Welcome to the LTLF Forest Forum.
Page 63 of 146 FirstFirst ... 1353616263646573113 ... LastLast
Results 1,551 to 1,575 of 3630
    Best served cold

Default Re: The Peter Whittingham Saga

Quote Originally Posted by chriscl View Post
    Whichever way you look at it, it's a massive coup for Cardiff.

Getting a player like Bellamy, who will be absolute quality at Championship level, is really going to make them one of the favourites for promotion now. If it's true he's on £90k per week, then Cardiff must be paying some of it.

If having Bellamy puts another thousand supporters on the gate every other week (at say £20 a ticket) that immediately gives them another £10k per week to "spend" on him.

It would probably now make it unlikely that Whittingham would leave though, seeing as they've brought Bellamy in; whilst one player doesn't guarantee promotion, he would probably be the best forward player in the division by some margin.

It doesn't say either if this is a season-long loan or just up until the next Transfer window? Even at 31, Bellamy will score goals for fun, and maybe at his age, he wants to move nearer his home (apparently his family all live in the Cardiff area?)

It does show the weakness of the FA and Football League, as they are (in effect) allowing a company who have seemingly almost been trading insolvently spend their way out of trouble!

Only problem for Cardiff is if they don't get promotion; and with this signing, they might suddenly become everyone's "Cup Final"!
    This.

Its a fantastic signing for them, and they will more than likely storm the league now. It amazes me that even under a transfer embargo for most of the summer- they've still managed to add a fair amount of quality to thier side.

Yet hear we are having added only player, and been chasing jermaine johnson.

But at least we have the moral high ground I suppose. That should be the most comforting thing as we watch ourselves get beaten by league minnows again.

"I've been blessed with many things in this life: an arm like a damn rocket, a c**k like a burmese python, and the mind of a f**king scientist" - Kenny Powers

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

Viv Anderson

Quote Originally Posted by TheFamousTeam View Post
    WTF is going on! Cardiff, Hull and Portsmouth are up to their balls in debt. Whereas we've got SO much money haven't we marthur you tosser.
    We got 1.5million + for James Perch, so where is that money? I know we're only 2 games in but I'm afraid fellow reds that times ahead are bleak. Unless we make a move in the next two weeks, the fans won't turn up and Davies will walk.
    Come on. You can't call them Bleak times. Bleak is league one for 3 seasons. Bleak is going out the cup at Woking. Bleak is having players on massive wages not giving 2 ****s about the club.

Senior Mass Debater

The dirty world of Big Business (Sky News)....and we think Cardiff are bad?

Barclays Bank has agreed to pay a $298m (£190m) fine to settle criminal charges that it broke US economic sanctions by trading with Cuba, Iran, Libya, Sudan and Burma.
    Swiss bank Credit Suisse Group agreed to pay $538m for hiding thousands of transactions on behalf of clients in Iran, Sudan, Libya.
    Wachovia Bank, now owned by Wells Fargo & Co, agreed to pay $160m for failing to stop more than $100m of Colombian and Mexican drug traffickers' cash being laundered through its accounts.

Ian Storey-Moore

Quote Originally Posted by Timothy Pope View Post
    Isn't that a good thing. Prem clubs would then be forced to be more careful about how much they pay their players then. It migh have an impact on the spiralling cost of wages being paid for mediocre players
    It may be a good thing in an ideal utopian world, but unfortunately football operates in a fantasy, overhyped, greedy, nonsensical, bloated bubble that bares no relation to the real world. Unfortunately if we wan't to succeed in this bubble we have to operate like the successful teams do.

I can't imagine Whittingham will be in any hurry to get out of Cardiff now.

A double blow for Forest.

Right, which Premiership superstar can we "bring home"?

Last one standing

Quote Originally Posted by thehockleyhustler View Post
    I can't imagine Whittingham will be in any hurry to get out of Cardiff now.

A double blow for Forest.

Jermaine Jenas.

Special Agent Dale Cooper

off to Juve

How about Malcolm Christie - he's about our standard

Leon Best?

yam

Quote Originally Posted by Col View Post
    Jermaine Jenas.

We couldn't even get Jermaine ****ing Johnson never mind Jermaine Jenas.

Nigel Clough

Has anyone else thought to themselves this could be a good move for us.

Bellamy can play on the wing correct? As can McCormack and whatever. So it could be the case this is almost to "replace" Whittingham get our money in for him cover the cost of Bellamy and live without Whittingham.

