Welcome to the LTLF Forest Forum.

Thread: Tribute to Nigel Doughty

A. Trialist

Default Tribute to Nigel Doughty

Latest blog read from Jemmo as he posts a decent tribute to Nigel Doughty. He admits Doughty made mistakes but always had the club at heart
    http://goo.gl/WbTmM

Similar Threads:

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

Default Re: Tribute to Nigel Doughty

yeah, good tribute.

I don't want to start a detailed analysis of every decision he made, I really really don't.

But every so-called 'bad' decision was completely understandable. BD's constant public criticism of his employer was asking for trouble and he does have form; McClaren ought to have been half reasonable and none of us can understand what went wrong; and not buying in January windows is being slightly risk-averse but it is a poor time to buy.

All I am saying as that the decisions Forest have made over the years have not been stonewall stupid. Even Platt has credibility as a coach now and ND was not to know the disaster he was to prove. These decisions were debatable but not inane. In his 'I quit' interview he was beating himself up way too much.

You can go up and down the league and find where things have not worked out. Some of the pious pontificating over 'bad stewardship' is actually cods.

Upper Decker

Quote Originally Posted by woodfordred View Post
    yeah, good tribute.

I don't want to start a detailed analysis of every decision he made, I really really don't.

But every so-called 'bad' decision was completely understandable. BD's constant public criticism of his employer was asking for trouble and he does have form; McClaren ought to have been half reasonable and none of us can understand what went wrong; and not buying in January windows is being slightly risk-averse but it is a poor time to buy.

All I am saying as that the decisions Forest have made over the years have not been stonewall stupid. Even Platt has credibility as a coach now and ND was not to know the disaster he was to prove. These decisions were debatable but not inane. In his 'I quit' interview he was beating himself up way too much.

You can go up and down the league and find where things have not worked out. Some of the pious pontificating over 'bad stewardship' is actually cods.
    Fully agree. Even with the appointment of Megson, which I wasn't happy about at the time, I could understand the reasons for bringing him in. From a solely pragmatic point of view he seemed like a good choice. Most of us thought that although the football wouldn't be pretty at least we would start getting results. Hindsight eh?

A. Trialist

I think most fan accept he made a few poor decisions but that he was a man who had Forest in his veins. McClaren looked a decent appointment at the time but clearly it wasn't to be. RIP Nigel.

Nigel Clough

Everyone makes controversial decisions in life. End of. Should detract from the fact he was a top man.

Just reflecting on what could have been had the Doughty estate decided to call in the debt, and also the fact that I dare say that they let Fawaz & co purchase us at a cut-price rate, and think that the family deserve a big thankyou for doing the best thing for the club.

So thankyou

Senior doom Monger

Quote Originally Posted by Alf-Inge of Fudge View Post
    Just reflecting on what could have been had the Doughty estate decided to call in the debt, and also the fact that I dare say that they let Fawaz & co purchase us at a cut-price rate, and think that the family deserve a big thankyou for doing the best thing for the club.

So thankyou
    Simple, understated and perfect.
    Now let';s move on...