Welcome to the LTLF Forest Forum.
Page 254 of 254 FirstFirst ... 154204244252253254
Results 6,326 to 6,342 of 6342

Thread: Remember (the still) non-league Notts County? (sponsored by Otis Redd'un)

Viv Anderson

Default Re: Remember (the still) non-league Notts County? (sponsored by Otis Redd'un)

Quote Originally Posted by valspoodle View Post
    Only saying in conversation yesterday, once you're down, it's a hell of a job to climb back. And the longer that goes on, the harder it becomes, until eventually.. oblivion.

Seriously, it's a tough climb up the leagues; some do it, but most don't.
    I see Otis reading this with a big smile on his face.

Sent from my M2003J15SC using Tapatalk

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

Gaff Lad

Default Re: Remember (the still) non-league Notts County? (sponsored by Otis Redd'un)

Quote Originally Posted by Lefkasman View Post
    Stop it Otis, you won't sleep tonight.

Sent from my M2003J15SC using Tapatalk

Gaff Lad

For those of you too young to remember.

Sorry Frank, please accept my sincerest of apologies.

Viv Anderson

Quote Originally Posted by rockabilly View Post

I got taken to that 91-92 game by my mum's NC supporting boyfriend at the time and his kids, I think. Was that the one we won 4-0 or something? I can barely remember it.

Matchday Squad

Quote Originally Posted by DapperDan View Post
    I got taken to that 91-92 game by my mum's NC supporting boyfriend at the time and his kids, I think. Was that the one we won 4-0 or something? I can barely remember it.
    Yeah I was there that day too. Crosby, Sheringham, Keane and Charles(?)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Nigel Clough

That 4-0 was one of my best days out following Forest. I’d had everything, brilliant atmosphere before the game, got Bank Holiday weather and 4 goals scored right in front of us.

Francis Benali (on loan)

Mirrored the West Ham FA Cup semi-final a few months earlier.

0-0 at half-time, Notts holding their own, arguably slightly the better side.

Then Forest picked them off on the counter second half as they went chasing the game. The four second half goals, same scorers only Sheringham scored instead of Pearce this time.

Francis Benali (on loan)

On the BBC coverage of the cup semi-final Bobby Charlton said in commentary he thought Forest would have won without the sending-off. After the game Neil Warnock in the studio disagrees. Says West Ham were the better said until the red card.

So I like to think that Clough saw that and decided to have Forest repeat exactly what they did to West Ham when they went to Meadow Lane. Only with eleven versus eleven.

Wally Ardron

Quote Originally Posted by valspoodle View Post
    Only saying in conversation yesterday, once you're down, it's a hell of a job to climb back. And the longer that goes on, the harder it becomes, until eventually.. oblivion.

Seriously, it's a tough climb up the leagues; some do it, but most don't.
    Most clubs of that stature come back eventually-Bristol Rovers,Shrewsbury,Mansfield,Lincoln and Luton to name a
    few.
    I fully expect Notts to return to the football league at some point.

Viv Anderson

Quote Originally Posted by Cloughie1975 View Post
    Most clubs of that stature come back eventually-Bristol Rovers,Shrewsbury,Mansfield,Lincoln and Luton to name a
    few.
    I fully expect Notts to return to the football league at some point.
    Ideally Cloughie, sometime during the 22nd-century.

Viv Anderson

No apology necessary Gary. That photo has it's novelty value, but more interestingly for me, it features a rare image of Paddy Greenwood in a Forest team photo.

Gaff Lad

There's a pub in Whickham (Gateshead), where myself and the Geordie would often frequent during our trips to see my mother in law. Many times we chatted to Tommy Johnson's aunty who happened to work behind the bar (before covid). She was very canny and was the spitting image of Tommy.

Viv Anderson

Matty Palmer is a decent signing for them.

He was a regular in the Championship a few years ago & still only young.

Nigel Clough

1-0 up with 70 minutes gone at home to Woking.

Lost 4-1.

Viv Anderson

Quote Originally Posted by Tobias View Post
    1-0 up with 70 minutes gone at home to Woking.

Lost 4-1.
    From Somebody-or-other-pie on SaddieMad forum early this afternoon....

"Steve Sutton absolutely deluded on radio, bigging up a win over another relegation contender! Hope Birmingham hammer them today, put them back in their place."

Oh well.

Nigel Clough

What's a Notts County? I don't follow non-league football. Do they play in the same league as Heanor Town?

There's a pub in Whickham (Gateshead), where myself and the Geordie would often frequent during our trips to see my mother in law. Many times we chatted to Tommy Johnson's aunty who happened to work behind the bar (before covid). She was very canny and was the spitting image of Tommy.

? The Bay? Jacks? The Bridle ? … top night Whickham