Welcome to the LTLF Forest Forum.
Page 2 of 10 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
Results 26 to 50 of 240

Thread: Safe Standing Bill

      
  1. #26
    Nigel Clough
    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Location
    Milan, Italy
    Posts
    7,495

    Default Re: Safe Standing Bill

    Don't forget the joys of having to arrive an hour before kick off to get a half decent spot, and having to struggle past everyone to get to the bar/toilet etc... (not that certain people bothered with all that back in the day when they wanted to relieve their bladder).

    It would make for a better atmos though, and if IF we managed to get a new ground it would be pretty ace if we timed it just after they allowed safe seating again and we could have one of the first new safe terraces. But hey, I'm a dreamer.


    It's also fairly disappointing that it's just another thing the Germans can do without any fuss whilst we don't seem to have the will for it.

    <<Rimaniamo distanti oggi per abbracciarci con più calore e correre più veloci doman>>

  2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement
    Join Date
    Always
    Location
    Advertising world
    Posts
    Many

  3. #27
    May not be the best moderator on LTLF, but he's In The Top 1
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Location
    Nottingham
    Posts
    42,912

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by DanR
    And that is more of the issue - the Taylor report, for all its positives, gave the clubs licence to print money by altering their grounds to all seater.

    I just think football is too greedy to think of anything but the cash.
    Dons cynical hat and observes the proximity of Taylor Report to creation of The Premier League, with all the implications to want to draw from that.

    By "relegation battle", do you mean 7th, 12th or 14th?

    Quote Originally Posted by willojack View Post
    flagman do me a f***ing favour remove me from this forum

  4. #28
    Jack Armstrong
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Location
    Cloud Cuckoo Land
    Posts
    30,410

    Default Re: Safe Standing Bill

    Quote Originally Posted by Antonios Gubba View Post
    So we'd just need to find 50% more fans to turn up on a regular basis then ?


    Does anyone really think this is a goer ? Surely the club would end up making less money.

    I meant as an alternative to moving ground to a 40,000 seater. Probably no point doing it now but you can't be sure what the future holds. It might not be long before we're an established Premiership side....












    .....














    ......

    30/09/2021: It's only 8 points to the play-offs. Doesn't matter if we're 20th having lost three times as many games as we've won so far. I fancy us now that Hughton's gone.

  5. #29
    Nigel Clough
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Location
    East Notts
    Posts
    5,637

    Default Re: Safe Standing Bill

    I actually wrote to my local MP about this, Patrick Mercer, and despite getting back a load of tripe about Hillsbrough and diversity (it always has to come back to that with them doesn't it), I replied and he took my points under consideration and forwarded the letter on to the Minister for Sport ... who will probably ignore it lol

    But hey, ho ... it felt like some sort of progress. Everybody else on here should do it too, even if they like sitting down like me! It'd make better atmosphere and its better for those that do want to stand!


  6. #30
    Wally Ardron
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Posts
    2,260

    Default Re: Safe Standing Bill

    Considering, across the country, there are tens of thousands of fans who still stand at football matches every week (including a few hundred at Forest) despite the regulations I find it astonishing that nothing has been done, especially considering the success of the German model.

    It's annoying for those that want to sit, to have people standing in front of them, and it's annoying for those who want to stand but are constantly being told to sit down.

    It can be safe, it can work and it is wanted. Eurgh.

    I stand up in VCC, and I know I shouldn't be standing so I don't really have a right to complain but it really is a constant annoying battle between stewards and fans.


  7. #31
    Nigel Clough
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Posts
    5,336

    Default Re: Safe Standing Bill

    Quote Originally Posted by Davie View Post
    Considering, across the country, there are tens of thousands of fans who still stand at football matches every week (including a few hundred at Forest) despite the regulations I find it astonishing that nothing has been done, especially considering the success of the German model.

    It's annoying for those that want to sit, to have people standing in front of them, and it's annoying for those who want to stand but are constantly being told to sit down.

    It can be safe, it can work and it is wanted. Eurgh.

    I stand up in VCC, and I know I shouldn't be standing so I don't really have a right to complain but it really is a constant annoying battle between stewards and fans.
    It is so simple to solve but I can't see it ever happening I would love there to be a standing section at Forest, like you said we do it anyway. Sadly I can't see it ever happening, to many MPs scared of upsetting certain groups who probably don't even go to Football matches anymore.


