Welcome to the LTLF Forest Forum.
Page 1147 of 1176 FirstFirst ... 147647104710971137114511461147114811491157 ... LastLast
Results 28,651 to 28,675 of 29400
  1. #28651
    Viv Anderson
    Join Date
    Mar 2004
    Location
    My house
    Posts
    13,605

    Default Re: A week in politics

    Quote Originally Posted by MaxiRobriguez View Post
    Breeding animals for the Bullingdon lot to fuck in a few years time.
    When that's what Tory women look like, it's no wonder they fuck pigs.

    Sent from my SM-A426B using Tapatalk


  2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement
    Join Date
    Always
    Location
    Advertising world
    Posts
    Many

  3. #28652
    Ian Storey-Moore
    Join Date
    Oct 2018
    Location
    Cotgrave
    Posts
    2,863

    Default Re: A week in politics

    Quote Originally Posted by OK SpidermAndy! View Post
    I did have to laugh at "liztruss.jpg"


  4. #28653
    Where's me hammer?
    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Posts
    52,724

    Default Re: A week in politics

    https://youtu.be/cX8szNPgrEs

    Fits quite well if you ask me


  5. #28654
    Matchday Squad
    Join Date
    Oct 2020
    Posts
    1,903

    Default Re: A week in politics

    Quote Originally Posted by Barry View Post
    https://youtu.be/cX8szNPgrEs

    Fits quite well if you ask me
    Whoever sang “if you tolerate Rix , then your children will be next “ to Arsenal just after he was nicked are going to hell


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk


  6. #28655
    LTLF Legend
    Join Date
    Dec 2003
    Location
    Lufthansa Business Lounge
    Posts
    100,649

    Default Re: A week in politics

    Congratulations to the new Republic of Barbados, who after 396 years of colonialism, have ditched the British monarchy and become their own self-governing republic.

    „I believe in socialism because it seems more humanitarian, rather than every man for himself and 'I'm alright jack' and all those arsehole businessmen with all the loot. I made up my mind from viewing society from that angle. That's where I'm from and there's where I've made my decisions from. That's why I believe in socialism“

    „Don't forget you're alive. 'Cause sometimes when you walk around the city and you're in a bad mood, you can think, hey, wait a minute, we're alive! We don't know what the next second will bring and what a fantastic thing this is. This can get easily forgotten in the routine of life, and that's something I'm trying to bring to my attention at all times. Don't forget you're alive. We're not dead, you know. This is the greatest thing.”

    — Joe Strummer

  7. #28656
    13th Duke of Wybourne
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    knee deep in clunge
    Posts
    49,220

    Default Re: A week in politics

    Quote Originally Posted by Strummer View Post
    Congratulations to the new Republic of Barbados, who after 396 years of colonialism, have ditched the British monarchy and become their own self-governing republic.
    Can we be next, please?

    "Ive only met Andy....last week actually and can confirm he is in 2nd place in sexiest fucker on here stakes." -Barry

  8. #28657
    Viv Anderson
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Location
    JLB Credit
    Posts
    10,990

    Default Re: A week in politics

    Good for them. I'd imagine they will be far from alone when the Queen dies.

    Sent from my SM-G960F using Tapatalk


  9. #28658
    Formerly Gandalfthered
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Location
    Mansfield
    Posts
    6,135

    Default Re: A week in politics

    Hopefully we will be next!


  10. #28659
    Youth Team
    Join Date
    Dec 2016
    Posts
    121

    Default Re: A week in politics

    Boris Johnson did not deny that a “boozy” Christmas party was held in Number 10 during the lockdown but insisted that no rules were broken.

    The Prime Minister was accused by Sir Keir Starmer of “taking the British public for fools” as the Labour leader insisted that any festive event would have been against the rules that applied in 2020.

    Sigh.


  11. #28660
    Impressive member
    Join Date
    Jul 2013
    Location
    Arkham Asylum
    Posts
    15,576

    Default Re: A week in politics

    Surely nobody by now is surprised by Johnson's behaviour? What's more surprising are those fools still defending him. And, let's be clear here - NOT ALL MPs ARE THIS BAD, not even the ones in his own party (and that's saying something).

    Sent from my SM-A920F using Tapatalk


  12. #28661
    First Team
    Join Date
    Oct 2004
    Location
    Getting High
    Posts
    8,663

    Default Re: A week in politics

    Quote Originally Posted by Ilson View Post
    Boris Johnson did not deny that a “boozy” Christmas party was held in Number 10 during the lockdown but insisted that no rules were broken.

    The Prime Minister was accused by Sir Keir Starmer of “taking the British public for fools” as the Labour leader insisted that any festive event would have been against the rules that applied in 2020.

    Sigh.
    Strikes me this is a rehash of the previous one of them having the visitor round, which I think it was decided that broadly whilst it was against the rules for them to have someone round, it may well have been possibly swerved by the support bubble exception.

