Welcome to the LTLF Forest Forum.
Page 116 of 121 FirstFirst ... 1666106114115116117118 ... LastLast
Results 2,876 to 2,900 of 3003
  1. #2876
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Posts
    3,262

    Default Re: The LTLF video game thread - sponsored by Freddie!

    I really hope Cyberpunk isn’t a let down, I’ve been looking forward to it for what seems like years


  2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement
    Join Date
    Always
    Posts
    Many

  3. #2877

    Default Re: The LTLF video game thread - sponsored by Freddie!

    Quote Originally Posted by Haych View Post
    I really hope Cyberpunk isn’t a let down, I’ve been looking forward to it for what seems like years
    I think they're trying to bite off more than they can chew mate.

    But then again I thought The Witcher 3's main game was bloated trash, which fell over the second you took away the aesthetics & atmosphere,, and loads loved that. So what do I know

    Time will tell.


  4. #2878
    Warp Speed Chic
    Join Date
    Feb 2016
    Posts
    10,575

    Default Re: The LTLF video game thread - sponsored by Freddie!

    I'm not looking into it as I don't want anything spoiled and I don't want to buy anymore new games for a while. The original Cyberpunk creator has been involved all the way, which excites me. I've really enjoyed what I've seen of the franchise, especially the Playstation Access play through.


  5. #2879
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Posts
    26,700

    Default Re: The LTLF video game thread - sponsored by Freddie!

    2D Resi looks nuts, that’s good work!

    Yeah I’m intrigued by Cyberpunk. I’ll probably wait and see what the reaction is because I got Witcher 3 and I just didn’t get into it but then that sort of theme isn’t something I enjoy, which is why I didn’t play Skyrim either. Cyberpunk is more up my alley.


  6. #2880
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Posts
    26,700

    Default Re: The LTLF video game thread - sponsored by Freddie!

    A couple of issues I had with Witcher was the menu system was abysmal, too hard to naviagate and the text/picturs were too small. And then I was also finding shit loads of side missions which were WAY above my level. Considering I’d just started the game, why would I want a level 30 side mission...

    The game looked great, played well, had a nice story and all that so I’m sure if I was into that I would have stuck with the game.


  7. #2881

    Default Re: The LTLF video game thread - sponsored by Freddie!

    Quote Originally Posted by Liaminho View Post
    New Vegas is so good. Bethesda should've bought up Obsidian and let them do what they wanted with the Fallout License.

    Fallout 4's best part was its Far Harbor DLC which no one played as everyone got bored of the main game.
    I've always said the same as well, Far Harbor was literally the pinnacle of that game. Might wanna play that game again but I need a new damn hard drive.

    Sent from my SM-G781U1 using Tapatalk


  8. #2882

    Default Re: The LTLF video game thread - sponsored by Freddie!

    Quote Originally Posted by adam09 View Post
    A couple of issues I had with Witcher was the menu system was abysmal, too hard to naviagate and the text/picturs were too small. And then I was also finding shit loads of side missions which were WAY above my level. Considering I’d just started the game, why would I want a level 30 side mission...

    The game looked great, played well, had a nice story and all that so I’m sure if I was into that I would have stuck with the game.
    The way the game was meant to be "Open World", but railroaded you with levels was bizarre. I didn't like it at all, and heading out only to hit a brick wall felt out of place for an alleged Open World game.

    Compare that to something like Morrowind, and there's a million different ways to get around each quest, regardless of level.


  9. #2883
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Posts
    6,568

    Default Re: The LTLF video game thread - sponsored by Freddie!

    Quote Originally Posted by I Trust Sabri View Post
    I've always said the same as well, Far Harbor was literally the pinnacle of that game. Might wanna play that game again but I need a new damn hard drive.

    Sent from my SM-G781U1 using Tapatalk
    The Side-quest where you go into the Vault inhabited by Old world Actors is classic fallout. More of that less "HAS ANYONE SEEN MY SON?!?! SHAUUUUUNNN!"


  10. #2884
    Massive Member
    Join Date
    May 2013
    Location
    On Tour
    Posts
    19,615

    Default Re: The LTLF video game thread - sponsored by Freddie!

