congrats on the ps5.

    I was watching my favorite streamer play that game, looks like mapsouls - the game. The damn environment before getting to the boss is just crazy.

    Was the demon souls remake made by Fromsoftware?

    Also, I wish they made another Armored Core game.

    Sent from my SM-G781U1 using Tapatalk


  17. #3016
    Left Winger
    Join Date
    Dec 2003
    Location
    Lufthansa Business Lounge
    Posts
    89,542

    Default Re: The LTLF video game thread - sponsored by Freddie!

    Finally got Football Manager 2021 Touch for the iPad, really enjoying it so far, decided to take on my local team to manage and youíll never believe who they lined up a preseason friendly with?



    Suffice to say, it didnít get any better for the sheep, poached another couple of goals for a 0-7 final score.

    Overall the game performs well on the iPad Pro, as ever, itís packed with detail and interesting tweaks, and you can spend hours just messing about. The 3D match engine is slick, and the new interactions are really useful and seem to make a difference (you can bollock individuals from the bench, in real time!)

    Got through the potential banana-skin of the first round of the cup, and have played two Bundesliga matches, beating Freiburg and Mainz.

    ĄI believe in socialism because it seems more humanitarian, rather than every man for himself and 'I'm alright jack' and all those arsehole businessmen with all the loot. I made up my mind from viewing society from that angle. That's where I'm from and there's where I've made my decisions from. That's why I believe in socialismď

    ĄDon't forget you're alive. 'Cause sometimes when you walk around the city and you're in a bad mood, you can think, hey, wait a minute, we're alive! We don't know what the next second will bring and what a fantastic thing this is. This can get easily forgotten in the routine of life, and that's something I'm trying to bring to my attention at all times. Don't forget you're alive. We're not dead, you know. This is the greatest thing.Ē

    ó Joe Strummer

  18. #3017
    Massive Member
    Join Date
    May 2013
    Location
    On Tour
    Posts
    19,829

    Default Re: The LTLF video game thread - sponsored by Freddie!

    Quote Originally Posted by Strummer View Post
    Finally got Football Manager 2021 Touch for the iPad, really enjoying it so far, decided to take on my local team to manage and youíll never believe who they lined up a preseason friendly with?



    Suffice to say, it didnít get any better for the sheep, poached another couple of goals for a 0-7 final score.

    Overall the game performs well on the iPad Pro, as ever, itís packed with detail and interesting tweaks, and you can spend hours just messing about. The 3D match engine is slick, and the new interactions are really useful and seem to make a difference (you can bollock individuals from the bench, in real time!)

    Got through the potential banana-skin of the first round of the cup, and have played two Bundesliga matches, beating Freiburg and Mainz.
    It's great fun isn't it? Stuttgart have some very highly rated youngsters and that transfers well into the game. In fact it's the first team I raided when I took over Frankfurt.


  19. #3018
    Left Winger
    Join Date
    Dec 2003
    Location
    Lufthansa Business Lounge
    Posts
    89,542

    Default Re: The LTLF video game thread - sponsored by Freddie!

    Quote Originally Posted by Carlos View Post
    It's great fun isn't it? Stuttgart have some very highly rated youngsters and that transfers well into the game. In fact it's the first team I raided when I took over Frankfurt.
    Yeah, thereís some absolute nuggets like Tanguy Coullibaly, who is hidden away in the youth side (in the real world heís already made his debut in the Bundesliga this season).

    VfB only have a Ä6m transfer budget when you start and a huge wage bill, but I solved much of that by selling Holger Badstuber to Fenerbahce which saved Ä80k a week.


 

 

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •