Welcome to the LTLF Forest Forum.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Battlefield 3

Default Battlefield 3

Battlefield 3 is coming out on October the 28th, the open beta is also out now, so if you don't have it, get it!

Personally, I still think it is too clunky compared to cod, but i'm definitely going to get it, you can't beat running around as a medic.

Also the vehicles (not on the beta) look amazing!

If any of you guys have it, post your opinions on it

Similar Threads:

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

The beta is awsome. I reckon it'll come close to outselling mw3.

Default Re: Battlefield 3

I don't get the BF hype. For one, it kind of lacks the overall fun factor of CoD and for a game that claims to be smarter and superior to CoD, Rush isn't really the mode to show that off either. At least you don't take 2 clips of ammo before dying.

Last edited by adam09; 09-10-11 at 11:00.

Best served cold

I much prefer battlefield to cod. Rush is a stroke of brilliance.

Cod is just spawn, run forward, get airstriked repeat.

Battlefield you can parachute out of a chopper, hope on a jet ski and you can take your time to plan things out which is far more relevant than in cod

"I've been blessed with many things in this life: an arm like a damn rocket, a c**k like a burmese python, and the mind of a f**king scientist" - Kenny Powers

13th Duke of Wybourne

Quote Originally Posted by incapable hulk View Post
    I much prefer battlefield to cod. Rush is a stroke of brilliance.

Cod is just spawn, run forward, get airstriked repeat.

Battlefield you can parachute out of a chopper, hope on a jet ski and you can take your time to plan things out which is far more relevant than in cod
    I think both have their merits and if you like one it doesn't mean you won't like the other. COD for me is good as I like running around like a twat shooting everything, but I do like Battlefield aswell, as a more planed out, really don't want to be killed a million times experience.

Oh I will play and enjoy both, I couldn't care less for video game arguments, I'm just of the opinion that BF doesn't live up to it's hype either and I felt that way about Bad Company too.

I only played Rush mode on the BF beta and it was literally just run and gun, trying to get to the central area to place charges, there's nothing new or clever about it at all.

There are obvious features where Bad Company did deliver, the destructive environment mechanics are incredible and the tank parts were great, but other parts were average and the quad biking over the desert and boating down a river parts were 100% pointless.

As for planning things out, I don't think Battlefield comes close to the Ghost Recon Advance Warfighter and Rainbow Six Vegas games for tactical play. Those were some tough ass games and it's annoying there's not been one for a while.

To be honest, I don't think the beta shows what BF3 will be like, partly because it's a couple of months old, but also the fact that the map used is solely to get COD players to convert to BF.

No it doesn't, and I can't see it converting many people!

£31.99 for the ltd addition version with code JSGANEW102011 @ https://www.sainsburysentertainment....ate_id=1546795

You need to be a new customer for it to work

Last edited by lard; 17-10-11 at 22:18.

So...... Has anyone got it yet? or are you all too busy on it to be milling about on here! Just about to give it a blast!

Rupert

both are good

the difference between cod and battlefield is within one week i will be bored of battlefield

BF has a dodgy single player, and the worst enemy AI ever but the multiplayer battles on the PC look awesome

Just rented this which was a complete waste of time since you have pay a tenner for a code to play multiplayer and the campaign is shit.

Don't think the campaign is that bad, lets face it, a lot of people will buy it for the multiplayer and the actual game is a bonus, I think the multiplayer is great, will be even better when all the kids bugger off and play mw3 next week!

Yeah, I forgot you had to pay for MP and have only rented it, so I won't be doing that.

Single player, only a few missions in but it's poor. I'm playing on hard and the missions are over way too quick, action is too little and the plane parts are well easy and I'm playing on the hardest level you can start on. People can jump on the CoD backlash bandwagon but for me, Battlefield is miles away from CoD.

The positives are that it looks great, the environmental damage is fucking superb and you and AI don't soak clips full of bullets before dying.

Had enough of this, I'm sending it back. It might be worth buying for the multiplayer but the campaign utter utter shit. It's incredibly easy and repetitive. Like Adam says one of the only decent things is the environmental damage. Bring back Red Faction for the PS2!

Comparing the single player campaigns is a fools errand. On Battlefield it's essentially a tutorial for the multiplayer. Neither are my cup of tea but I detest COD online, full of angry kids, hackers, folk who stay in the same place and snipe and just generally it's all a little wham bham thank you ma'am. Battlefield offers so much more depth

People camped and sniped on BF Bad Company multiplayer. It was dull as fuck.

I should be getting this in a day or two. I think I'm defiantly going to enjoy this more than mw2.v2.

I want a fucking go on this.

Quote Originally Posted by Rogue View Post

Saw that last week.... looked absolutely amazing! This game is growing on me big time, Relly liked it when i first played it.. Love it now!! Won't be bothering with cod ta very much.

My mate from uni works on that program and got to have a go the jammy fucker.

13th Duke of Wybourne

I want a fucking go on Suzi Perry! Wouldn't mind playing the simulation either.

Yes Suzi Perry

Quote Originally Posted by Andy! View Post
    I want a fucking go on Suzi Perry! Wouldn't mind playing the simulation either.
    you mean theres a simulator on there!!!!