It's just a thought but I am for one not assuming this is gonna persuade Whittingham to say it's a season long loan and nothing more and 1 player does not dramatically transform the fortunes of a football club. He is dropping a division so granted the standards will fall for Bellamy but so will service and consider he's gonna be the one every manager points out to his defenders each week make sure he does not get through. It's not gonna be easy for Bellamy in the slightest. And Whittingham I havent heard hes suddenly changed his mind r wanted to sign a contract. I think we can still most definately sign him.

Resident foodie!

To those saying Forest fans can't complain because we had Nicky Shorey, I agree with whoever said there needs to be a rule implemented which says a club much pay at least a certain percentage of the wages.

As far as I'm aware, we were paying 50% of Shorey's wages while he was here (around 14k-a-week) so maybe it should be at least 50% that a club must pay, otherwise it seems unfair that Cardiff are able to 'borrow' someone for absolutely nothing from Manchester City.

One player can have a MASSIVE effect on a team.

Please refer to our "Collymore Years" DVD as evidence of this

why would he want to leave cardiff now they will be favourites for promotion? surely his aim is to play in the premier league, he can do that with cardiff next year. We were on a par with them, now we're not. It's a step down for him coming here. We're kidding ourselves if we think otherwise

Rice 13

Why do people care how much Cardiff aren't paying Bellamy, before it was mentioned I have never ever heard anyone say that a rule should be implemented that makes a club pay x% of wages before this happens.

Rice IV

One player can have a MASSIVE effect on a team.

Please refer to our "Collymore Years" DVD as evidence of this
    As much as I love the man, Bryan Roy had a bigger influence on the 'team'. Collymore just got the glory.

Talk to me, Goose.

yam

[QUOTE=mouldynffc;1071513]Has anyone else thought to themselves this could be a good move for us.

Bellamy can play on the wing correct? As can McCormack and whatever. So it could be the case this is almost to "replace" Whittingham get our money in for him cover the cost of Bellamy and live without Whittingham.

QUOTE]

They're going to get the best forward in this division and play him on the wing.

Has Calderwood replaced Jones at Cardiff?

Rice IV

Quote Originally Posted by uredsuns View Post
    Why do people care how much Cardiff aren't paying Bellamy, before it was mentioned I have never ever heard anyone say that a rule should be implemented that makes a club pay x% of wages before this happens.
    Possibly because they have decided that they don't have the cash to pay their taxes, yet have the readies to give this clown £45k per week.

The tax payer will be making up the defecit between what Cardiff eventually decide they want to pay and what they should have paid.

In the meantime they are again spending ridiculously.

How many local businesses are owed money by Cardiff? How many of them will go to the wall for debts of less than £45k, yet they feel they can pay this guy that money every week?

I'm still at a loss as to why the embargo was lifted.

Rice IV

I can't wait for Bellamy to get 'Morgan-ated'.

Best served cold

Quote Originally Posted by Rich View Post
    As much as I love the man, Bryan Roy had a bigger influence on the 'team'. Collymore just got the glory.
    That will explain then, why once collymore left- bryan roy became pretty **** and ineffective.

yam

Quote Originally Posted by uredsuns View Post
    Because the leniency of the authorities has allowed Cardiff to live beyond their means (both in terms of transfer fees and wages) without punishment for seasons while avoiding relegation one season and challenging for promotion the next. It wouldn't have been raised as an issue if were practically any other championship club.

They've been granted stays on execution after being given an "absolutely final" deadline date and even got £2million off the PFA to pay players they couldn't afford back in 2005. The season we were relegated - if they had been docked 10 points it wouldn't have saved us but they would have been relegated alongside us.

They are cheating scum.

I can't wait for Bellamy to get 'Morgan-ated'.
    Chris Morgan-ated? Wes wouldn't even see him before he has the ball in the net.

Nigel Clough

Somewhere, right now, probably in a darkened room, Andrew Cole is laughing at you.

Ian Storey-Moore

I liked Bryan Roy, but come off it. 50 goals in 2 seasons by SVC is the biggest influence any team could have.

Rice IV

Quote Originally Posted by incapable hulk View Post
    That will explain then, why once collymore left- bryan roy became pretty **** and ineffective.
    Whereas Collymore without Bryan Roy went on to win the World Cup?

First Team

shuan wright phillips anyone ? lol