Welcome to the LTLF Forest Forum.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default Classic football management games...

Hi. just wondering if anyone knows any classic management games on the PC (e.g. champ manager 97)they used to grind for hours and hours, as im looking to buy some relics

Similar Threads:

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

Victor Meldrew

Default Re: Classic football management games...

If you get Championship Manager 03/04, buy Anatoli Todorov.* So good, I named my award winning brand of Vodka after him.* Put his son Mariboom in goal.* Use his scrotum sac as a tea strainer.

Earliest one ive got is CM 99/00 and had everyone since FM was released..

My neighbors got the earlier versions and Italia edition so I could pass on an offer if you're interested.

I still have EA Sports' "FA Premier League Football Manager" 2000 and 2002, as well as CM00/01, 4, 03/04, and all Football Managers. PM me if any of these interest you.

Quote Originally Posted by northernmonkey MBE
    I would sugest searching for Ultimate Soccer Manager 98-99 on 'abandonware' sites - it's where I've found it Great game, unfortunately totally underrated, maybe because it was released in similar time as Championship Manager 3 and went unnoticed...

I belong to nobody!!!

Champo 97 is a classic! Me and my mate still talk about some epic matches we had on that.

I started playing that again recently and got Lincoln to the Premiership with the snearly the same squad they had in the 3rd Div with the only additions being free transfers

Quote Originally Posted by Ollie
    Earliest one ive got is CM 99/00 and had everyone since FM was released..

My neighbors got the earlier versions and Italia edition so I could pass on an offer if you're interested.
    I too have the Italy, Germany and France version of the olf Championship Manager series. They were classic old beasts. I managed to get Inter Milan relegated (I am no Paul Ince) but then took over at Reggina and took us to the Champions League semi-finals.

Quote Originally Posted by Spring Heeled Jack
    I too have the Italy, Germany and France version of the olf Championship Manager series.* They were classic old beasts.* I managed to get Inter Milan relegated (I am no Paul Ince) but then took over at Reggina and took us to the Champions League semi-finals.
    in the big blue box??

Quote Originally Posted by klinsi
    I would sugest searching for Ultimate Soccer Manager 98-99 on 'abandonware' sites - it's where I've found it Great game, unfortunately totally underrated, maybe because it was released in similar time as Championship Manager 3 and went unnoticed...
    I found a signed up to a few abandonware sites, but you gotta do reviews on othergames to get to download it, i did a review then coulddnt understand where i was supposed to dl from?!

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/Premier-Manager-97-RARE-Big-Box-Original-Pc-Game-VGC_W0QQitemZ230291860396QQcmdZViewItem?hash=item2 30291860396&_trkparms=72%3A12|39%3A1|66%3A2|65%3A1 2|240%3A1318&_trksid=p3286.c0.m14
    brilliant game, last prmier manager before they got redisigned which affectively killed it

I agree! Premier Manager 97 was one I played a lot too, brilliant game. I always tried to get that De Beer goalkeeper who was 99 for striker or something, good times

Quote Originally Posted by klinsi
    USM is backed hard! Great game. Being able to set prices of hot dogs, demolish buildings and build fan shops etc was so much fun! Gonna look into getting that.

Early Championship Managers were great too. I had CM2 when I was a kid.

I belong to nobody!!!

If I remember rightly FIFA Manager had similar where you could rebuild your stadium and set different prices.

Even players were in the papers for partying out late with page 3 models

I remember my mate having it. He had Marcel Desailly on one of his teams and he got killed in a car accident.

Wierd!

Quote Originally Posted by we_are_forest
    If I remember rightly FIFA Manager had similar where you could rebuild your stadium and set different prices.

Even players were in the papers for partying out late with page 3 models*

I remember my mate having it. He had Marcel Desailly on one of his teams and he got killed in a car accident.

Wierd!*
    A player per season slipped in the car park and was injured for 29 weeks... every time lol

How can I get USM98 to work in Windows XP?

Quote Originally Posted by wesizleftpeg
    How can I get USM98 to work in Windows XP?
    Right click the shortcut, go to properties. Then go to Compatibility and tick the 'Run program in compatability mode for' box and select Windows 98.

I imagine that should work.

Quote Originally Posted by Azza
    Right click the shortcut, go to properties.* Then go to Compatibility and tick the 'Run program in compatability mode for' box and select Windows 98.

I imagine that should work.
    Cook a cat, never even knew that existed.

Well I can now see the title screen, but it's off centre and kinda split in half and the buttons don't line up with the screen.

Strange

It seems everybody has had the same problem! Apparantly it works in safe mode, but I can't be bothered with that.

Classic footie management games on the PC?

Well, Championship Manager '93 is my all-time fave. I still get nightmares about my best players unexpectedly announcing that they are "expected to move abroad at the end of the season", with fuck all you could do about it!

Sensible World Of Soccer has a management aspect to it. It's pretty basic (eg players never actually age!), but it's still great because you can buy/sell players and then control then on the pitch!

Another good one is "On The Ball". It had some really good training and media interaction on it.

FIFA Manager (the original) was OK, but as with most things FIFA, it was definitely mostly style over substance.

USM and Premier Manager were both OK, but still paled in comparison to Champ Manager.

As for truly old-school football management games, I spent hours/weeks/months of my childhood playing Football Director on the BBC. All text-based, but still bloody superb!

Sick As a Parrot... Probably the hardest management game in the world...

Football manager on the speccy's where the action's at...
    [img width=250 height=150]http://www.rebelstar.co.uk/images/screen_fm.gif[/img]

3d match engine too.*

<<Rimaniamo distanti oggi per abbracciarci con pił calore e correre pił veloci doman>>

Mansfield losing? Now there's a surprise.

anyone remember football masters?

classic.
    when you scored the crowed went crazy, then it died down, and you could hear someone go "come on blackpool!"

that was every goal...
    imagine a 7-4 thiller...

oh and the best player on the game was peter beagrie...

AKA Randy Bumgardener

Which footy manager was it with that young indian lad 'Supat Rungratsamee'

He was 17, playing for Portsmouth and could be got for 10k.

In his first season with Forest in the Prem he banged in 42 goals even though he had shit stats. became the best player in the world in 2 years lol

'The cross came in from Majewski, and Blackstock slid in, Gabriel Tamas attached to him in the manner in which a baby chimpanzee clings to its mother' Dexter Blackstock vs West Brom

Oh the classic players you used to buy. I think it was championship manager 2, I discovered a player called Mark van Ankaran he was the dogs twitcher. I think he was one of the developers.