Welcome to the LTLF Forest Forum.
Page 40 of 146 FirstFirst ... 3038394041425090140 ... LastLast
Results 976 to 1,000 of 3630
    Ian Storey-Moore

Default Re: The Peter Whittingham Saga

Hasn't he also rejected a contract there though ??

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

Best served cold

Quote Originally Posted by Daniel View Post
    I would say you've probably won this award... How do you know they are broke? I'd say the fan was in a much better position to comment than we are and more importantly the fact that Whitts has not joined us would say he is very accurate...

Don't start believing the rumours
    Actually, I dont believe the rumours.

I'm lucky enough to have a friend who's a journalist but also involved with cardiff at a fairly highish level and for many months he was quite convinced everything would work out.
    Until last week, when he was saying things at cardiff are actually a lot worse than is being reported in the press- and its very likely it will get much worse before it gets better.

Gethin Jenkins comments this morning about how he thinks its very likely cardiff will be under an embargo again in the near future, back this up.

What kind of ridiculousness means just because peter whittingham hasnt joined nottingham forest, then that means cardiff are not in financial trouble?
    Do you know we are actually still in for him? Or that he even wants to join us? Have you seen anything official?Or are you believing rumours and speculation?

Darren ambrose didnt join us or anyone else, and crystal palace arent in a particuarly happy place.

Stop putting 2+2 together and getting 5

*edit*

What I actually was referring to RE: me calling him deluded, was his insistence that cardiffs money troubles only stemmed from these 2 businessmen arguing.

When you consider its been going on since last year, long before they were even involved- its patently not true.

Last edited by incapable hulk; 06-08-10 at 15:53.

First Team

I don't think IH is deluded, both their CEO and Dave Jones have said they'll be back under a transfer embargo before long, that would suggest to me that they can't pay all of their bills and aren't particualrly flush with cash. They can only bring in free's and loan's as well.

Super Koopa

Maybe Whittingham doesn't want to stay at Cardiff OR come to Forest...

Matchday Squad

Quote Originally Posted by adam09 View Post
    Maybe Whittingham doesn't want to stay at Cardiff OR come to Forest...
    He wants to get a haircut

Hello there

I represent the financiers of Cardiff City Football Club, and I can confirm we have lots of money. I used a whole bunch of banknotes as napkins earlier whilst eating my quail kiev! I can inform you that we're not broke, and we're only under an embargo for a joke and a wager I made with the owners of those scallywags at Swansea. I made them a bet we could finish ahead of them even with our club being under a transfer embargo! Whittingham is definitely not leaving Cardiff, despite the fact he hasn't signed a new contract (the silly-billy!), and we're 'pretending' to owe some money to the taxman! If you have been keeping up to date on the newswire, you will have seen that we are about to sign Craig Bellamy, James Milner and Cesc Fabregas. Sorry to dash your hopes old chaps.

Yours sincerely,

NOT Peter Ridsdale...

Last edited by Super-Garth; 06-08-10 at 16:35.

Ale ape.

Mark Arthur reveals all:-

"I'm as disappointed as you are that the Whittingham deal is not done.

We'd agreed a fee with Cardiff - they were absolutely desperate for the money, we even agreed to their rather strange request to collect the entire fee in used bank notes stuffed into cereal boxes in their team bus.

We'd also agreed to terms with the player, he too had odd requests - including a monthly haircut allowance. He personally told me he'd be delighted to get away from cardiff, as he was sick off people looking at him through binoculars when he's on the training ground.

Unfortunately we hit a stumbling block at the very last minute. After lengthy discussions with our new merchandise partner, Kitbag. we discovered we can't see any shirts with names longer than ten characters on the back, so we had to scrap the deal."

Wally Ardron

Anyone else starting to get a sick gut feeling that this won't come off?

Last one standing

Don't worry, we're being told by those in the know that this - along with Pratley, Best, Danns and Leon Osman - will come off, so who are we to doubt them? lol

Ian Storey-Moore

I'm starting to think that if it was going to happen then it would have done by now.

Wally Ardron

Quote Originally Posted by Wolser View Post
    Anyone else starting to get a sick gut feeling that this won't come off?
    Haven't we all felt like this all summer tho??

Wally Ardron

Maybe it's just that OTT being 100% sure (or so he thought) Gave me optimism, then nothing happened.

Daniel

Quote Originally Posted by incapable hulk View Post
    Actually, I dont believe the rumours.

What I actually was referring to RE: me calling him deluded, was his insistence that cardiffs money troubles only stemmed from these 2 businessmen arguing.

When you consider its been going on since last year, long before they were even involved- its patently not true.
    Squire, You sound very level headed. The Cardiff fan could well be deluded, but in terms of hearing how bad there money situation is, well unless it's public knowlege and official, (i.e. proven by official accounts) then I think we are all deluded in some form by believing the rumours no matter how reliable we believe them to be.

Wally Ardron

Maybe it's just that OTT being 100% sure (or so he thought) Gave me optimism, then nothing happened.
    OTT had a pretty good track record as well.. + he was right about Bertrand and Davenport, so don't discount him yet.

Altho, I suppose it does beg belief whether he does actually know things or if he is good at guessing!!

Some people go on forums and say - 'I have a good source that says...' and the source ends up being football-rumours.co.uk or something.

I wonder why I come on these forums sometimes, cos a lot of the time it just gets your hopes up!! OTT was pretty adamant that he would be playing for us come Saturday.. Wonder if OTT will ever show his face round here again!?

Wally Ardron

Quote Originally Posted by RedTom View Post
    OTT had a pretty good track record as well.. + he was right about Bertrand and Davenport, so don't discount him yet.

Altho, I suppose it does beg belief whether he does actually know things or if he is good at guessing!!

Some people go on forums and say - 'I have a good source that says...' and the source ends up being football-rumours.co.uk or something.

I wonder why I come on these forums sometimes, cos a lot of the time it just gets your hopes up!! OTT was pretty adamant that he would be playing for us come Saturday.. Wonder if OTT will ever show his face round here again!?

Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	adam_and_the_ants_5.jpg 
Views:	53 
Size:	33.7 KB 
ID:	668  

Wally Ardron

I think I'm also jumping the gun a little bit, assuming if he's not signed by now he musn't be coming, but I think we're all like that tbh, after such a long frustrating summer.

Wally Ardron

I think I'm also jumping the gun a little bit, assuming if he's not signed by now he musn't be coming, but I think we're all like that tbh, after such a long frustrating summer.
    At least our main problem is sorted - LB.. and we have got to be pleased with Ryan Bertrand, credit to the AP there, and he seems to be pretty optimistic about sticking around for a long time!

I think our other problems at the minute are left wing and striker, but we have enough to get us through at the minute, and there is always the loan window to seal a deal if nothing else comes through.

A lot of the disappointment people are feeling is because others make up rumours ie - Beattie, Pratley, Whittingham, Shorey etc, us lot get our hopes up and then a few weeks down the line realise that the person saying they were in the know was actually a sad derby fan.

To be honest there aren't many teams who have made massive signings this summer, and I would quite happily chose our small squad over a number of others in this division at the minute

Youth Team

i think i'm right in saying whittingham is in the last year of his contract so he will be free to speak to other clubs in jan and would net himself a nice big signing on fee next summer if he stays at cardiff
    cardiff wouldn't be happy with letting him go for nothing but if he won't sign a new contract and doesn't want to move now there is nothing they can do about it
    i'm not fussed if he comes or not because look at the great players we already have at the club and the new season starts tomorrow

TheDude

very disappointed he hasn't been signed ready for tomorrow

Youth Team

Just heard on local Welsh BBC news that Cardiff's transfer embargo has just been lifted.

Now we'll see what happens.

Matchday Squad

Can anyone tell me were Karen Gillan lives ?

Cohen, Moussi, McKenna Raddy, Ando tomorrow at Burnley... not too bad is it?

A. Trialist
    Lower Trent Bridge End - not where I live, but where I feel most alive

So after all the euphoria of signing a LB yesterday, we are still 2 light on players that can comfortably do a job in the first team as we go into the opening game of the season. No replacement for Garner or Perch. No money spent on transfer fees. The only concrete rumours about other players joining are a Finnish trialist and a CB trying to resurrect his career. I'm still optimistic about the coming season as I think with the current squad we will be hovering around a play off position at the end of the season. However, if we havn't splashed any cash by this time next Friday I can't see us having any serious hope of automatic promotion.

Ian Storey-Moore

Quote Originally Posted by EAST LEAKE RED View Post
    So after all the euphoria of signing a LB yesterday, we are still 2 light on players that can comfortably do a job in the first team as we go into the opening game of the season. No replacement for Garner or Perch. No money spent on transfer fees. The only concrete rumours about other players joining are a Finnish trialist and a CB trying to resurrect his career. I'm still optimistic about the coming season as I think with the current squad we will be hovering around a play off position at the end of the season. However, if we havn't splashed any cash by this time next Friday I can't see us having any serious hope of automatic promotion.
    Well, you know what they say about opinions...

Let's wait until 5pm tomorrow and then see how we all feel.

Nigel Clough

There's no way he's playing against Burnley now if he does even sign.