Welcome to the LTLF Forest Forum.
Page 3790 of 3790 FirstFirst ... 27903290369037403780378837893790
Results 94,726 to 94,748 of 94748
  1. #94726
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Location
    South Derbyshire.
    Posts
    14,600

    Default Re: The "I've just..." Thread

    Quote Originally Posted by Carlos View Post
    That's brilliant, how do you do it? I've tried painting models before and it just drips and mixes all the time.
    Painting in miniature is a balls ache. It took me longer to paint the models than it did to paint the real thing.

    If I make a mistake on the full size rides, I just wipe away with a cloth and white spirit. In miniature there's less room for error. All the models I painted were painted the same way as the real thing, using sign writing enamels and showman'a flamboyant enamels.

    The only advantage painting models was they take up less room.

    Over the years I've painted working scale model Carousels,Waltzers, Dodgems etc, including the transport too.

    Most of the models were dismantled in sections(just like the real rides) before being painted. The ones that are glued together were a nightmare.

    Last edited by rockabilly; 25-11-20 at 20:50.

  2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement
    Join Date
    Always
    Location
    Advertising world
    Posts
    Many

  3. #94727

    Default Re: The "I've just..." Thread

    Quote Originally Posted by Lefkasman View Post
    Why don't you do what I used to do and go for a curry at the Mogul e Azam Christmas day? Bunch of whimps.

    Sent from my M2003J15SC using Tapatalk
    You’ve just answered your own question there!


  4. #94728

    Default Re: The "I've just..." Thread

    Quote Originally Posted by Raymondo Ponte' View Post
    Bitta soft porn Wes??
    The mucky pup.


  5. #94729
    Massive Member
    Join Date
    May 2013
    Location
    On Tour
    Posts
    19,664

    Default Re: The "I've just..." Thread

    Quote Originally Posted by rockabilly View Post
    Painting in miniature is a balls ache. It took me longer to paint the models than it did to paint the real thing.

    If I make a mistake on the full size rides, I just wipe away with a cloth and white spirit. In miniature there's less room for error. All the models I painted were painted the same way as the real thing, using songwriting enamels and showman'a flamboyant enamels.

    The only advantage painting models was they take up less room.

    Over the years I've painted working scale model Carousels,Waltzers, Dodgems etc, including the transport too.

    Most of the models were dismantled in sections(just like the real rides) before being painted. The ones that are glued together were a nightmare.
    It's a real artform I admire mate. I have a model plane I'm yet to build as I've not got the bollocks to paint it.


  6. #94730
    oopsy daisy!
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    On a longship close by
    Posts
    18,446

    Default Re: The "I've just..." Thread

    Quote Originally Posted by rockabilly View Post
    Painting in miniature is a balls ache. It took me longer to paint the models than it did to paint the real thing.

    If I make a mistake on the full size rides, I just wipe away with a cloth and white spirit. In miniature there's less room for error. All the models I painted were painted the same way as the real thing, using sign writing enamels and showman'a flamboyant enamels.

    The only advantage painting models was they take up less room.

    Over the years I've painted working scale model Carousels,Waltzers, Dodgems etc, including the transport too.

    Most of the models were dismantled in sections(just like the real rides) before being painted. The ones that are glued together were a nightmare.
    Sounds like it takes a fair amount of time to do.


  7. #94731
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Location
    South Derbyshire.
    Posts
    14,600

    Default Re: The "I've just..." Thread

    Quote Originally Posted by Erik View Post
    Sounds like it takes a fair amount of time to do.
    Aye, but it can be Fun too


  8. #94732
    Red til I'm dead
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Location
    London
    Posts
    5,284

    Default Re: The "I've just..." Thread

    Quote Originally Posted by Flagman View Post
    Is it too soon to do the "He's handballed the bucket" jokes?
    Mara-goner


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk


  9. #94733
    Left Winger
    Join Date
    Dec 2003
    Location
    Lufthansa Business Lounge
    Posts
    89,356

    Default Re: The "I've just..." Thread

    One for Barry; Mercedes-Benz unveil a special-edition Actros truck to celebrate their recent Formula One succsss:

    https://drivetribe.com/p/mercedes-be...Ry2NKb2w0rbvOw

    I can see Eastwood‘s own hammer-fan trucking along in one of those.

    „I believe in socialism because it seems more humanitarian, rather than every man for himself and 'I'm alright jack' and all those arsehole businessmen with all the loot. I made up my mind from viewing society from that angle. That's where I'm from and there's where I've made my decisions from. That's why I believe in socialism“

    „Don't forget you're alive. 'Cause sometimes when you walk around the city and you're in a bad mood, you can think, hey, wait a minute, we're alive! We don't know what the next second will bring and what a fantastic thing this is. This can get easily forgotten in the routine of life, and that's something I'm trying to bring to my attention at all times. Don't forget you're alive. We're not dead, you know. This is the greatest thing.”

    — Joe Strummer

  10. #94734
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2015
    Location
    Fterno, Lefkada
    Posts
    12,983

    Default Re: The "I've just..." Thread

    Quote Originally Posted by Strummer View Post
    One for Barry; Mercedes-Benz unveil a special-edition Actros truck to celebrate their recent Formula One succsss:

    https://drivetribe.com/p/mercedes-be...Ry2NKb2w0rbvOw

    I can see Eastwood‘s own hammer-fan trucking along in one of those.
    Hope the new ones are better than the old ones. Hitler's revenge we used to call them.

    Sent from my M2003J15SC using Tapatalk


  11. #94735
    Left Winger
    Join Date
    Dec 2003
    Location
    Lufthansa Business Lounge
    Posts
    89,356

    Default Re: The "I've just..." Thread

    Quote Originally Posted by Lefkasman View Post
    Hope the new ones are better than the old ones. Hitler's revenge we used to call them.

    Sent from my M2003J15SC using Tapatalk
    For sure, the Führer used to love his Mercs’



    And yes, if you want to see one of those cars, there’s one in the Mercedes-Benz Museum in Stuttgart.


  12. #94736
    The Sun Always Shines On
    Join Date
    Jan 2020
    Location
    South London
    Posts
    4,477

    Default Re: The "I've just..." Thread

    You can tell that was pre indicator lights as he's having to indicate with his arm


  13. #94737
    Where's me hammer?
    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Posts
    51,980

    Default Re: The "I've just..." Thread

    Quote Originally Posted by Strummer View Post
    One for Barry; Mercedes-Benz unveil a special-edition Actros truck to celebrate their recent Formula One succsss:

    https://drivetribe.com/p/mercedes-be...Ry2NKb2w0rbvOw

    I can see Eastwood‘s own hammer-fan trucking along in one of those.
    Merc lorries are notoriously terrible.... only good thing on the new ones is the entertainment system is top notch and the cruise control in the class 2s will literally drive itself, bar the steering.

    Sent from my SM-A217F using Tapatalk


  14. #94738
    13th Duke of Wybourne
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    Hughton's Underpants
    Posts
    46,347

    Default Re: The "I've just..." Thread

    Quote Originally Posted by Harvey View Post
    You can tell that was pre indicator lights as he's having to indicate with his arm
    Indicating right, into Nojew lane just off Gassem road.

    "Ive only met Andy....last week actually and can confirm he is in 2nd place in sexiest fucker on here stakes." -Barry

  15. #94739

    Default Re: The "I've just..." Thread

    Quote Originally Posted by Harvey View Post
    You can tell that was pre indicator lights as he's having to indicate with his arm
    No that was the nazi salute


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk


  16. #94740
    Ale ape.
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    The Pub
    Posts
    30,016

    Default Re: The "I've just..." Thread

    Quote Originally Posted by Hughton,we have a problem View Post
    No that was the nazi salute
    ...and a steel cap boot...


  17. #94741
    The Sun Always Shines On
    Join Date
    Jan 2020
    Location
    South London
    Posts
    4,477

    Default Re: The "I've just..." Thread

    Quote Originally Posted by Hughton,we have a problem View Post
    No that was the nazi salute



  18. #94742
    axe to grind
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Location
    นนทบุรี
    Posts
    2,998

    Default Re: The "I've just..." Thread

    Quote Originally Posted by Carlos View Post
    It's a real artform I admire mate. I have a model plane I'm yet to build as I've not got the bollocks to paint it.
    I've got an Airfix 1:48 Spitfire Mk.V that Mrs B bought for my birthday years ago still in the box, I keep meaning to get round to doing. I want to make a good job of it but I've been looking at the models people make in Twitter threads and they're fantastic, the attention to detail is mind boggling. I feel a bit intimidated to start the spitfire.

    https://twitter.com/warbird_nerd?s=09


  19. #94743
    Massive Member
    Join Date
    May 2013
    Location
    On Tour
    Posts
    19,664

    Default Re: The "I've just..." Thread

    Quote Originally Posted by Buckaroo View Post
    I've got an Airfix 1:48 Spitfire Mk.V that Mrs B bought for my birthday years ago still in the box, I keep meaning to get round to doing. I want to make a good job of it but I've been looking at the models people make in Twitter threads and they're fantastic, the attention to detail is mind boggling. I feel a bit intimidated to start the spitfire.

    https://twitter.com/warbird_nerd?s=09
    I'm exactly the same mate. I have all of the correct tools to do it, I just don't want it to look like a 4 year old has had a go with it


  20. #94744
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Posts
    26,732

    Default Re: The "I've just..." Thread

    I just got a letter in the post from paypal about an old band account from about 6 years ago? Saying they are going to start charging inactive accounts. How does that work? Just close them you fuckers. Anyway, I managed to log in using a text code, and found there's £10 in there, score!


  21. #94745
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2015
    Location
    Fterno, Lefkada
    Posts
    12,983

    Default Re: The "I've just..." Thread

    Quote Originally Posted by adam09 View Post
    I just got a letter in the post from paypal about an old band account from about 6 years ago? Saying they are going to start charging inactive accounts. How does that work? Just close them you fuckers. Anyway, I managed to log in using a text code, and found there's £10 in there, score!
    I'm forever getting emails about PayPal. Mainly scams. I know this because they are written in English and you aren't allowed accounts in more than one country . My PayPal account is in Greek.

    Sent from my M2003J15SC using Tapatalk


  22. #94746
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Posts
    26,732

    Default Re: The "I've just..." Thread

    Yes, them and apple as well. If you click the senders email address at the top, it should show you the full email address and if it's clearly not from an official paypal or apple email domain, it is instantly deleted.


  23. #94747
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2015
    Location
    Fterno, Lefkada
    Posts
    12,983

    Default Re: The "I've just..." Thread

    Quote Originally Posted by adam09 View Post
    Yes, them and apple as well. If you click the senders email address at the top, it should show you the full email address and if it's clearly not from an official paypal or apple email domain, it is instantly deleted.
    I used to forward them on to their scam email address but it doesn't seem to stop them.

    Sent from my M2003J15SC using Tapatalk


  24. #94748
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Posts
    10,614

    Default Re: The "I've just..." Thread

    Me owd man bought a touring caravan last week so I was looking online at caravan accessories as crimbo pressie for him & his wife when I came across a special little stocking filler for me Dad

    Its a mug with a picture of a caravan & the slogan 'CARAVAN WANKER'

    Hope he likes it


 

 

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •