Welcome to the LTLF Forest Forum.
Page 2 of 29 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast
Results 26 to 50 of 714
  1. #26

    Default Re: Cover versions, which are better than the original?

    Quote Originally Posted by Winnits View Post
    You can't say wrong/incorrect. You can say "I disagree"
    Anyone who thinks Soft Cell are better than Gloria Jones is wrong. FACT!

    Same for Bob Dylan v GNR, for that matter, you Rupert!


  2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement
    Join Date
    Always
    Posts
    Many

  3. #27
    winnits
    Guest

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Alex

    Anyone who thinks Soft Cell are better than Gloria Jones is wrong. FACT!

    Same for Bob Dylan v GNR, for that matter, you Rupert!
    I disagree


  4. #28
    winnits
    Guest

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by BrollyArdron

    I reserve the right to state opinion as fact when it comes to Bob Dylan.
    I disagree


  5. #29
    Ian Storey-Moore
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Long Eaton
    Posts
    2,750

    Default Re: Cover versions, which are better than the original?

    Quote Originally Posted by Barbus View Post
    Don't you mean Mark Ronson?
    I like to acknowledge the person who actually sings it


  6. #30
    Ian Storey-Moore
    Join Date
    Jun 2005
    Posts
    4,972

    Default Re: Cover versions, which are better than the original?

    The Stranglers' version of Walk on By is phenominal.


  7. #31
    Ian Storey-Moore
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Long Eaton
    Posts
    2,750

    Default Re: Cover versions, which are better than the original?




    JOKING I AM!


  8. #32
    clusternakker
    Guest

    Default Re: Cover versions, which are better than the original?

    hendrix's all along the watchtower is a million times better that dylans effort.

    smells like teen spirit by tori amos better than nirvana's effort.


  9. #33
    Nigel Clough
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Location
    Oxford
    Posts
    6,654

    Default Re: Cover versions, which are better than the original?



    Pendulum covering Coldplay's Violet Hill.


  10. #34
    Nigel Clough
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Location
    Mapperley
    Posts
    5,035

    Default Re: Cover versions, which are better than the original?

    I like Pendulum, I went to see them for my first ever gig. But that wasn't very good.

    Saying that, I think it's impossible for anyone to cover a Coldplay song and make it better.


  11. #35
    Nigel Clough
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Location
    Mapperley
    Posts
    5,035

    Default Re: Cover versions, which are better than the original?

    Quote Originally Posted by BrollyArdron View Post
    Incorrect.
    Listen to it Brolly. It's awesome


  12. #36
    Nigel Clough
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Location
    Oxford
    Posts
    6,654

    Default Re: Cover versions, which are better than the original?

    Pendulum did a good cover of Metallicas Master of puppets, but it wasn't better though.


  13. #37
    Rice # 42
    Join Date
    Mar 2004
    Location
    The Hucknall
    Posts
    6,706

    Default Re: Cover versions, which are better than the original?



    Better than the Beatles? I think so.


  14. #38
    Nigel Clough
    Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Posts
    6,178

    Default Re: Cover versions, which are better than the original?




  15. #39
    Banned
    Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Posts
    17,593

    Default Re: Cover versions, which are better than the original?

    Quote Originally Posted by Maverick View Post


    Better than the Beatles? I think so.
    Good Call !


  16. #40

    Default Re: Cover versions, which are better than the original?

    Quote Originally Posted by Maverick View Post


    Better than the Beatles? I think so.
    You are wrong. I mean, I disagree (because you are wrong). So overblown and badly sung, just like most Joe Cocker.

    "I get by with a little help from my friends..." plus, Queen, a gospel choir and a full orchestra, eh? Give me Paul McCartney any day.

    It's the same reason the Guns 'n Roses cover of Knockin' on Heaven's Door doesn't work - a song about a dying sheriff doesn't work when you blow it up to be a stadium rock anthem (and I didn't like it when Bob Dylan started doing that either). It's all about the context. With A Little Help From My Friends worked when the Beatles did it because of the double meaning - it could be about spliffs, or it could be about Paul and his muckers in the band, it makes sense either. Joe Cocker, whether he smokes spliffs or not, probably doesn't have any friends.


  17. #41
    winnits
    Guest

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Alex
    Give me Paul McCartney any day.
    Ringo sang it, didn't he?


  18. #42
    Samuel
    Guest

    Default Re: Cover versions, which are better than the original?

    Doesn't Ringo Star sing Help From My Friends?


  19. #43
    13th Duke of Wybourne
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    knee deep in clunge
    Posts
    49,154

    Default Re: Cover versions, which are better than the original?

    Pretty sure Ringo sings help from my friends.

    Oh and Broly is wrong, Hendrix's "tower" is better than Dylans by a country mile.


  20. #44
    Nigel Clough
    Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Posts
    6,178

    Default Re: Cover versions, which are better than the original?



    AWESOME


  21. #45
    LTLF Legend
    Join Date
    Dec 2003
    Location
    Lufthansa Business Lounge
    Posts
    100,588

    Default

    Personally I think Jimi Hendrix' version of "God Save The Queen" should have been adopted as the "official" national anthem!

    „I believe in socialism because it seems more humanitarian, rather than every man for himself and 'I'm alright jack' and all those arsehole businessmen with all the loot. I made up my mind from viewing society from that angle. That's where I'm from and there's where I've made my decisions from. That's why I believe in socialism“

    „Don't forget you're alive. 'Cause sometimes when you walk around the city and you're in a bad mood, you can think, hey, wait a minute, we're alive! We don't know what the next second will bring and what a fantastic thing this is. This can get easily forgotten in the routine of life, and that's something I'm trying to bring to my attention at all times. Don't forget you're alive. We're not dead, you know. This is the greatest thing.”

    — Joe Strummer

  22. #46
    winnits
    Guest

    Default

    Sid Vicious with My Way


  23. #47
    Floating in space.
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Location
    Астана Казахста&
    Posts
    10,070

    Default Re: Cover versions, which are better than the original?

    Talking heads v Al Green



    Al Green v The Bee Gees



    The Specials v Dan Livingstone



    PSB v Brenda Lee



    I also like many of those suggested on here.

    Alex, i love The Smiths but Jeff Buckley just does that song in such a different way it is beautiful.

    Oh and an obvious one.

    Buckley v Cohen




  24. #48
    Grenville Morris
    Join Date
    Mar 2004
    Location
    The Sarf
    Posts
    28,089

    Default Re: Cover versions, which are better than the original?

    Garth Brooks - Make you feel my Love (Cover of Bob Dylan)
    Coldplay - Simple Twist of Fate (Cover of Bob Dylan)
    Kelly Clarkson - Make You Feel My Love (Cover of Bob Dylan)
    Phil Collins - The Times they are a-changing (Cover of Bob Dylan)
    Miley Cyrus - You're gonna make me feel lonesome when you go (Cover of Bob Dylan)
    Chris De Burgh - All Along The Watch Tower (Cover of Bob Dylan)
    The Flying Burrito Brothers - I shall be Released (Cover of Bob Dylan)
    David Gray - Buckets of Rain (Cover of Bob Dylan)
    Ke$ha - Don't think twice it's alright (Cover of Bob Dylan)


  25. #49
    Floating in space.
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Location
    Астана Казахста&
    Posts
    10,070

    Default Re: Cover versions, which are better than the original?

    Tutts, fishing ?


  26. #50
    Floating in space.
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Location
    Астана Казахста&
    Posts
    10,070

    Default Re: Cover versions, which are better than the original?



    For the indie persons.



    Last edited by Spaceman; 22-01-12 at 18:17.

 

 

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •