Welcome to the LTLF Forest Forum.
Page 1 of 14 12311 ... LastLast

Default Football Manager 2012

Very impressed with the demo. More and more options every year and more and more fun, it seems, although this new layout would need some getting used to.

I'm 4-1 up the moment at Saints Where's all the realism gone?

So, can't wait for the final release, next two weeks are going to be long.

Similar Threads:

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

Default Re: Football Manager 2012

Seems quite easy with Forest at the moment, due to the fact you can actually make signings! (I have two (yes 2!) left backs now).

Most of the backroom staff aren't very good, and have been replaced, which is interesting that the scouts have rated them so low. Miller is a beast. 5 goals in his first month, although the lack of injuries to all the wide players and cohen and the fact that Blackstock has recovered in august has helped.

13th Duke of Wybourne

Is this game any good? Is it like the LMA of old?

i've not played much of this just the version on xbox360 years ago i prefered lma 2007 tho can you download the whole game for free off torrentz?

Quote Originally Posted by Hobo View Post
    Seems quite easy with Forest at the moment, due to the fact you can actually make signings! (I have two (yes 2!) left backs now).

Most of the backroom staff aren't very good, and have been replaced, which is interesting that the scouts have rated them so low. Miller is a beast. 5 goals in his first month, although the lack of injuries to all the wide players and cohen and the fact that Blackstock has recovered in august has helped.
    Lucky you, they wouldn't let me sign folk, 10k free in the wage budget, what's the most I can offer? 6.

Quote Originally Posted by Hobo View Post

Nice to see you again, Mike

Yes, quite easy. 9 games into season, 7-2-0, 22-9, Miller has scored 7 goals in 5 league games, overall 10 in 6, Dexter is back in August with 4 goals in 5 Boateng is very good, Greening not bad, Anderson rocks.

Danny Rose at LB (loan from Spurs), brought some wingers (one of them was bought by Doughty himself!), sold Majewski for 2 million and currently 2nd in the table, Blackpool lead by goal difference.

Derby are 22nd, 1-1-7, 7-26.

And the amount of data, statistics etc is unbelievable. I spent hours just browsing through them, not playing an actual match.

Quote Originally Posted by klinsi View Post
    sold Majewski for 2 million
    You disgust me ;-)

Sold Mcgoldrick (250k) and Smith (325k) and brought in jack robinson on loan as left back with jlloyd samuel on a free as cover. Ravel Morrison on loan as wing cover and josh mcEachran as creative cover. Wes broke his arm in the last preseason game so I signed Terry Kennedy from Sheff Utd as cover at CB.

The transfer income has covered wage increases for all those who've signed contract extensions. Still making a monthly loss though, hopefully a league cup tie against Man City can help balance the books for a month or two.

Just noticed there's something funny in 'Finances' section:
    Loans outstanding: Gift Loan of Ł60M (repayable on departure of Chairman) They didn't know about Doughty's decision, did they?

And as for Majewski - there's too many CM's in this team (probably won't do it on a full version) Nobody made any offers for anyone else, which is a shame cause I really wanted to get rid of McGoldrick and Smith (who plays better than Camp so far ).

Unfortunately, there's no more 'gifts' from previous FM, when EPL teams let players on loan and paid their wages still. Rose in on 8K a week and it hurts, it exactly the 8K I pay over my wage budget.

My League Cup ties weren't exactly money-makers, all at home, but: Morecambe, Watford, Peterborough, now away to WBA.

Last edited by klinsi; 08-10-11 at 20:36. Reason: error

13th Duke of Wybourne

Is this game any good then?

Senior Member?

I've pre-ordered from ShopTo, cheap and will probably get it a day before everyone else..

As for selling Raddy for £2M, I normally play a flat 442 so I'll definitely try cashing in for Raddy to try and get a decent LB!

Rupert

can you still just set up high profile friendlys making 200k a pop?

i used to just do that several times and field the younguns...

Quote Originally Posted by Andy! View Post
    Is this game any good then?
    It is very, very good.

I sacked half my backroom staff, freeing up loads of wages, and they wont let me pay robbo 2.8k a week to be assistant manager. Yet im on 6.5k a week - what good is that to me?

what's new? i'm heavily into an fm11 game at the moment so don't see the point of buying this one

Quote Originally Posted by sebs View Post
    what's new? i'm heavily into an fm11 game at the moment so don't see the point of buying this one
    A completely new teamtalk system (and similar changes to manager and player interaction), much more data (stats, info), better match engine (for me at least, the play seems more erratic and more realistic thanks to that), better contract and transfer negotiation system.

Is it worth to change from previous version? For me the answer is always 'yes' and this time it's even more obvious for me, it seems that FM12 suits my style of playing the game (slow and deliberate) even better.

I also have a savegame from FM11 that will be hard to forfeit but when I start winning everything in the game with Forest I starting to get bored.

After 16 games:
    1. Forest, 11-5-0, 37-16, 38
    2. Reading, 11-2-3, 38-17, 35
    3. West Ham, 10-4-2, 30-12, 34
    20. Derby, 4-2-10, 18-39, 14

My best players so far:
    Miller, 6(2), 10 goals, 0 assists, AvR 7.89
    Anderson 9(4), 2 goals, 11 assists, AvR 7.64
    Morgan 19, 2 goals, 1 assists, AvR 7.27
    Banton 11(6), 3 goals, 5 assists, AvR 7.25 (this one's great, available for free, 18 year old AM RL)
    Blackstock 9(2), 9 goals, 0 assists, AvR 7.25.

Derbyshire, Reid and Findley are my worse players, Reid looks absolutely uninterested, Derbyshire can't his a cow's arse with a banjo, Findley is just an average team member.

Upper Decker

Had a play on this. The layout and 'user friendliness' is a big improvement on FM11. Much less clicking to different pages required.
    Got Rose and Townsend on loan from Spurs for 6 months and 0 wages. Signed Page from Motherwell for 400k, whos' been my best defender so far. Miller has been superb so far. Sold Goldie, Smith and Raddy. 5th in the league mid sept and just beaten Derby at PP in the league cup.

Stand Firm And Strike Hard

FOREST!

Who do people buy for the left back slot?

I agreed a loan deal for Clint Hill but he rejected me at the last minute.

Rupert

how do you get the demo?

Rupert

oh.. easily enough

cheers google

Played 16 games and conceded 25 goals so far.

.k I m
    I m u mm

Just about to play my first game, have shipped out McGoldrick (300k), Smith (475k), McGugan (2.3m), Tudgay (250k) and Lynch (100k).

Have signed Kelvin Etuhu, Salaheddine Sbai (LB!), Max Haas, Ben Alnwick, Jason Banton (all free), Tom Hately for 210k, Domine Luyckx (150k) and Filip Pivkovski, Ravel Morrison and Greg Cunningham (LB!) on loan

Miller looking like a bit of a beast pre season!

Quote Originally Posted by RobbieLePop View Post
    Played 16 games and conceded 25 goals so far.

I think I broke the game...

Man City 1 Forest 5

Third round of the league cup. Used the upload video option for the first time, it successfully uploaded, but has crashed the game... before I was able to save.

Footy Manager Researcher

Quote Originally Posted by klinsi View Post
    Just noticed there's something funny in 'Finances' section:
    Loans outstanding: Gift Loan of Ł60M (repayable on departure of Chairman) They didn't know about Doughty's decision, did they?
    No, as our Data Lock was about 3 weeks before all the fun of Schteve leaving and so on.