  8. #32

    Default Re: Safe Standing Bill

    Quote Originally Posted by Davie View Post
    Considering, across the country, there are tens of thousands of fans who still stand at football matches every week (including a few hundred at Forest) despite the regulations I find it astonishing that nothing has been done, especially considering the success of the German model.

    It's annoying for those that want to sit, to have people standing in front of them, and it's annoying for those who want to stand but are constantly being told to sit down.

    It can be safe, it can work and it is wanted. Eurgh.

    I stand up in VCC, and I know I shouldn't be standing so I don't really have a right to complain but it really is a constant annoying battle between stewards and fans.
    There's no political will for a bill. Not enough people aren't going to change who they vote for on the basis of a safe standing bill, and they know the tabloids will portray it as a move back to the 'bad old days' of football, leading to a backlash from other groups of fans.


  9. #33
    Nigel Clough
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Location
    East Notts
    Posts
    5,637

    Default Re: Safe Standing Bill

    Quote Originally Posted by Super-Garth View Post
    There's no political will for a bill. Not enough people aren't going to change who they vote for on the basis of a safe standing bill, and they know the tabloids will portray it as a move back to the 'bad old days' of football, leading to a backlash from other groups of fans.
    In the time I took you to write that, you could have wrote to your MP.


  10. #34
    Matchday Squad
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    Back in Nottingham
    Posts
    875

    Default Re: Safe Standing Bill

    Quote Originally Posted by earthworm View Post
    I actually wrote to my local MP about this, Patrick Mercer, and despite getting back a load of tripe about Hillsbrough and diversity (it always has to come back to that with them doesn't it), I replied and he took my points under consideration and forwarded the letter on to the Minister for Sport ... who will probably ignore it lol

    But hey, ho ... it felt like some sort of progress. Everybody else on here should do it too, even if they like sitting down like me! It'd make better atmosphere and its better for those that do want to stand!
    I didn't get a reply from my MP for Nottingham East :wavesangryfist:


  11. #35
    TheDude
    Guest

    Default

    Leave main stand alone, happy sitting or standing as I please.


  12. #36
    Viv Anderson
    Join Date
    Sep 2004
    Location
    West Bridgford
    Posts
    14,805

    Default Re: Safe Standing Bill

    Are the few hundred standing at Forest, the back rows of the main stand? Or have we got a small terrace, I'd just never noticed before?


  13. #37
    Wally Ardron
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Posts
    2,260

    Default Re: Safe Standing Bill

    Quote Originally Posted by Anatoli View Post
    Are the few hundred standing at Forest, the back rows of the main stand? Or have we got a small terrace, I'd just never noticed before?
    That'd be lovely!

    At Forest it's really the A block, the back half of B Block, and U1 and U2 up in VCC, as well as those on the back few rows of V1 and V2 in the Bridgeford End.


  14. #38
    Nigel Clough
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Location
    East Notts
    Posts
    5,637

    Default Re: Safe Standing Bill

    Quote Originally Posted by nottmdude View Post
    Leave main stand alone, happy sitting or standing as I please.
    Do you sit in all of Main Stand at once?

    Try to think of people other than yersen.


  15. #39
    TheDude
    Guest

    Default

    We're happy as we are. I speak for the people.


  16. #40
    Matchday Squad
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Posts
    1,118

    Default Re: Safe Standing Bill

    Shirley they could have a safe standing section. Leave the Brian Clough Stand (pronounced - mort-u-ary) and Trent End (pronounced Trentend). Fans would know where to go to stand and sing, boring farts that want to sit, read the programme could boo the current scapegoats.

    Seats must be a safety hazard in areas where everyone is standing.

    The first few games at the new Wembley were a constant battle between fans wanting to stand and/or sing versus the boring farts. The FA sorted it by nominating a 'sing section'. I know its currently against the law but it wouldn't be beyong the wit of forest to set up (replace seats with sufficient barriers) a safe standing area. I'll write to my MP and send earthworm a copy.

    Was once asked to play for England.