    Really there is absolutely no excuse for a "party" of any size (given that bubbles only allow 1 single person to join 1 household) under either Tier 3 or 4 restrictions, depending on when the party was, as I think T3 restrictions banned indoor mixing in homes and basically shut hospitality too by that point.

    Starmer is a barrister after all, so he is probably entirely correct on this one.

    Given that Johnson is now expecting people to go back to wearing face nappies and also for jabbed people to isolate in the event of Omicron exposure (both measures I do support, reluctantly, but also which he did assure he would try not to reintroduce) surely is going to cause erosion of public support for measures when he is showing unwilling to wear them - such as him being seen unmasked in a hospital where it has still been a legal requirement. Really he has to resign if that is true.

    It also seems that - though I still believe this is just a technicality - the isolation rule change expires in March with the rest of the coronavirus act. A long 3 weeks.


  13. #28662
    Matchday Squad
    Join Date
    Oct 2020
    Posts
    1,903

    Default Re: A week in politics

    Quote Originally Posted by Statto View Post
    o wearing face nappies .

    Twat


  14. #28663
    Nigel Clough
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Location
    Chilwell (The posh end of Beeston)
    Posts
    5,009

    Default Re: A week in politics

    Quote Originally Posted by Hughton,we have a problem View Post
    Twat
    Maybe he thinks of them as nappies because of the shit that comes out of his mouth?


  15. #28664
    13th Duke of Wybourne
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    knee deep in clunge
    Posts
    49,220

    Default Re: A week in politics

    Quote Originally Posted by Rigler View Post
    Maybe he thinks of them as nappies because of the shit that comes out of his mouth?
    He needs finger nappies too, then


  16. #28665
    13th Duke of Wybourne
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    knee deep in clunge
    Posts
    49,220

    Default Re: A week in politics

    Also, it's not fucking hard, is it? Just stick a mask on to go in the shop. Does it even matter if you think they don't work or you're not bothered about getting it.
    I've had people on my TL complaining about having to wear masks in shops, the same people moan when they have to take their bike helmet off at petrol pumps and shops, bellends.
    For most people it's not about anything but being selfish, mardy bastards, have some fucking respect for other people, the least it does is keep your shirty breath off me.


  17. #28666
    LTLF Legend
    Join Date
    Dec 2003
    Location
    Lufthansa Business Lounge
    Posts
    100,649

    Default Re: A week in politics

    Baden-Württemberg has reimplemented the „3G“ mandate for all public transport and all interior public spaces.

    That means you must be vaccinated (fully), or infected-and-recovered (at least 28 days, verified by an antibody test), or tested negative (48-hours for PCR or 24-hours for Lateral Flow).

    Spot-checks are in place at stations and one trams, buses and trains, as well as in shops. Many shops now insist you scan your QR code from the CoronaWarn or Luca apps (which record your „3G“ status) before letting you in.

    Masks are of course mandatory everywhere, but that has been the case for over a year.

    „Home Office“ is again now mandatory, unless you have a damn good reason to visit your workplace (and to do so, you must prove your „3G“ status to your employer).

    There are again significant vaccination drives to get those yet unvaccinated to take their first and second jabs, as well as boosters (3 months after your second jab) for everyone else. Those who are older or have immunity-suppressing conditions are prioritised, but anyone over-18 can get themselves jabbed, there’s also a program for children over-12 to be inoculated (a new program for those aged 5-12 is coming before Christmas).

    The numbers being admitted to Intensive Care is rising, and the huge majority of these are unvaccinated adults.

    Outgoing health minister Jens Spahn has spoken in favour of mandatory vaccination unless you have a medical exemption (similar to the way Austria has demanded that) and this position also has support from the new incoming government.

    As far as Germany is concerned, shit‘s got real, again.


  18. #28667
    Where's me hammer?
    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Posts
    52,724

    Default Re: A week in politics

    Twice now I've got to the shop car park and realised I ain't got a mask.... first time I didn't even know we had to wear them again such is my lack of interest in anything news related. Its kind of a catch 22 situation as I need to go in the shop to buy a mask but you can't go in because you ain't got a mask.

    Last edited by Barry; 02-12-21 at 11:14.

  19. #28668
    13th Duke of Wybourne
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    knee deep in clunge
    Posts
    49,220

    Default Re: A week in politics

    Jacob Sleaze-Mogg


  20. #28669
    First Team
    Join Date
    Oct 2004
    Location
    Getting High
    Posts
    8,663

    Default Re: A week in politics

    Quote Originally Posted by OK SpidermAndy! View Post
    Also, it's not fucking hard, is it? Just stick a mask on to go in the shop. Does it even matter if you think they don't work or you're not bothered about getting it.
    I've had people on my TL complaining about having to wear masks in shops, the same people moan when they have to take their bike helmet off at petrol pumps and shops, bellends.
    For most people it's not about anything but being selfish, mardy bastards, have some fucking respect for other people, the least it does is keep your shirty breath off me.
    I'm not complaining about it. Far from it, I think we need to be cautious until we know Omicron isn't going to be a concern - which is my suspicion, given what people have said.

