Welcome to the LTLF Forest Forum.

Thread: Subbuteo ???

AKA Randy Bumgardener

Default Subbuteo ???

Anyone still into it ?

Just ordered a game off ebay and can't wait to get it. call it childhood memories but I used to love it. Anyone else still got theirs and still play it ?

LTLF Subbuteo evening anyone ??

Similar Threads:
    'The cross came in from Majewski, and Blackstock slid in, Gabriel Tamas attached to him in the manner in which a baby chimpanzee clings to its mother' Dexter Blackstock vs West Brom

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

Default Re: Subbuteo ???

Quote Originally Posted by Freiro Cornholio
    Anyone still into it ?

Just ordered a game off ebay and can't wait to get it. call it childhood memories but I used to love it. Anyone else still got theirs and still play it ?

LTLF Subbuteo evening anyone ??

I'd be so up for that!

And that sounded so gay!

AKA Randy Bumgardener

Quote Originally Posted by adamthered

I'd be so up for that!

And that sounded so gay!
    I do love the idea of a get together like this. Just like in the school days. How many people will bring Forest ?? lol

I do love the idea of a get together like this. Just like in the school days. How many people will bring Forest ?? lol
    I used to have the stadium thing, score board and all the cups! I was well into subbuteo when I was young, was never any good, always lost but always loved it!!

A get together would be amazing! Anyone who can arrange it?

I have loads of Subbuteo stuff up in the loft. A wole enclosed stadium with hundreds of spectators. The took ages to put up without knocking them all down. We even have 4 floodlights, very useless but very cool.

AKA Randy Bumgardener

Quote Originally Posted by Stratty
    I have loads of Subbuteo stuff up in the loft. A wole enclosed stadium with hundreds of spectators. The took ages to put up without knocking them all down. We even have 4 floodlights, very useless but very cool.

Going for 300 on ebay mate !!!

Going for 300 on ebay mate !!!
    Get out?

I've gotta see this!

AKA Randy Bumgardener

It's a bit different to that one in that it is much older I think. All the stands are grey or orange and people are orange.

I imagine it will be worth quite a bit some day.

The stands are like these ones, but a little bigger.

Iv got a euro 96 set somewhere. All i know is the player that had 3 (physco) on the bad got flicked into the printer somewhere along the line. i still have it with advertising boards and the massive cloth pitch that you never ever ever get the creases out of.

why did we have to give our most popular player ever a seemingly unspellable nickname for the majority of our fans?

The last time I saw Subbuteo in the shops the players were flat card board efforts.
    Very disappointing. I also had the full stands etc, took an age top set up and made the game even more unplayable.
    Bought the lot for £15, must have been worth a fortune when my mum car booted/threw it away.
    I'll remind her of that when I put her in a home.

Quote Originally Posted by sebs
    why did we have to give our most popular player ever a seemingly unspellable nickname for the majority of our fans?
    You mean you don't remember 'physco?'

He was a brilliant goalkeeper in 1922.

Quote Originally Posted by sebs
    A few years ago, around the late eighties, I went to an away game to Sheffield Wednesday with my dad. He got talking to this bloke, who looking back looked a bit of a nutter, who had just had a tattoo done on his forearm. The tattoo was the Forest club badge with our leader, Pyscho, written underneath (or something along those lines)

A few people who were stood around were midly impressed with it, until I (only about 8 at the time) said "Isnt it spelt Psycho, not Pyscho?" He got absoultely ripped for the next hour or so! lol

I had the german team and the Leeds team Just a good game back in the day.

I used to have a corner section of the stadium (as above) and a scoreboard.

I played it in front of the fire one day though and my scoreboard melted

I had Forest (of course!) which back in the day had the '82 pin striped kit. I had Coventry (with the Talbot T on the shirt) and Luton for some reason.

Probably crap teams Forest could beat!

Also had England - admiral kit with red and blue horizontal lines on the shoulders - Keegan era - and a random one - white shirts with black shorts - which doubled up for most away teams.

Happy days!

When I had pigtails, I was more interested in Sindy's fashion accessories (Barbie was a tart, even back then) rather than Subbuteo.

However, I was delighted at the rare opportunity to play with my best friend's brother's Subbuteo although it was very simplistic then. Little other than a bit of green fabric and lead painted faceless players in red or blue.

Many wonderful hours were spent creating inspired new accessories out of margarine cartons, cereal and ovoid boxes, bits of sponge (sorry Mrs Moore, yes it was us who pinched your natural ocean sponge to cut up for shrubbery), pipe cleaners and bits from Mouse Trap. Our magnificent creation, akin to the new Wembley Stadium, sadly never made it onto Blue Peter ( bastards) but we were very proud.

I only played if I was allowed to be Red.

I've just laughed when spell checking....Womble is suggested for Wembley!

'Intelligence without ambition is a bird without wings' - Salvador Dali 1904-1989

I think 'odd' is a good thing. Oddness shows originality, uniqueness and a desire to be different from the masses. Oddness is, maybe, only deemed 'odd' by the majority who are considered less odd but only by their own blinkered observations and understanding. Oddness should never be criticised but be encouraged to nurture, develop individualism and to explore the mind rather than conform to expectation and 'normality'. Many of the world's greatest works of art and prose were born from those minds many considered to be 'odd'.
    [/url]

I belong to nobody!!!

I used to have Forest & Newcastle, a couple of corner takers, managers bench, police on horseback & a stand.

My dad gave me his Jules Rimet trophy & the European Championship trophy that was his when he was a kid. I've still got them & they're still in their original green boxes.

He also gave me his FA Cup but I lost that somehow, although I never really had anyone to play it with

Quote Originally Posted by adamthered
    A few years ago, around the late eighties, I went to an away game to Sheffield Wednesday with my dad. He got talking to this bloke, who looking back looked a bit of a nutter, who had just had a tattoo done on his forearm. The tattoo was the Forest club badge with our leader, Pyscho, written underneath (or something along those lines)

A few people who were stood around were midly impressed with it, until I (only about 8 at the time) said "Isnt it spelt Psycho, not Pyscho?" He got absoultely ripped for the next hour or so! lol
    That's quite special... my mate got Physco on the back on a Man City shirt when he played for them

i used to play and my grandad have the cloth stapled to a big bit of wood and we would go to car boots picking up team and little extras like the camrea men and tower, score board, i had about 40 teams.

the game is a legend

Victor Meldrew

I love Subbuteo. Our house was one big Subbuteo stadium when I was a kid. I still have all the gear - teams, pitch, goals. I just need a ball and then I will be able to play.