Welcome to the LTLF Forest Forum.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Norwich Fan in Peace!

Default Norwich Fan in Peace!

Hi everyone!

Just seen that you have signed Daniel Ayala from us for the season and are after Elliot Ward. Thought I would just give you an idea of how they have performed for us. Ayala is very comfortable on the ball and likes to play the ball out from the back which will suit how O'Driscoll will get you guys playing. However, he is very slow and dives into tackles far too often instead of standing players up. This resulted in him giving away several penalties in his 10 appearances for us last season. He has got plenty of potential and I really hope he does well but he is very injury prone! He was on the end of two normal challenges last season and got injured twice which kept him out for ages. I personally think he has been loaned out for the season to see if he can with stain the demands of a full season without getting injured.

As for Ward I am really hoping you do take him off our hands! He is also slow, lacks concentration and is a liability. When we first signed him he was awful but during the promotion season he seemed to grow in confidence before getting injured. He definitely isn't a Premier League defender.

Hope this gives you an idea of what you are signing! Good luck for the season!

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

TheDude

A pair of duds by the sounds of it

Default Re: Norwich Fan in Peace!

So long the dud hasn't cost us too much, or commit is to much expense. Unlikes Miller...

Quote Originally Posted by Canaries View Post
    However, he is very slow and dives into tackles far too often instead of standing players up. This resulted in him giving away several penalties in his 10 appearances for us last season
    I guess the big difference though is that last season he was playing in the Prem whereas this season he's in the Championship and there is a big difference. Although we beat Villa on Saturday I always think that you can tell the difference between Prem and Championship players!!

Banned

thanks for nothing

Ooops...

A pair of pols...

Banned

Thought he's been good from what I've seen of him

If we only sign a pair of duds this close season then we're already up on last year.....and we've got rid of Chambers too!

It's all about mid-table...

Canaries has put a right downer on the day.

TheDude

Right smug lot lately

Upper Decker

He was playing in the league above last season. He only needs to be top six Championship standard this coming season.

ayala for chambers, good deal

Sheepshaggers at work have grudgingly said he was decent when I asked them a few days ago about him.

Hes still young. Im glad we've got him.

In Sean we trust!

From what I've seen of him Ayala is very good at winning whatever is crossed into the box, just what we need since losing Wes. We are only lacking some speed at the back now.

Several Norwich lads I've seen post elsewhere have said he [Ayala] is good enough for the Premiership and they cannot understand why he's been let go to us, even on loan.

I'm getting increasingly excited for the upcoming season now.

Now for Michael Owen to sign and we're set...

Hi all, been a regular reader for 5+ years but this is my first post so be nice!

Living in Norwich been a Forest fan all my life (26 years now!) thought I should share the comments of my Norwich supporting friends.
    Some have said he is the best defender they have on their books and cannot understand why they are letting him out on loan, and the rest are just unhappy they are letting him go. He has been plagued by injuries but if he is given the chance of regular football he could be outstanding!

Lets hope they are right!

COYR

[QUOTE=Canaries;1550206]Hi everyone!

Just seen that you have signed Grant Holt from us for the season. Thought I would just give you an idea of how they have performed for us. Holt is very comfortable on the ball and likes to play the ball out of play when shooting the back which will get your ball boys playing. However, he is very slow and dives far too often instead of standing players up. This resulted in him giving away several free kicks in his 10 appearances for us last season. He has got plenty of potential and I really hope he does well but he is very injury prone! He was on the end of two normal challenges last season and got injured twice which kept him out for ages. I personally think he has been loaned out for the season to see if he can with stain the demands of a full season without getting injured.

We could have written this to you, then he scored fuckin loads. You never know.

Now fuck off ploughing that field.

[QUOTE=Keysie;1550505]
    Hi everyone!

Just seen that you have signed Grant Holt from us for the season. Thought I would just give you an idea of how they have performed for us. Holt is very comfortable on the ball and likes to play the ball out of play when shooting the back which will get your ball boys playing. However, he is very slow and dives far too often instead of standing players up. This resulted in him giving away several free kicks in his 10 appearances for us last season. He has got plenty of potential and I really hope he does well but he is very injury prone! He was on the end of two normal challenges last season and got injured twice which kept him out for ages. I personally think he has been loaned out for the season to see if he can with stain the demands of a full season without getting injured.

We could have written this to you, then he scored fuckin loads. You never know.

Now fuck off ploughing that field.
    not written correctly sorry but i guess you get the point

Like I said Ayala has got plenty of potential, I never said he is a bad player! I'll leave that for Ward! I hope Ayala has a great season and comes back to us next season even better! I was only saying that he is injury prone and slow. Ward has been left out of our squad tonight so there could be something happening.

All Should Aspire...

Like I said Ayala has got plenty of potential, I never said he is a bad player! I'll leave that for Ward! I hope Ayala has a great season and comes back to us next season even better! I was only saying that he is injury prone and slow. Ward has been left out of our squad tonight so there could be something happening.
    I wasn't aware Ward was linked with us, where's your source?

Red til I'm dead

Very happy with Ayala, dont rate Ward. SOD has had him before at Donny though and he thinks hes a bit of a ball-playing centre-half so might be something in the rumours.

Hopefully not.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by The Standard View Post
    I wasn't aware Ward was linked with us, where's your source?
    http://www1.skysports.com/football/n...oll-wants-Ward

Hi everyone!

Just seen that you have signed Daniel Ayala from us for the season and are after Elliot Ward. Thought I would just give you an idea of how they have performed for us. Ayala is very comfortable on the ball and likes to play the ball out from the back which will suit how O'Driscoll will get you guys playing. However, he is very slow and dives into tackles far too often instead of standing players up. This resulted in him giving away several penalties in his 10 appearances for us last season. He has got plenty of potential and I really hope he does well but he is very injury prone! He was on the end of two normal challenges last season and got injured twice which kept him out for ages. I personally think he has been loaned out for the season to see if he can with stain the demands of a full season without getting injured.

As for Ward I am really hoping you do take him off our hands! He is also slow, lacks concentration and is a liability. When we first signed him he was awful but during the promotion season he seemed to grow in confidence before getting injured. He definitely isn't a Premier League defender.

Hope this gives you an idea of what you are signing! Good luck for the season!
    Thanks for that.

We'd have told you Grant Holt was shite when you signed him too.