Welcome to the LTLF Forest Forum.
Page 12 of 25 FirstFirst ... 2101112131422 ... LastLast

Thread: Mcgigglans

Rice IV

Default Re: Mcgigglans

"If you really hate the English, sing in Welsh" works better.

I hate unnecessary swearing!

Talk to me, Goose.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

Wally Ardron

Quote Originally Posted by the mask of zorro View Post
    OK, that's fair enough but in my experience, if as a group of lads you walk into a pub anywhere in Wales, the conversation around you will be in Welsh!
    That is very often only because you are there. The conversations would have very often been in English before you walked in. I've mentioned before (a few months ago), that my Nottingham born Mum lived in North Wales for 20 years and always felt like an outsider due to incidents such as that.

In contrast, through the 30 years that I lived in North Wales, I always found Nottinghamshire people to be very friendly towards me during my regular visits to the county. Most would have a story about some place in Wales that they have visited, some Welsh person they had worked with, or about the giant killing exploits of Wrexham in the '70s. They generally wanted to have a conversation with me because I'm Welsh.

Wally Ardron

Quote Originally Posted by Maverick View Post
    "If you hate the Fucking English, sing in Welsh!"
    They sing their National Anthem in Welsh, Swansea fans did on Thursday. Many probably don't know what the words mean though, I certainly don't, actually I don't even know the words beyond the first line and I couldn't spell it.

Wally Ardron

Quote Originally Posted by Wes' Organ View Post
    Absolutley spot on, that was a fine tackle, he won the ball cleanly and should not have even been booked.

The noise from you corner was incredible, we have never heard the like of it before.

I think you would have won 9-0 if it wasn't for the sending off, you sir are a real student of the game.

If this isn't bad enough, you will deprive us of a manager next season.

One last thing, a little respect wouldn't go amiss, remember we pay your benefits.
    LOL

Last one standing

Been to Llandudno and Caernarfon in the nineties and I agree what's been said regarding speaking welsh. I've also been to Swansea and Tenby about 7 years ago and didn't hear welsh spoken once...apart from on Pobol y Cwm. lol

Nigel Clough

Thanks Al, spat coffee on my screen and my sides hurt like hell.

Best Thread Ever.

Youth Team

Whatever happens on Monday this was a play-off highlight. Certainly made me McGiggle.

Knighthood for Winnits....superb banter!

Matchday Squad

Quote Originally Posted by kreemie View Post
    Whatever happens on Monday this was a play-off highlight. Certainly made me McGiggle.

Knighthood for Winnits....superb banter!
    bloody hell never known so much mutual back slapping, its so funny how you guys cream about owning folk but seemingly let them get to you maybe just a little too much lol

Last one standing

Quote Originally Posted by Ashrams

bloody hell never known so much mutual back slapping, its so funny how you guys cream about owning folk but seemingly let them get to you maybe just a little too much lol
    I don't think he got to anyone, it was just the exposing of his blatant lies by winnits that made this thread what it is. He had been a relatively sensible poster prior to this!

Youth Team

Quote Originally Posted by Ashrams View Post
    Maybe it's time you stopped living your play-off dream through somebody else's football club?

Matchday Squad

Is his profile pic on FB the one with him sticking one finger up and a guys arm around his back?? I want to add him as a cityville friend so I can unlock the virtual used car lot business he has....

Matchday Squad

to be fair i maybe didnt follow it that closely Col. it does make for some good banter and for Winnits to go for the jugular is equally as funny in my opinion as he is normally a really nice guy or seems to be.

Matchday Squad

Quote Originally Posted by kreemie View Post
    Maybe it's time you stopped living your play-off dream through somebody else's football club?
    lol we fulfilled our play off dream a few seasons ago remember....that quickly turned into THAT nightmare.

Last edited by Ashrams; 14-05-11 at 11:22.

Last one standing

Quote Originally Posted by cknu
    Is his profile pic on FB the one with him sticking one finger up and a guys arm around his back?? I want to add him as a cityville friend so I can unlock the virtual used car lot business he has....
    Got a link to his Facebook page? I fancy a laugh.

TheDude

Matchday Squad

Looking classy

What's welsh for chav?

Matchday Squad

Quote Originally Posted by thehockleyhustler View Post
    What's welsh for chav?
    sheep.

Glad you know your place

Nigel Clough

Thats not him, his Mrs is 4 times the size of her.

TheDude

Grenville Morris

He can wax my old motor any day, the sexy bitch.

30/09/2021: It's only 8 points to the play-offs. Doesn't matter if we're 20th having lost three times as many games as we've won so far. I fancy us now that Hughton's gone.

Nigel Clough

looks like a victim.

winnits

Quote Originally Posted by the mask of zorro
    While I was watching the Reading/Cheaters game last night, I was wondering why the fans of the welsh clubs, don't sing their songs in welsh.

Answers anyone?
    More people speak Klingon than Welsh. Sad but true. I like the idea of old traditional languages like Gaelic, Welsh, Cornish, Breton etc

winnits

Quote Originally Posted by ubique
    Not something I've noticed before when I went to the Swansea and Cardiff games didn't hear anyone speaking Welsh. Used to go to North Wales alot as a kid and English is a second language up there.

Work with quite a few Welsh lads and generally the South Wales boys don't know a word
    Even I know ARAF!