    Quote Originally Posted by Alf-engelos Mindminackers View Post
    The way the game was meant to be "Open World", but railroaded you with levels was bizarre. I didn't like it at all, and heading out only to hit a brick wall felt out of place for an alleged Open World game.

    Compare that to something like Morrowind, and there's a million different ways to get around each quest, regardless of level.
    Yeah I struggled with the Witcher. The Elder scrolls games are brilliant in the way you can never play them the same way twice. I've just started Skyrim again as an orc and the way NPCs interact with you is brilliant.

    Massive plus allowing User mods onto the main game too, adds another level of fun to it. I've upgraded my speech skill using the cheats and it opens up a whole new way of playing the story mode.


  11. #2885

    Default Re: The LTLF video game thread - sponsored by Freddie!

    Quote Originally Posted by Carlos View Post
    Yeah I struggled with the Witcher. The Elder scrolls games are brilliant in the way you can never play them the same way twice. I've just started Skyrim again as an orc and the way NPCs interact with you is brilliant.

    Massive plus allowing User mods onto the main game too, adds another level of fun to it. I've upgraded my speech skill using the cheats and it opens up a whole new way of playing the story mode.
    You ever delved as far back as Morrowind mate? Shit combat, but IMO best exploration out of the series by far.

    The praise for Witcher 3 just amazes me. Looks mint, well acted with some great cut-scenes, but to play just a real chore & a massive downgrade on the second game. Like they tried to take that, but spread it over 100+ hours instead of keeping it tight & fun (like the expansions)


  12. #2886
    Massive Member
    Join Date
    May 2013
    Location
    On Tour
    Posts
    19,615

    Default Re: The LTLF video game thread - sponsored by Freddie!

    Quote Originally Posted by Alf-engelos Mindminackers View Post
    You ever delved as far back as Morrowind mate? Shit combat, but IMO best exploration out of the series by far.

    The praise for Witcher 3 just amazes me. Looks mint, well acted with some great cut-scenes, but to play just a real chore & a massive downgrade on the second game. Like they tried to take that, but spread it over 100+ hours instead of keeping it tight & fun (like the expansions)
    I haven't mate. I don't really have enough time/will to put into games anyway now. The last time I turned on the Xbox to play a game rather than watch TV was about a month ago and I played Skyrim for about 20 minutes before I got bored.


  13. #2887
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Posts
    14,044

    Default Re: The LTLF video game thread - sponsored by Freddie!

    Anyone played Days Gone? Any good?

    I know it was meant to be quite ropey when it first came out but heard it has been patched quite heavily since then?


  14. #2888
    Warp Speed Chic
    Join Date
    Feb 2016
    Posts
    10,575

    Default Re: The LTLF video game thread - sponsored by Freddie!

    Quote Originally Posted by DapperDan View Post
    Anyone played Days Gone? Any good?

    I know it was meant to be quite ropey when it first came out but heard it has been patched quite heavily since then?
    Loved it, a lot more than I thought.

    Story is really good and you think it's ended but then it just cracks on a bit more. The bike and the open world are good and fuck those hoards. Proper scary when you drift into one randomly.


  15. #2889

    Default Re: The LTLF video game thread - sponsored by Freddie!

    Quote Originally Posted by DapperDan View Post
    Anyone played Days Gone? Any good?

    I know it was meant to be quite ropey when it first came out but heard it has been patched quite heavily since then?



  16. #2890
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Posts
    6,568

    Default Re: The LTLF video game thread - sponsored by Freddie!

    If you've pre-ordered the PS5 from Currys check your emails for confirmation. Mine was bloody sent to the Junk folder.

    All paid for and done now.


  17. #2891
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Posts
    3,262

    Default Re: The LTLF video game thread - sponsored by Freddie!

    Quote Originally Posted by Alf-engelos Mindminackers View Post
    I think they're trying to bite off more than they can chew mate.

