Welcome to the LTLF Forest Forum.
Page 64 of 146 FirstFirst ... 1454626364656674114 ... LastLast
Results 1,576 to 1,600 of 3630

Default Re: The Peter Whittingham Saga

Look how much the Roys and the whole sides form dipped after Collymore left us.

Collymore was by far the best player I have seen play in a Forest shirt. Roy was a good player but Collymore was something a little bit special

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

First Team

Quote Originally Posted by incapable hulk View Post
    That will explain then, why once collymore left- bryan roy became pretty **** and ineffective.

..and we went backwards, fast.

Wally Ardron

Looks like Motherwell are hitting them with a winding up order over the transfer of Paul Quinn. SSN.

Viv Anderson

Quote Originally Posted by RICH1977 View Post
    shuan wright phillips anyone ? lol
    Show some AMBITION man! He's a poor man's McCleary.

How about Craig Westcarr?

First Team

and mark aurthor said they where not in a financial possition to turn down a offer for whittingham. hmmm.......

Rice IV

Collymore was special, you don't have to convince me of that. I love the man, I think he's brilliant, and would still have him at Forest.

However, he needed a Bryan Roy in the side to be special. He needed someone with ability, and without the ego that meant he wanted all the glory. At Liverpool he played with better players than we had here, yet he couldn't match what he did here as the players weren't as willing to let him be the one who scored all the goals.

Collymore made some fantastic goals out of nothing, but he was also handed plenty on a plate by Roy.

I think there is a negativity over Roy over those comments he made when he left, whereas the negativity over Collymore has been overshadowed by his stats. Roy and Collymore was the deadly combination, because Roy knew how to play with Collymore and bring him into the game.

Collymore is the most exciting player I've ever seen, but Roy had class by the bucketload.

Talk to me, Goose.

Ian Storey-Moore

Star striker Michael Chopra publicly aired his frustrations about the uncertainty at Cardiff before the embargo as lifted when he told a local newspaper: "I'm well hacked off.
    "If this club does not bring in new players, I'm off. I've had a enough of this."
    But Cardiff's players appreciated Chan's appearance in the dressing room to reassure them of the new investors' long-term commitment.
    "It is great he came to the first game," said club captain Mark Hudson.
    "To tell us that players are coming through the door is going to be good for us. It gives you bit a bit of belief.
    "As long as we can add to the competition, the bigger the squad the better.
    From here: http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/foot...ty/8898206.stm

I wonder what our players are thinking

So if you could choose one of them for our side now you would choose Roy?

The fact are there that show Collymore had a much bigger influence over the side that Brian Roy did.

Collymore on his own-Awesome (promotion season)
    Collymore and Roy-Magnificent (3rd in Prem)
    Roy on his own after Collymore's departure-Pretty damn average (Mid-table in Prem)

Best served cold

Quote Originally Posted by Rich View Post
    Whereas Collymore without Bryan Roy went on to win the World Cup?
    He still went onto score 22 goals (I think) in his first season at liverpool, straight after leaving us. From there his career nosedived really.

Bryan roy, in comparrisson, wasnt even our top scorer in the season after stan left was he? He scored less than jason lee I believe, and he was also frequently dropped due to his poor performances.

Last edited by incapable hulk; 17-08-10 at 14:49.
    "I've been blessed with many things in this life: an arm like a damn rocket, a c**k like a burmese python, and the mind of a f**king scientist" - Kenny Powers

Youth Team

don't know if it's been posted already (can't be bothered to go back loads of pages) but Boro are in for whittingham now.
    source = sky sports

yam

Quote Originally Posted by Quinn^2 View Post
    Looks like Motherwell are hitting them with a winding up order over the transfer of Paul Quinn. SSN.
    http://www.walesonline.co.uk/footbal...1466-27079668/

“The Board now believe that Cardiff’s position is untenable given their activity in the transfer market acquiring Jason Koumas, Tom Heaton, Danny Drinkwater, Seyi Olofinjana, Martin John and today, the loan signing of Manchester City’s Craig Bellamy.
    “Given all these circumstances and with legal and moral weight behind us, Motherwell FC have no option but to immediately pursue all legal routes to ensure this significant sum is paid to us as quickly as possible.
    Even at this very late stage, I would urge Gethin Jenkins of Cardiff to pay this money plus costs and interest by return in order to save his club acute embarrassment and the football community in general unwarranted bad publicity”.

