Welcome to the LTLF Forest Forum.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Terrible, terrible reasons for missing an important Forest match:

Default Terrible, terrible reasons for missing an important Forest match:

I'm not going to the West Ham game on Sunday because we decided a few weeks ago that we'd watch it on Sky down here in Dover rather than make a third trip to Nottingham in a short space of time (petrol, etc). So for the past few weeks now I've been looking forward to sitting down in front of the telly to enjoy my first live Forest match of the season, and a big one at that.

My wife has just informed me that we're booked to take our little boy to see In the Night Garden Live - The Ninky Nonk Show, followed by Meet Iggle Piggle, at 1pm this Sunday. I can't get out of it because I promised her ages ago I'd go along and she got the tickets as a favour from a client.

Beat that, important match missers.

Similar Threads:

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

Ale ape.

Default Re: Terrible, terrible reasons for missing an important Forest match:

Quote Originally Posted by jerellis1 View Post
    I can't make it to this Sunday's game because Mrs_C has an appointment with her diet counsellor, which I have to drive her to.

Banned

My wife has just informed me that we're booked to take our little boy to see In the Night Garden Live - The Ninky Nonk Show, followed by Meet Iggle Piggle, at 1pm this Sunday.
    You've just made those names up after a night on acid listening to Pink Floyd's 1st album shirely? lol

Time to get the wife-beating vest out and show her who's boss mate.........

Last edited by Mr Jester; 26-08-11 at 10:04.

I'm not going to the West Ham game on Sunday because we decided a few weeks ago that we'd watch it on Sky down here in Dover rather than make a third trip to Nottingham in a short space of time (petrol, etc). So for the past few weeks now I've been looking forward to sitting down in front of the telly to enjoy my first live Forest match of the season, and a big one at that.

My wife has just informed me that we're booked to take our little boy to see In the Night Garden Live - The Ninky Nonk Show, followed by Meet Iggle Piggle, at 1pm this Sunday. I can't get out of it because I promised her ages ago I'd go along and she got the tickets as a favour from a client.

Sky +, avoid the score, job done.

Last one standing

I can't make it because I'll be at the Notting Hill Carnival. Beat that.

School boy error! Carnival on Sunday is for kids! Monday, Monday, that's my fun day!

Quote Originally Posted by BrollyArdron View Post
    That seems to be my only option. I've never done that before though - watch a live match not-live, if you see what I mean - what's it like? Don't you just spend the whole ninety minutes thinking, 'all this has happened before'?

I only just realised the match is on Sunday! D'oh. Might not be able to go now!

That seems to be my only option. I've never done that before though - watch a live match not-live, if you see what I mean - what's it like? Don't you just spend the whole ninety minutes thinking, 'all this has happened before'?
    Yeah, I did it for the Cardiff home game a couple of seasons back. It is quite weird, I couldn't help but think that if anything incredible had happened, such as a 10-0 win or whatever, I probably would have heard about it one way or another.

Who cares Anyway...?

Quote Originally Posted by Rhods View Post
    I only just realised the match is on Sunday! D'oh. Might not be able to go now!

Rupert

im not going because after 3 years of having a season ticket... i stopped this year

went to leicster, realised how much money i would piss away if i went to most games.

and thought.. 'its on telly'

Quote Originally Posted by congo_red View Post
    I can't make it to this Sunday's game because Mrs_C has an appointment with her diet counsellor, which I have to drive her to.
    Get her to walk. It'll help.

i'm not going to be able to make it as I'll be at work (not that great really) but it has cheered me up to see that some other people will be missing the match too :P

Quote Originally Posted by pbreathing View Post
    Get her to walk. It'll help.
    Or run, would help even more

i can't make sundays game because im seeing some fat bird about her weight issues

Last one standing

School boy error! Carnival on Sunday is for kids! Monday, Monday, that's my fun day!

I tried that once, with the Leeds home game at the beginning of last season. After 10 minutes the recording stopped. Why did the recording stop? Because it clashed with two other recordings. What was one of the other recordings?

IN THE NIGHT GARDEN.

Proof, if any were needed, that Igglepiggle is a Derby fan.

What the bollocks is Igglepiggle?

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	igglepiggle.jpg 
Views:	85 
Size:	16.9 KB 
ID:	1573

Best served cold

its like a blue mr hanky the christmas poo

"I've been blessed with many things in this life: an arm like a damn rocket, a c**k like a burmese python, and the mind of a f**king scientist" - Kenny Powers

Igglepiggle has a red blanket, therefore he is a Forest fan. Upsy Daisy, however, is a Cardiff fan, all she does is sing in a foreign language.

ADI

Can you get me Macca Paccas autograph

May not be the best moderator on LTLF, but he's In The Top 1

Quote Originally Posted by adi13 View Post
    Can you get me Macca Paccas autograph
    Iggle Piggle? Macca Pacca?

Good to see the original Bollywood influence is still working.

Eena Meena Deeka was the first Bollywood film I remember showing..

By "relegation battle", do you mean 7th, 12th or 14th?

Quote Originally Posted by willojack View Post
    flagman do me a f***ing favour remove me from this forum

I tend to miss one ofteo home games a season, but unless it's a holiday or wedding I'll cancel anything else. Which is sad I you think about it! My family and friends are used to it now, I guess!

Afterism (n) - A concise, clever statement you don't think of until too late.

BRING BACK THE BANNER!