Welcome to the LTLF Forest Forum.
Page 61 of 146 FirstFirst ... 1151596061626371111 ... LastLast
Results 1,501 to 1,525 of 3630
    Matchday Squad

Default Re: The Peter Whittingham Saga

i'll be extremely pissed if he goes to boro now when we could have just stumped up the cash in any of the last 4 months.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

Rice IV

Quote Originally Posted by yamyam View Post
    They have to pay his wages now or at least a big chunk of them. Wasn't he on £90K per week at Man City?
    They could be paying as little as 10% if that's the deal struck.

Money means very little to Man City, they could have struck a deal along the lines of 'you pay the wages, and you can have first refusal if we ever get a young starlet' or something.

I can't see Cardiff paying £90k a week for Bellamy.

Talk to me, Goose.

Nigel Clough

fuming at cardiff. i hate that "football club". debt management operation and tax avoidance machine more like.

Last one standing

Quote Originally Posted by sebs View Post
    fuming at cardiff. i hate that "football club". debt management operation and tax avoidance machine more like.

Matchday Squad

surely there needs to be a clamp down on clubs borrowing above their means. it's rediculous, they are basically gambling on getting promoted this season for the cash windfall.

Nigel Clough

Anyway, may as well shut this thread down now, no players will want to leave them cheating bastards now they have him playing for them. Tap should have paid up when they had the chance. Pathetic display from Forest for seemingly sitting on the fene for the past 2 months.

A. Trialist

Time for the word 'Ambition' to be raised again.

i sometimes feel that our club is very happy in the championship and has no aims to go any higher.

feeling a bit flat now that a debt ridden club like Cardiff is able to do more in the summer maket than ourselves...

Come on TAP,,please prove me wrong.

Nigel Clough

Maybe they've done this knowing they've got the money coming from Forest to pay for it?

yam

Quote Originally Posted by Rich View Post

Money means very little to Man City, they could have struck a deal along the lines of 'you pay the wages, and you can have first refusal if we ever get a young starlet' or something.

I can't see Cardiff paying £90k a week for Bellamy.
    Whatever they pay its money they haven't got. They still owe on transfers from years ago but the authorities lack the balls to stamp on them (Cardiff not their balls).

Matchday Squad

Quote Originally Posted by earthworm View Post
    Maybe they've done this knowing they've got the money coming from Forest to pay for it?
    There is always hope........

But with forest it's always a fools hope, he ain't coming

Rice IV

Quote Originally Posted by yamyam View Post
    Whatever they pay its money they haven't got. They still owe on transfers from years ago but the authorities lack the balls to stamp on them (Cardiff not their balls).
    Very true.

However, perhaps it's one of those moves that makes fiscal sense, if they think he will sell a load of shirts.

Viv Anderson

Very true.

However, perhaps it's one of those moves that makes fiscal sense, if they think he will sell a load of shirts.
    If it attracts an extra 1,000 walk up supporters for each home game, then they are set to recoup a decent amount of the wages they will be paying him.

For me the issue is that we can pretty confidently state that there is no way Cardiff are paying even 30-35% of his total salary. I'd like to see a rule that the loaning club should pay at least 50% of the player's wages. It's a disgrace that Man City are allowed to pay for a Cardiff player.

Nigel Clough

Stressful times ahead me thinks.

Ian Storey-Moore

Quote Originally Posted by DanR View Post
    For me the issue is that we can pretty confidently state that there is no way Cardiff are paying even 30-35% of his total salary. I'd like to see a rule that the loaning club should pay at least 50% of the player's wages. It's a disgrace that Man City are allowed to pay for a Cardiff player.
    Come of it, if we had the chance or where smart enough to get a Premiership class player for little outlay we would jump at the chance. No one was suggesting it was a disgrace that we had Shorey on loan last year.

Senior Mass Debater

Money means very little to Man City, they could have struck a deal along the lines of 'you pay the wages, and you can have first refusal if we ever get a young starlet' or something. I can't see Cardiff paying £90k a week for Bellamy.
    As I say Cardiff are being protected and encouraged by the Welsh FA - They can break every (moral) code in the book and the FAW will support them.

Viv Anderson

Quote Originally Posted by magicwoand View Post
    Come of it, if we had the chance or where smart enough to get a Premiership class player for little outlay we would jump at the chance. No one was suggesting it was a disgrace that we had Shorey on loan last year.
    But what percentage of his alleged 30k wages were we paying? I agree that we would jump at the chance if we could, but this is an extreme case - Bellamy's wages are unsustainable for most of the clubs in the Premier League, never mind our division. I have no problem with Cardiff loaning in Bellamy, but I do have a problem with Citeh paying for him.

Nigel Clough

Yes because we could afford him, Cardiff cant afford toilet paper

Special Agent Dale Cooper

Bollocks to it. If they can afford Bellamy, i'm sure they can afford Whittingham

We're destined to have McCleary for ever!

The uproar isn't because a rival club have signed a quality player, it's the fact they are highly in debt, on the verge of going bust and are still allowed to sign a player like this.

If another club (say Norwich or Boro) had signed him then yes we would all be jealous but this goes beyond that

Nigel Clough

ssn now backtracking abit. Maybe its not such a done deal yet

Nigel Clough

i dunno. apparently jay bothroyd has posted it all over his twitter account.

Daniel

I'm surprised Bellamy didn't join Everton, they are not too far away and it would be a good move for all parties...

oopsy daisy!

Quote Originally Posted by sebs View Post
    Absolutely agree.

They've been doing it and getting away with it for several years now.

You do have to admit though - The way they have done it and got away with it to the extent they may well get a player like Bellamy on the books is really quite brilliant. Staggering yes, cheating yes, but also quite brilliant.

Nigel Clough

Quote Originally Posted by Henry Lee View Post
    Bollocks to it. If they can afford Bellamy, i'm sure they can afford Whittingham

We're destined to have McCleary for ever!
    He's better than Tyson!

Special Agent Dale Cooper

Quote Originally Posted by Marshall. View Post
    He's better than Tyson!
    Oh God I forgot about Tyson.

We're doomed!!