Welcome to the LTLF Forest Forum.

Hybrid View

First Team

Default installing games on xbox hd

right then I have one x box elite that is mine and lad has a arcade with 250gb harddrive upstairs, problem I have is I often want to play games hes playing upstairs is there a way of instaling the game on my hard drive and playing them without the disc while he plays it using disc upstairs as dont want to have to buy 2 copys of games such as fifa ect, would also come in helpfull to alow us to play online on black ops and f1 2010 on 2 seperate consoles

Similar Threads:

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

winnits

Doubt it without some kind of hacking

Ian Storey-Moore

Default Re: installing games on xbox hd

Without hacking it there's no way to download onto the hard drive and play without the disc. It reads the registration on the disc to know that you actually own the game. It's an attempt to try to stop illegal downloads. The only real benefit is that it is faster loading times, no disc spinning and thus a quieter machine, and that's about it.

Matchday Squad

Default Re: installing games on xbox hd

You can save the game to your hardrive but you still need the game to play it, just makes it not overheat as easy. I used to do it on my old one as it was louder than a jumbo jet and got hot enough to cook bacon on!