    But then again I thought The Witcher 3's main game was bloated trash, which fell over the second you took away the aesthetics & atmosphere,, and loads loved that. So what do I know

    Time will tell.
    I never played the Witcher but most my mates thought it was class, who knows.


  18. #2892

    Default Re: The LTLF video game thread - sponsored by Freddie!

    Quote Originally Posted by Haych View Post
    I never played the Witcher but most my mates thought it was class, who knows.
    I can see why folk take good stuff away from it, it's got undoubted class in several areas. But as on overall experience it was just superficial & flakey for me.

    I'd wager most folk who loved it hasn't played the first two, simply because it falls flat as a sequel IMO. The first one's a great story with shite combat, the second one's hard work to get into for 5-10 hours, but an absolutely fucking brilliant blend of all the best bits of all 3 games & perfectly paced, with some stunning C&C (the second chapter is almost totally different dependant on choices made in Chapter 1)

    All that 3 felt like to me was a bloated, dumbed down version of the second game. It was also a HUGE let down plot-wise, as The Wild Hunt was built up superbly in TW2 to barely feature for 90% of the game in TW3.

    Last edited by Alf-engelos Mindminackers; 24-10-20 at 17:57.

  19. #2893
    13th Duke of Wybourne
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    Hughton's Underpants
    Posts
    46,315

    Default Re: The LTLF video game thread - sponsored by Freddie!

    Buckled and bought FIFA 21 at the weekend. Already turned the difficulty right up as I put 5 past Leeds in pre-season and just beat Bournemout 4-0.

    "Ive only met Andy....last week actually and can confirm he is in 2nd place in sexiest fucker on here stakes." -Barry

  20. #2894
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Posts
    6,568

    Default Re: The LTLF video game thread - sponsored by Freddie!


  21. #2895
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    Terra Incognita
    Posts
    3,930

    Default Re: The LTLF video game thread - sponsored by Freddie!

    By the time this arrives, playing it will be like watching a 70's episode of 'tomorrow's world'.


  22. #2896
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Posts
    26,700

    Default Re: The LTLF video game thread - sponsored by Freddie!

    Fair play to them, they actually give a toss about the quality of the product they are putting out.


  23. #2897
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Posts
    6,568

    Default Re: The LTLF video game thread - sponsored by Freddie!

    That early November period was already stacked with games.

    Gives me time to play through Yakuza 7 and Valhalla


  24. #2898
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Posts
    6,568

    Default Re: The LTLF video game thread - sponsored by Freddie!

    Apparently the team working on Cuberpunk found out the same time we did. A colleague wide email was sent out at the same time as the tweet.

    Scumbags


  25. #2899

    Default Re: The LTLF video game thread - sponsored by Freddie!

    I still can't get over how none-cyberpunk "Cyberpunk" 2077 looks.

    After watching the Night City promo vids, I thought I'd check out the books & see how they were envisioned.........









    How the fuck does that become this?.......



    It should be re-titled "Nowhere near anything like any cyberpunk which you've ever seen between 1977 & 2077"


  26. #2900
    Left Winger
    Join Date
    Dec 2003
    Location
    Lufthansa Business Lounge
    Posts
    89,294

    Default Re: The LTLF video game thread - sponsored by Freddie!

    Look, for me, „cyberpunk“ means William Gibson.

    His vision of the future, set out in his books, spawned an entire genre of movies, media and inspired dozens of other authors.

    If they truly wanted to make a „cyberpunk“ open-world game, William Gibson is the bible.

    „I believe in socialism because it seems more humanitarian, rather than every man for himself and 'I'm alright jack' and all those arsehole businessmen with all the loot. I made up my mind from viewing society from that angle. That's where I'm from and there's where I've made my decisions from. That's why I believe in socialism“

    „Don't forget you're alive. 'Cause sometimes when you walk around the city and you're in a bad mood, you can think, hey, wait a minute, we're alive! We don't know what the next second will bring and what a fantastic thing this is. This can get easily forgotten in the routine of life, and that's something I'm trying to bring to my attention at all times. Don't forget you're alive. We're not dead, you know. This is the greatest thing.”

    — Joe Strummer

 

 

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •