Welcome to the LTLF Forest Forum.
Page 3821 of 3833 FirstFirst ... 28213321372137713811381938203821382238233831 ... LastLast
Results 95,501 to 95,525 of 95818
  1. #95501
    Ale ape.
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    The Congo, deported by Priti Patel
    Posts
    32,874

    Default Re: The "I've just..." Thread

    ...put the bins out.

    Life is rock and roll at the moment. That will be the highlight of my morning.


  2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement
    Join Date
    Always
    Location
    Advertising world
    Posts
    Many

  3. #95502
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2015
    Location
    Fterno, Lefkada
    Posts
    14,090

    Default Re: The "I've just..." Thread

    Quote Originally Posted by Redemption View Post
    That violates Twitter's rules on threats of violence.

    They don't make a distinction for jokey or hyperbolic threats. Dont @me.
    When I used to deliver to RDC,s the worst ones nearly all had the big standard sign that read, our staff will not tolerate threats or personal abuse. Which basically gave them licence to talk to you and treat you like shit, if you said anything back you got banned from site.
    I'm all for treating folk respectfully but it works both ways. Some have a habit of using this excuse to wind folk up. There were a few in the housing department at Leicester who'd do the same. Talk down to tenants and when the tenant bit they'd put the phone down on them.

    Sent from my M2003J15SC using Tapatalk


  4. #95503
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2015
    Location
    Fterno, Lefkada
    Posts
    14,090

    Default Re: The "I've just..." Thread

    Quote Originally Posted by Tony Woodcock's LoveChild View Post
    ...just found out that my friend has been banned from Twitter for sending this to atNatWest_Help

    "If you don't hurry up and pay my mother's funeral invoice I'll be coming into the bank to slap you *****"
    I had to deal with the nat west when my Mam past away and even though you are allowed to sort this stuff your self they put every obstacle in my way until I got a solicitor involved which obviously costs. NAT West *****.

    Sent from my M2003J15SC using Tapatalk


  5. #95504
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2014
    Location
    out west
    Posts
    18,166

    Default Re: The "I've just..." Thread

    Quote Originally Posted by Lefkasman View Post
    When I used to deliver to RDC,s the worst ones nearly all had the big standard sign that read, our staff will not tolerate threats or personal abuse. Which basically gave them licence to talk to you and treat you like shit, if you said anything back you got banned from site.
    I'm all for treating folk respectfully but it works both ways. Some have a habit of using this excuse to wind folk up. There were a few in the housing department at Leicester who'd do the same. Talk down to tenants and when the tenant bit they'd put the phone down on them.

    Sent from my M2003J15SC using Tapatalk
    Quote Originally Posted by Lefkasman View Post
    I had to deal with the nat west when my Mam past away and even though you are allowed to sort this stuff your self they put every obstacle in my way until I got a solicitor involved which obviously costs. NAT West *****.

    Sent from my M2003J15SC using Tapatalk
    NatWests Social media probably don't issue threats of violence.

    So even if the bank is shit at doing the job - especially at a trying time like someone's passing - I don't really think that whataboutery is helpful.

    I'm all for using Social Media to shame corporates and their shit service. It's a good way of making them aware that customers and potential customers are watching.

    this is exactly how the current free-school-meal replacements scandal became a story. If the original Mum had posted "I'm gonna find the **** that packed my kid's lunch box and shove the tin of beans up their **** until they bleed to death" would have had the same traction.

    Last edited by Redemption; 14-01-21 at 11:27.
    EXACT SAME BENEFITS

  6. #95505
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2015
    Location
    Fterno, Lefkada
    Posts
    14,090

    Default Re: The "I've just..." Thread

    Quote Originally Posted by Redemption View Post
    NatWests Social media probably don't issue threats of violence.

    So even if the bank is shit at doing the job - especially at a trying time like someone's passing - I don't really think that whataboutery is helpful.

    I'm all for using Social Media to shame corporates and their shit service. It's a good way of making them aware that customers and potential customers are watching.

    this is exactly how the current free-school-meal replacements scandal became a story. If the original Mum had posted "I'm gonna find the **** that packed my kid's lunch box and shove the tin of beans up their **** until they bleed to death" would have had the same traction.
    That's why I got a solicitor involved. You probably find it impossible to talk to anyone at nat west's bereavement department, even via the internet because once you've filled the forms in that's you fucked and you just get the we are dealing with your request bollox.

    Sent from my M2003J15SC using Tapatalk


  7. #95506
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2015
    Location
    Fterno, Lefkada
    Posts
    14,090

    Default Re: The "I've just..." Thread

    Quote Originally Posted by Redemption View Post
    NatWests Social media probably don't issue threats of violence.

    So even if the bank is shit at doing the job - especially at a trying time like someone's passing - I don't really think that whataboutery is helpful.

    I'm all for using Social Media to shame corporates and their shit service. It's a good way of making them aware that customers and potential customers are watching.

    this is exactly how the current free-school-meal replacements scandal became a story. If the original Mum had posted "I'm gonna find the **** that packed my kid's lunch box and shove the tin of beans up their **** until they bleed to death" would have had the same traction.
    I reckon the free school meals got sorted because a high profile footballer got involved.
    I also think that both of us could find at least 6 companies each within half an hour who continually get shit reviews on the internet and continue to trade that way. These companies don't seem to give a shit what anyone writes about them on the internet and probably don't read the reviews anymore.
    I'm the sort if won the lottery I'd buy myself one of those muckspreaders and a tractor and be outside the offices of whoever's upset me having a great time.

    Sent from my M2003J15SC using Tapatalk


  8. #95507
    Red til I'm dead
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Location
    London
    Posts
    5,903

    Default Re: The "I've just..." Thread

    Quote Originally Posted by Lefkasman View Post
    I reckon the free school meals got sorted because a high profile footballer got involved.
    I also think that both of us could find at least 6 companies each within half an hour who continually get shit reviews on the internet and continue to trade that way. These companies don't seem to give a shit what anyone writes about them on the internet and probably don't read the reviews anymore.
    I'm the sort if won the lottery I'd buy myself one of those muckspreaders and a tractor and be outside the offices of whoever's upset me having a great time.

    Sent from my M2003J15SC using Tapatalk
    Energy companies spring to mind....

    Or Housing companies. Useless, charge ever-spiralling service charges because you have no choice apart from sell your flat. Yeah, One Housing Group Iím looking at you.


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk


  9. #95508
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2015
    Location
    Fterno, Lefkada
    Posts
    14,090

    Default Re: The "I've just..." Thread

    Quote Originally Posted by RealRed85 View Post
    Energy companies spring to mind....

    Or Housing companies. Useless, charge ever-spiralling service charges because you have no choice apart from sell your flat. Yeah, One Housing Group Iím looking at you.


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    I did read somewhere that the UK is the worst for that. They were supposed to be putting a stop to it but obviously not got around to it yet.

    Sent from my M2003J15SC using Tapatalk


  10. #95509
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Location
    South Derbyshire.
    Posts
    17,377

    Default Re: The "I've just..." Thread

    My brown 'Marlon Brando style' engineers boots arrived today. Reduced from £130 to £59.99p.

    Indigo straight legged jeans (not those trendy stretchy, skinny shite types) £10.

    Black 'Marlon Brando' motorcylce hat. £60.

    Skull style wallet chain £5.

    I've been spending my Xmas pennies.


  11. #95510
    Massive Member
    Join Date
    May 2013
    Location
    On Tour
    Posts
    24,069

    Default Re: The "I've just..." Thread

    Quote Originally Posted by rockabilly View Post
    My brown 'Marlon Brando style' engineers boots arrived today. Reduced from £130 to £59.99p.

    Indigo straight legged jeans (not those trendy stretchy, skinny shite types) £10.

    Black 'Marlon Brando' motorcylce hat. £60.

    Skull style wallet chain £5.

    I've been spending my Xmas pennies.
    Them boots sound like a right bargain mate!


  12. #95511
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Location
    South Derbyshire.
    Posts
    17,377

    Default Re: The "I've just..." Thread

    Quote Originally Posted by Carlos View Post
    Them boots sound like a right bargain mate!
    Aye, and they're a perfect fit too.

    When we get 'round to having a forum get together, I'll not need to introduce me sen, especially dressed in all that gear.


  13. #95512
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Posts
    11,340

    Default Re: The "I've just..." Thread

    Quote Originally Posted by Lefkasman View Post
    I reckon the free school meals got sorted because a high profile footballer got involved.
    I also think that both of us could find at least 6 companies each within half an hour who continually get shit reviews on the internet and continue to trade that way. These companies don't seem to give a shit what anyone writes about them on the internet and probably don't read the reviews anymore.
    I'm the sort if won the lottery I'd buy myself one of those muckspreaders and a tractor and be outside the offices of whoever's upset me having a great time.

    Sent from my M2003J15SC using Tapatalk
    It'd be like summat out of that film with that twat Michael Douglas where the traffic jam tips him over the edge


  14. #95513
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2014
    Location
    out west
    Posts
    18,166

    Default Re: The "I've just..." Thread

    Quote Originally Posted by Lefkasman View Post
    I reckon the free school meals got sorted because a high profile footballer got involved.
    he amplified the tweet from the mother and made it political - but it was doing the rounds because she worded it right.

    the point still stands.


  15. #95514
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2014
    Location
    out west
    Posts
    18,166

    Default Re: The "I've just..." Thread

    Quote Originally Posted by Eddie Yates View Post
    It'd be like summat out of that film with that twat Michael Douglas where the traffic jam tips him over the edge
    talking of Bill Foster, where is our favourite windsock?