  17. #41
    13th Duke of Wybourne
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    knee deep in clunge
    Posts
    49,154

    Default Re: Safe Standing Bill

    Bridgford lower? rip out the seats and stick the away fans in a corner of BC lower.

    "Ive only met Andy....last week actually and can confirm he is in 2nd place in sexiest fucker on here stakes." -Barry

  18. #42
    LTLF Legend
    Join Date
    Dec 2003
    Location
    Lufthansa Business Lounge
    Posts
    100,588

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Andy! View Post
    Bridgford lower? rip out the seats and stick the away fans in a corner of BC lower.
    This has been suggested before but the club won't do it.

    The segregation issue is the biggest problem as you would have both sets of fans spilling out into the same car park behind the BC stand.

    „I believe in socialism because it seems more humanitarian, rather than every man for himself and 'I'm alright jack' and all those arsehole businessmen with all the loot. I made up my mind from viewing society from that angle. That's where I'm from and there's where I've made my decisions from. That's why I believe in socialism“

    „Don't forget you're alive. 'Cause sometimes when you walk around the city and you're in a bad mood, you can think, hey, wait a minute, we're alive! We don't know what the next second will bring and what a fantastic thing this is. This can get easily forgotten in the routine of life, and that's something I'm trying to bring to my attention at all times. Don't forget you're alive. We're not dead, you know. This is the greatest thing.”

    — Joe Strummer

  19. #43

    Default Re: Safe Standing Bill

    Quote Originally Posted by earthworm View Post
    In the time I took you to write that, you could have wrote to your MP.
    My MP at home only appears to have the ability to send Tory HQ generic press releases based on my previous encounters with her.

    And my MP in Sheffield is too busy trying to hold his sinking shipheat of a party together. Although he did actually respond to my letter in person (or at least his PA had the time and effort to craft a personalised response).


  20. #44
    Youth Team
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Location
    South Of The River
    Posts
    481

    Default Re: Safe Standing Bill

    Scouse idiots will no doubt complain that any introduction of a bill is an insult to the people that died in '89.


  21. #45
    Wally Ardron
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Posts
    2,260

    Default Re: Safe Standing Bill

    Quote Originally Posted by Redwalton View Post
    Scouse idiots will no doubt complain that any introduction of a bill is an insult to the people that died in '89.
    Yet every week you see the entire Kop on their feet.


  22. #46
    winnits
    Guest

    Default Re: Safe Standing Bill

    They wouldn't complain... without allocated seating more room for people without tickets to blend into the crowd...


  23. #47
    Youth Team
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Location
    South Of The River
    Posts
    481

    Default Re: Safe Standing Bill

    Quote Originally Posted by Davie View Post
    Yet every week you see the entire Kop on their feet.
    i know..............god i fukn HATE LFC.


  24. #48
    Matchday Squad
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Posts
    1,118

    Default Re: Safe Standing Bill

    Quote Originally Posted by chriscl View Post
    This has been suggested before but the club won't do it.

    The segregation issue is the biggest problem as you would have both sets of fans spilling out into the same car park behind the BC stand.
    A problem but not insurmountable. Better atmosphere = more customers = more income and profit = money to spend on stewards, police and fixtures to separate the morons.


  25. #49
    Nigel Clough
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Location
    East Notts
    Posts
    5,637

    Default Re: Safe Standing Bill

    I got a reply from the minister for culture and sport or whatever it is. He basically took my points on board, but went on to say that when he asks ...

    a) The police,
    2) The "football authorities"

    ... for advice on this, they tell him not to change anything. So basically, its the FA, Football League and Premiership, as well as the police that are to blame for this not changing.

    The Police probably won't do anything that might mean their job gets harder. As for the rest, I suppose the spectre of the 600 lbs gorilla that is health and safety bullshit is standing in the way of them doing what's right/sensible.

    Next port of call might be to write to these people.


  26. #50

    Default Re: Safe Standing Bill

    Its clear that like minded fans in the right place can stand throughout a game with allocated seating. Who has sat down at an away game often this season or been asked to? Bar Chelsea and Man U our stewards (Bridgeford for me) are the worse for the constant sit down routine. If it was complaint driven l would understand but its aimed at whole sections of fans standing happily.


 

 

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •