Welcome to the LTLF Forest Forum.

View Poll Results: Who should be the on-field NFFC captain when Brecks is absent?

Voters
100. You may not vote on this poll
  • Paul Smith

2 2.00%
  • James Perch

7 7.00%
  • Luke Chambers

1 1.00%
  • Wes Morgan

7 7.00%
  • Kelvin Wilson

7 7.00%
  • Julian Bennett (when fit)

8 8.00%
  • Guy Moussi (when fit)

0 0%
  • Lewis McGugan

2 2.00%
  • Matt Thornhill

1 1.00%
  • Chris Cohen

49 49.00%
  • Arron Davies

0 0%
  • Garath McCleary

0 0%
  • Joe Garner

0 0%
  • Nathan Tyson

0 0%
  • Robert Earnshaw

3 3.00%
  • Nottingham Ebby from Duisberg

8 8.00%
  • Glen (ofcourse!)

5 5.00%
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: On-field Captain?

Default On-field Captain?

With the growing supporter unrest regarding Kelvin Wilson's performances for the club, it should be time for CC to strip him of the armband when IB is not playing.. the question is.. who should get it and why?

(Note: no loanee's included)

Similar Threads:

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

Default Re: On-field Captain?

Chris Cohen - work rate second to none, and whilst he is still young, I think he is quite worthy of the armband.

Rice IV

Paul Smith.

Best player in the squad.

Talk to me, Goose.

#FindElaine

Ebby

Please donate to my #MPCC14 JustGiving page @ Justgiving.com/FindElaine

Brian Rice because he's the one.

Living the dream

Someone that would play every game if injury/suspension free.

Ale ape.

None of the above!

I know we have to have a captain, but none of these options represent everything we should have *in a captain.

Paul Smith - Not a vocal leader on the pitch and often backs down into his shell when confronted by others.
    James Perch - Again, not a natural leader. Sometimes shows a good example, but has been known to be anonymous in some games
    Luke Chambers - Possibly the most natural leader in the back four and has experience of being captain, but not an automatic choice and, given the criticism he's got this season, does not need the extra pressure at this stage.
    Wes Morgan - Leads by example, but again, is getting enough criticism without the armband. Again, not a leader and is happy to be told what to do by Brecks and/or Wilson.
    Kelvin Wilson - Does not have a captains attitude. Is our most vocal player, but is always admonishing. Never hear him praising his team-mates.
    Julian Bennett - A natural leader, but at this stage of his career lacks the maturity and discipline to set a good example to his team-mates.
    Guy Moussi - Is only just mastering English and adapting to the game. Hasn't shown any leadership capability at this stage.
    Lewis McGugan - Not mature enough at this stage. Gets on with his own game, not a natural leader.
    Matt Thornhill - Not likely to be in the team and naturally quiet.
    Chris Cohen - A mature player and a good professional. Sets a good example, but doesn't really talk enough.
    Arron Davies - Displays no leadeship attributes whatsoever.
    Garath McCleary - Not a leader, needs to concentrate on his own game.
    Joe Garner - Could be a good outside bet actually. His performance against Derby was gritty, determined and vocal. Needs time to settle in and mature
    Nathan Tyson - Again, no leadership qualities here and doesn't always set a good example to his team-mates.
    Robert Earnshaw - ASlleged off-field problems at Derby probably rule him out. Not a leader.

Long Serving Member

I went for Earnshaw.

Feel he really gives players confidence and I feel the younger players really look up to him.

I would have gone for Cohen but I feel it would affect his performances, which we really don't need to do as he has been quality at just about every game this season.

Earnie for skipper!

I have to agree with you The Congo Red.
    Without Brecks we do not have a natural leader in the squad.
    Cohen, Perch and Chambers all have the potential to become captain, but lacks maturity and experience.

Hopefully we'll bring in a "leader" in the January transfer window.
    And Lee Camp, of course!

Ale ape.

Quote Originally Posted by JtheNorwegianRed
    I have to agree with you The Congo Red.
    Without Brecks we do not have a natural leader in the squad.
    Cohen, Perch and Chambers do all have the potential to become captain, but lacks maturity and experience.

Hopefully we'll bring in a "leader" in the January transfer window.
    And Lee Camp, of course!
    Mutually agreed! I think it's one of the biggest problems we face this season. We're desperate for someone to step up and be a leader, but the likes of Cohen, Perch and Morgan I don't think have the personality to seize that role.

Quote Originally Posted by The Congo Red
    Chris Cohen - A mature player and a good professional. Sets a good example, but doesn't really talk enough.
    Doesn't talk enough?* Did you not hear his interview on Radio Nottingham, the boy didn't shut up.* That was a point I made to him in town on Saturday night, where incidentally, he seemed to be leading the rest of the team on a bender very well.

Cohen for captain.

Ale ape.

Quote Originally Posted by DapperDan
    Doesn't talk enough?* Did you not hear his interview on Radio Nottingham, the boy didn't shut up.* That was a point I made to him in town on Saturday night, where incidentally, he seemed to be leading the rest of the team on a bender very well.
    I was referring to on the field...he seems to keep his head down and concentrate on his own game.

I'm not sure if leading the team on a bender is the best reccomendation for a potential captain!

Maybe in a few years time but now , Cohen should be concentrating on his own game because he's still inexperienced and learning.

There's nobody really suitable at the moment. If Fletcher is signed , maybe he might be captain.* He's vastly experienced , a welsh international who has over 30 caps and a former captain of palace.

To everyone who is saying such and such is not a natural leader, or so and so doesn't talk enough...

David Beckham is the best example of how the chicken can come after the egg. He wasn't a natural leader and wasn't known as a vocal presence on the pitch...until he became England captain. He grew into the role.

I personally would go for Cohen. He's a consistent performer and would lead by example in that respect and I also have no doubts that, with that bit of faith invested in him, he would grow in influence on the pitch.

He's the perfect candidate...the best player we have, the hardest worker we have and he's at an age now where his footballing "personality" is beginning to take shape. Give him the armband.

The captain has to be very vocal, giving out encouragement and most importantly, ORGANISING his team.

The only ones on that last I can see that are fairly vocal are Chambers and Smith (and Lee Camp). *But, unless the keeper is a gobby fucker like Schmeichael, it's unlikely the midfield will hear him, so I'd prefer it was a defender or central midfielder.

Yes, Cohen is a great example to others, but he's not really a leader and not enough of a presence for people to follow for me.

Quote Originally Posted by DapperDan
    the boy didn't shut up.*
    Ha ha! Just seen the interview from the OS.
    It seems like Chris Cohen really hate (hates? ah well... Norwegian! ) doing those interviews!
    Not like Lewis who loves every minute of it!

I voted for big Wes as he always plays with his heart on his sleeve and when he took the armband for 20 minutes against Cardiff the other week he shone and played really well!!

Cohen is another candidate but he is playing excellently and we dont want this to stop.

For me, there's only one true candidate who could grow into this role and prosper.......Chris Cohen.

'Intelligence without ambition is a bird without wings' - Salvador Dali 1904-1989

I think 'odd' is a good thing. Oddness shows originality, uniqueness and a desire to be different from the masses. Oddness is, maybe, only deemed 'odd' by the majority who are considered less odd but only by their own blinkered observations and understanding. Oddness should never be criticised but be encouraged to nurture, develop individualism and to explore the mind rather than conform to expectation and 'normality'. Many of the world's greatest works of art and prose were born from those minds many considered to be 'odd'.
    [/url]

Well its a close poll LTLF opinion is clearly divided.

I'm going to be different though and go for Chris Cohen.

There is not one, not one capable leader in this pack aside from Breckin thats why he should play every game until we get someone younger, more suitable.

Ive said Cohen, but wouldnt mind Morgan havent it.

winnits

I don't see a leader in our pack either. People say Benno is a 'natural leader' - being a gobshite doesn't make you a leader.

No Ian Breckin?

Quote Originally Posted by Marriboom!
    No Ian Breckin?*
    Who should be the on-field NFFC captain when Brecks is absent?

Quote Originally Posted by Ollie
    Who should be the on-field NFFC captain when Brecks is absent?* *
    lol CRAP! Didn't see that. Well my vote still goes to Breckin.