  16. #95515
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2015
    Location
    Fterno, Lefkada
    Posts
    14,090

    Default Re: The "I've just..." Thread

    Quote Originally Posted by Redemption View Post
    he amplified the tweet from the mother and made it political - but it was doing the rounds because she worded it right.

    the point still stands.
    They'd get nowhere here you'd be lucky to find someone to answer an email. Banging on tables and shouting is the only way to get anything done.
    Do you think the likes of Mike Ashley or O Leary will change their ways by being shamed on social media?

    Sent from my M2003J15SC using Tapatalk

    Last edited by Lefkasman; 14-01-21 at 19:58.

  17. #95516
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2015
    Location
    Fterno, Lefkada
    Posts
    14,090

    Default Re: The "I've just..." Thread

    [QUOTE=Redemption;3320528]NatWests Social media probably don't issue threats of violence.

    ? Where did I say they did.

    Sent from my M2003J15SC using Tapatalk


  18. #95517
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Location
    Shakey Wakey/Leeds Border
    Posts
    20,255

    Default Re: The "I've just..." Thread

    Quote Originally Posted by Redemption View Post
    talking of Bill Foster, where is our favourite windsock?
    I miss Bazza , I hope he is ok


    Sent from my SM-A600FN using Tapatalk


  19. #95518
    Massive Member
    Join Date
    May 2013
    Location
    On Tour
    Posts
    24,069

    Default Re: The "I've just..." Thread

    Quote Originally Posted by lard View Post
    I miss Bazza , I hope he is ok


    Sent from my SM-A600FN using Tapatalk
    Me too. I hope he's doing well and just laying low for a bit during the shit storm.


  20. #95519
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2015
    Location
    Fterno, Lefkada
    Posts
    14,090

    Default Re: The "I've just..." Thread

    Quote Originally Posted by Carlos View Post
    Me too. I hope he's doing well and just laying low for a bit during the shit storm.
    Doesn't usually go walkabout for this long.

    Sent from my M2003J15SC using Tapatalk


  21. #95520
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    In the bath
    Posts
    7,372

    Default Re: The "I've just..." Thread

    Quote Originally Posted by rockabilly View Post
    Aye, and they're a perfect fit too.

    When we get 'round to having a forum get together, I'll not need to introduce me sen, especially dressed in all that gear.
    When is the Thunderbird 6T turning up?

    Sent from my ONEPLUS A3003 using Tapatalk


  22. #95521
    Senior doom Monger
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Location
    Vale of Belvoir
    Posts
    22,714

    Default Re: The "I've just..." Thread

    This thread was started in September 2006 by Jonno.
    This has made me reflect a bit.
    What was I doing in September 2006.
    And whether Jonno is still posting on here.
    Even whether Jonno is still alive!
    September 2006 was a bad time for me personally.
    My 2nd long term relationship came to an end and I was living in a rented 1 bed room hovel.
    My job was a bitch, but my brother helped pull me through and I started to feel positive about things.
    Jonno, if you are still there in Forum land, I hope life is good.


  23. #95522
    Ale ape.
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    The Congo, deported by Priti Patel
    Posts
    32,874

    Default Re: The "I've just..." Thread

    Quote Originally Posted by Captain Sinister View Post
    This thread was started in September 2006 by Jonno.
    This has made me reflect a bit.
    What was I doing in September 2006.
    And whether Jonno is still posting on here.
    Even whether Jonno is still alive!
    September 2006 was a bad time for me personally.
    My 2nd long term relationship came to an end and I was living in a rented 1 bed room hovel.
    My job was a bitch, but my brother helped pull me through and I started to feel positive about things.
    Jonno, if you are still there in Forum land, I hope life is good.
    Assuming I'm not getting Forum user names mixed up with their real life names (which is entirely likely as I've been around long enough to see a huge number of names) - I believe Jonno is still around and posting lots of happy family life pictures on Instagram.

    Last edited by congo_red; 15-01-21 at 09:55.

  24. #95523
    The Foam Hand
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Location
    Curry House
    Posts
    31,540

    Default Re: The "I've just..." Thread

    Just lost six consecutive games of dominoes to my missus. Clearly not very good at it, but I did beat her at Black Jack.


  25. #95524
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Location
    Shakey Wakey/Leeds Border
    Posts
    20,255

    Default Re: The "I've just..." Thread

    Quote Originally Posted by Bryn Gunn View Post
    Just lost six consecutive games of dominoes to my missus. Clearly not very good at it, but I did beat her at Black Jack.
    I am surprised you are allowed to call it Blackjack in 2021 , Did you both play on one knee ?

    Sent from my SM-A600FN using Tapatalk


  26. #95525
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Posts
    11,340

    Default Re: The "I've just..." Thread

    Quote Originally Posted by Bryn Gunn View Post
    Just lost six consecutive games of dominoes to my missus. Clearly not very good at it, but I did beat her at Black Jack.
    For a second I read that as "I beat her black & blue" which I think would've been a bit harsh over a game of dominoes


 

 

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •