Welcome to the LTLF Forest Forum.
Page 437 of 437 FirstFirst ... 337387427435436437
Results 10,901 to 10,909 of 10909

Thread: The Triffic Premier League as it 'appens Thread

Default Re: The Triffic Premier League as it 'appens Thread

Quote Originally Posted by Ravi View Post
    Leeds v Villa looks like a chess match.

For wearing a wanky black kit when their traditional colours would have been fine Villa deserve to lose. Winning currently sadly.
    Is El Ghazi playing? Still on my wish list.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

Upper Decker

Quote Originally Posted by GreeksBearingGifts View Post
    Is El Ghazi playing? Still on my wish list.
    Yes, he scored.

Stand Firm And Strike Hard

Still had a couple of hours on my Now TV day pass so watched Leeds v Villa.

Pity Cash was out injured, and Bamford hardly got a look in.

Villa scored early and stifled Leeds very efficiently, but it was hardly any better quality than you'd expect in the championship.

Quicker, I suppose, and one dreadful bit of playacting from each side.

Pleased to find that Villa have a player called Marvellous Nakamba.

Quote Originally Posted by ubik View Post

Villa scored early and stifled Leeds very efficiently, but it was hardly any better quality than you'd expect in the championship.

I've never bothered with the day passes.

If you go to something like skysports and follow the nowtv link there you can usually get a month pass heavily discounted if you don't already have a pass - usually about £15/20.

Then what you do is just before its due to expire (and go up to full price which is a lot of money) then go into your passes and cancel it. Nowtv often then gives you a discount for a few months (last time they gave me 3months at 20 each). If not cancel it and repeat when you need a pass again.

We seem to be on sky a fair amount and I don't really watch much else on it so I tend to just keep month passes ticking over (unless they don't offer me a renewal discount in which case I"ll renew when I need it) and other than just watching PL games if I"m not doing anything else... There's rarely tennis on it and most of the ATP tour is on Prime which I pay for anyway so there's not much point really.

So right now they are offering

I'm currently getting this:

Massive Member

Quote Originally Posted by Statto View Post
    So right now they are offering

I'm currently getting this:
    Pity it's not below 18 mate! That would be a bargain.

Quote Originally Posted by ubik View Post

I watched a bit of match after rugby had finished. McGinn- who I rate, and now a stocky, well build player, went down clutching his face-replays showed no contact! There was endless diving, over reactions, simulations, crowding refs etc. This is practiced throughout football though, I include forest in this. Football is becoming an embarrassment- almost scripted when certain situations are given as foul, such defender running towards own goal n striker makes slight contact or if player is fouled n grabs ball-Yates n knockheart! Football needs a reset-yes safety of players needs to be considered but also thatís itís a physical contact sport.

Yep, it's part of Knockaert's routine to dive and then grab the ball. As if to say "that's so clear cut I don't need to wait for the whistle". Does it every game. Actually two different yellow card offences there without pause for breath.

There's a whole culture of acceptance of it in football now that would have to change before anything is done.

There was an incident in the first half of that game when Llorente was writhing around on the floor like Neymar after a challenge from Watkins. Watkins, unimpressed, forcibly tried to help him up. Llorente sprung up, forgetting he was hurt and faced up to Watkins. Both players got a talking to.

I don't remember who the co-commentator was but he didn't like Llorente's cheating. He criticised the player and then praised the ref for his handling of the situation saying no yellow card offence had been committed.

What about Llorente? Is there no rule under which a player feigning injury in attempt to get an opponent booked can be cautioned themselves? And how are we at a point where commentators are pointing out blatant cheating whilst at the same time saying they are happy the player isn't punished for it? But that's where football is currently. Media, ex-players, fans accept this as part of the game. It's hard to see it improving.

Last edited by Francis Benali (on loan); Today at 01:32.

I don't watch NBA basketball but I believe they have a rule called "flopping." This is where a player intentionally falls or staggers after a contact in order to deceive the officials to gain an advantage. It is considered a
    technical foul and judged non-unsportsmanlike and can be punished at the time of the occurrence or after. Football should consider a similar type of ruling.