Go Motherwell, nail the ****ers!

yam

Quote Originally Posted by fil View Post
    don't know if it's been posted already (can't be bothered to go back loads of pages) but Boro are in for whittingham now.
    source = sky sports

Yes, it has caused much wringing of hands.

Youth Team

Quote Originally Posted by fil View Post
    source = sky sports
    Thats what the last three pages have been about...

Ian Storey-Moore

Forest are really depressing me at the moment to the point where I think I need to stop reading Forest related news on the internet for a while.

Every day I wake up and get a little bit angrier, every time another club gets a new signing, every "'boro bid £2.4 for PW". I'm so sick of every way the club conducts their transfer business.

I had a nightmare last night that I received an e-mail from Forest saying that MA was delighted to announce we have swapped Gunter for Matt Lockwood and sold Earnshaw for 500k - and it represented great financial business. I think this is where I am caring too much, it is ridiculous and is really getting to me!

So sick of the TAP - and for all he has done for us, I'm very close to getting annoyed with ND for letting this keep happen. If we don't get new signings I can see a few ND out thread coming up!

Livid

All behind Motherwell!

Matchday Squad

Quote Originally Posted by Collymore! View Post
    Forest are really depressing me at the moment to the point where I think I need to stop reading Forest related news on the internet for a while.
    i'm in your boat with this! getting very fed up with our clubs lack of ambition and willingness to put their money where their mouth is.

Ian Storey-Moore

Just seen McNaughton on SSN saying he thinks they are still looking at bringing in a few more players AAARRRGGGGHHHH

I just want one or two at Forest!! they have 5 and still want 3 more.. Forest are a joke right now.

Grenville Morris

Motherwell are my new favourite team.

The board have let down he entire supporter-base

We needed 2 maybe 3 quality players to have the edge in this very average league and the board prefer to piss around with stupid bids for rivals star players.

I might be jumping the gun a little and would love to be made to eat my words in the next week or so but I expect the same old ****e excuses come the end of the month

Wally Ardron

The Motherwell chairman on SSN now he seems furious haha, brilliant.

Wally Ardron

He's talking about sending bailiffs round to cardiff to sort them out, looks like he means business.

Nigel Clough

Quote Originally Posted by Tutts View Post
    Motherwell are my new favourite team.
    Its brilliant to watch " we will send the bailiffs down on Cardiff city match day and collect our money" go on.

Nigel Clough

Quote Originally Posted by thehockleyhustler View Post
    One player can have a MASSIVE effect on a team.

Please refer to our "Collymore Years" DVD as evidence of this
    Yes but Bellamy is going from having the likes of Robinho and Steven Ireland providing service for him to score to Ledley and Whittingham. Don't get me wrong these are good players themselves but the Man City lot are much better. It is a big difference. And in the premeirship and at Man City will Bellamy be the man marked player? No he wouldn't. It is going to be a change and a challenge I doubt he will fail in this league highly but just having him in the side is not going to transform things for Cardiff City. Big players come down to this league i.e. Shorey for us would've in my eyes been the best left back in this league at the time. he left didn't make major differences at the time results continued to go well, our downfall came a few weeks later he clearly wasn't a direct influence I think. This does not affect Whittingham forget about ambitions money talks in this game. We can offer more than them clearly now since the wage bill will be taken up by Bellamy's contributions. And their financial situation showed that before hand. I don't see this affecting him coming to us or whatever at all.

Nigel Clough

I had a nightmare last night that I received an e-mail from Forest saying that MA was delighted to announce we have swapped Gunter for Matt Lockwood and sold Earnshaw for 500k - and it represented great financial business. I think this is where I am caring too much, it is ridiculous and is really getting to me!
    I dreamt the Mrs was pulling me up the stairs by my pud. My dream was way worse.

Youth Team

Just seen McNaughton on SSN saying he thinks they are still looking at bringing in a few more players AAARRRGGGGHHHH

I just want one or two at Forest!! they have 5 and still want 3 more.. Forest are a joke right now.
    100% agree it wouldn't be so bad if we all hadn't seen it before, but Forest seem to shaft the fans at every given opportunity.
    as much as the chairman says hes a fan now is the time for him to put up all sell up.
    on the plus side i take encouragement from the first 30 mins on sunday because we were very good and if we can turn that 30mins into 60-70 mins we will be getting 3 points instead of 1
    new signings are a must though because any injuries and we are in deep poo.
    i really thought this was the season we could crack on and have a really good go at automatic promotion.
    what also worries me is the longer the club mess about with things like this the more pissed of Billy is going to get and i really don't want to lose him.