    To be honest it's getting somewhat tiresome that those who set rules for others don't give a fuck about following them, which was my real point.

    As for that term, well, actually, I guess they do serve a similar purpose. South Park did it in the pandemic special with the US equivalent. It was just intended as a bit of a laugh really.


  21. #28670
    13th Duke of Wybourne
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    knee deep in clunge
    Posts
    49,220

    Default Re: A week in politics

    Quote Originally Posted by Statto View Post
    I'm not complaining about it. Far from it, I think we need to be cautious until we know Omicron isn't going to be a concern - which is my suspicion, given what people have said.

    To be honest it's getting somewhat tiresome that those who set rules for others don't give a fuck about following them, which was my real point.

    As for that term, well, actually, I guess they do serve a similar purpose. South Park did it in the pandemic special with the US equivalent. It was just intended as a bit of a laugh really.
    That post wasn't aimed specifically at you, more people who cry because of masks, like they're this evil conspiracy theory. Its a bit of fabric ffs.

    I too, think the government are shambolic, however, the way they've jumped on this, for me is better than the mindless meandering of March 2020.

    I understand people are scared of new vaccines and I'd never mandate them, you might be left out if events etc without one but it should be your choice, I just don't understand anti-maskers or those who refuse to do a test.


  22. #28671
    First Team
    Join Date
    Oct 2004
    Location
    Getting High
    Posts
    8,663

    Default Re: A week in politics

    Quote Originally Posted by OK SpidermAndy! View Post
    That post wasn't aimed specifically at you, more people who cry because of masks, like they're this evil conspiracy theory. Its a bit of fabric ffs.

    I too, think the government are shambolic, however, the way they've jumped on this, for me is better than the mindless meandering of March 2020.

    I understand people are scared of new vaccines and I'd never mandate them, you might be left out if events etc without one but it should be your choice, I just don't understand anti-maskers or those who refuse to do a test.
    I wouldn't describe myself as an "anti-masker" but in reality I don't see that they have a huge effect (whilst they do, it's overstated and overused).

    I noticed Piers Corbyn was making an analogy with farting and masks, whilst that's fundamentally flawed, there is a point that a bit of cloth or paper isn't going to offer surgical protection, and isn't going to work when people don't use it right.

    So the general science with masks - or more precisely, covering your face - is that it helps reduce the amount of virus you may emit into the surroundings, in the event you have the virus and don't realise this.

    With Omicron, the symptoms (if any) appear to be much milder, and much less specific, but we have no idea at all what the longer term issues are, is this going to result in hospital admissions, how much does it evade vaccines etc. In that context anything which quickly slows it down is totally sensible. And as I did say on other threads it is good to see they are taking targeted action quickly.

    To be honest it does piss me off that we have to wear "face nappies" in shops again but it's a necessary evil whilst more extensive fact finding is done.

    But in general, mass masking, testing of people who aren't ill, should really be avoided where it is possible. So I kind of see their point but know that now isn't the time as a seemingly well person can put someone else in hospital. (Also note that usually I've been clear about the clinical distinction between a case - someone who has symptoms - and a positive test)


  23. #28672
    13th Duke of Wybourne
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    knee deep in clunge
    Posts
    49,220

    Default Re: A week in politics

    But masks do work, they stop people emitting as much shit*. It's why surgeons wear them, not to protect themselves but stop them breathing shit onto and into patients, same with gloves.

    The whole "virus is smaller than the holes" argument is nonsensical too, no one emits a "pure" virus, you cough out droplets that contain it, these droplets are mostly bigger than the holes.

    *even if it's only 1% something is better than nothing.

    Facebook science does my head in.


  24. #28673
    Ian Storey-Moore
    Join Date
    Oct 2018
    Location
    Cotgrave
    Posts
    2,863

    Default Re: A week in politics

    How can masks be necessary in a shop but not in a pub? Or on a bus but not at a football match?

    Answers on a postcard.


  25. #28674
    13th Duke of Wybourne
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    knee deep in clunge
    Posts
    49,220

    Default Re: A week in politics

    Why does it piss you off that you have to wear a mask? Is you life so easy that a bit of fabric throws your aura out of whack?

    Does needing a passport to board a plane piss you off? Or, having ID to get in a pub?


  26. #28675
    Ian Storey-Moore
    Join Date
    Oct 2018
    Location
    Cotgrave
    Posts
    2,863

    Default Re: A week in politics

    Quote Originally Posted by OK SpidermAndy! View Post
    Why does it piss you off that you have to wear a mask? Is you life so easy that a bit of fabric throws your aura out of whack?

    Does needing a passport to board a plane piss you off? Or, having ID to get in a pub?
    Is this directed at me?


 

 

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •