Welcome to the LTLF Forest Forum.
Page 60 of 146 FirstFirst ... 1050585960616270110 ... LastLast
Results 1,476 to 1,500 of 3630
    Daniel

Default Re: The Peter Whittingham Saga

Quote Originally Posted by jacko9 View Post
    and another thing that annoys me is david pleat is meant to be so busy leading our aquisition panel that hes got time to go down to london and commentate on chelsea v west brom. What an absolute ****!
    he is only a consultant!!! That means he works part time at best!!!!

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

Youth Team

http://www.thisisnottingham.co.uk/fo...l/article.html

i stand corrected, seems the interest IS genuine. We'll have to see if we can outbid Middlesborough now

Youth Team

Quote Originally Posted by Red-Army View Post
    http://www.thisisnottingham.co.uk/fo...l/article.html

i stand corrected, seems the interest IS genuine. We'll have to see if we can outbid Middlesborough now
    There is no chance we will outbit Boro. This was always going to happen. Typical Forest dragging their heels until someone else joins the party and takes the player.

If we don't get Whttingham or Pratley, we really need to look at how the TAP work and if it really is working in the best interests of the club

Ian Storey-Moore

when not if

Yeah your probably right!

Wally Ardron

The problem isn't with the panel, the right players are being identifed consistantly. The problem is with whoever sanctions the bids for the players the panel identifies.

We just don't bid enough for quality players. Simple as.

Youth Team

Even so, dont you think that Whittingham will see that he has more of a key role here rather than at Boro, with them having Robson, Bailey, Arca and Flood all capable of playing on the left

Senior Mass Debater

The Welsh FA have a massive interest in keeping Cardiff & Swansea afloat. They have already lost Wrexham & Newport into the Conference League which has seriously dented their clout. They will be clearly backing and aiding both teams behind the scenes to keep their strongest squads and push for the Prem, esp Cardiff as the capital city and where so much money has been invested already.
    I wouldn't be surprised if Forest have been told by the FA to back off.

Quote Originally Posted by Clifford View Post
    The problem isn't with the panel, the right players are being identifed consistantly. The problem is with whoever sanctions the bids for the players the panel identifies.

We just don't bid enough for quality players. Simple as.
    I was under the impression that the panel decides how much we are prepared to pay for these targets though. I also don't buy into the argument that we can't deal with Swansea because they won't name their price for Pratley. They have more or less named their price at £.15m so Arthur can't use that as an excuse.

Youth Team

Quote Originally Posted by Le Juif Rouge View Post
    The Welsh FA have a massive interest in keeping Cardiff & Swansea afloat. They have already lost Wrexham & Newport into the Conference League which has seriously dented their clout. They will be clearly backing and aiding both teams behind the scenes to keep their strongest squads and push for the Prem, esp Cardiff as the capital city and where so much money has been invested already.
    I wouldn't be surprised if Forest have been told by the FA to back off.
    How do the Welsh FA have anything to do with it? They play in the English league...

Banned

Hopefully this will be the cue for Doughty to finally bid a sensible price so we can get this deal done.

Will we be able to match Middlesbrough for personal terms though?

Senior Mass Debater

How do the Welsh FA have anything to do with it? They play in the English league...
    “The (FAW) Council is responsible for the overall direction of Welsh football while the day to day management of the affairs of the association are directed by the Secretary General and his staff. Wales, being one of the smaller associations geographically and numerically of both FIFA and UEFA has twenty-four full-time and three part-time staff.”

“The Compliance Department is also responsible for processing disciplinary matters concerning Cardiff City FC, Swansea City FC, Wrexham FC, Colwyn Bay FC, Merthyr Tydfil FC and Newport County FC who all play within the English pyramid system.”

FAW Webpage.

Rice IV

I think the TAP have been quite good over this, to be honest.

Yes, it would be grand to have the player, but I don't think many on here see the bigger picture.

When buying from teams rivalling you for position, it's a double edged sword.

We don't just have to think about whether we'll be stronger, but whether those around us will too. What's the point in turning our strength up to 10, if in doing so we enable those around us to go to 11.

What I mean is that it's not just strengthening us, it's having an effect on those around us. If we were to get Whittingham, we'd want to get him at a price where Cardiff couldn't replace him with better for the money paid.

If we up our bid, as they clearly want, will it enable them to replace him and pay off some debts? Would we be making Cardiff stronger if we went above what we have offered? I think we would.

As much as I would like him here, there's little point if it enables Cardiff to finish above us.

I've always thought buying from your immediate rivals, and that's what they are positionally, is a bad idea.

Pratley and Whittingham are great players, and would improve our side, no doubt. But I'm not convinced having them in the side would increase our chances of promotion above the selling sides, unless we can get them for exactly what the clubs need to pay out. If we sign Whittingham, and that money enable them to get Bellamy, it becomes a terrible buy for us.

Talk to me, Goose.

Rice IV

Quote Originally Posted by Le Juif Rouge View Post
    “The (FAW) Council is responsible for the overall direction of Welsh football while the day to day management of the affairs of the association are directed by the Secretary General and his staff. Wales, being one of the smaller associations geographically and numerically of both FIFA and UEFA has twenty-four full-time and three part-time staff.”

“The Compliance Department is also responsible for processing disciplinary matters concerning Cardiff City FC, Swansea City FC, Wrexham FC, Colwyn Bay FC, Merthyr Tydfil FC and Newport County FC who all play within the English pyramid system.”

FAW Webpage.
    Remember when Cardiff were in the FA Cup final and one of their players had a red card overturned by the Welsh FA enabling him to play in the final?

Ian Storey-Moore

Quote Originally Posted by Rich View Post
    I think the TAP have been quite good over this, to be honest.

Yes, it would be grand to have the player, but I don't think many on here see the bigger picture.

When buying from teams rivalling you for position, it's a double edged sword.

We don't just have to think about whether we'll be stronger, but whether those around us will too. What's the point in turning our strength up to 10, if in doing so we enable those around us to go to 11.

What I mean is that it's not just strengthening us, it's having an effect on those around us. If we were to get Whittingham, we'd want to get him at a price where Cardiff couldn't replace him with better for the money paid.

If we up our bid, as they clearly want, will it enable them to replace him and pay off some debts? Would we be making Cardiff stronger if we went above what we have offered? I think we would.

As much as I would like him here, there's little point if it enables Cardiff to finish above us.

I've always thought buying from your immediate rivals, and that's what they are positionally, is a bad idea.

Pratley and Whittingham are great players, and would improve our side, no doubt. But I'm not convinced having them in the side would increase our chances of promotion above the selling sides, unless we can get them for exactly what the clubs need to pay out. If we sign Whittingham, and that money enable them to get Bellamy, it becomes a terrible buy for us.
    Or we let Middlesborough buy him and then Cardiff can get Bellamy and Middlesborough have Whitts and there are then 2 teams that are better off and we are in the same position as we were

Last edited by Hoax; 17-08-10 at 10:53.

Nigel Clough

Two words: Matt Mills.

Youth Team

http://www.skysports.com/story/0,195...317514,00.html

It's official, Bellamy to Cardiff. This could somewhat complicate the Whittingham deal.

Rice 13

http://www.skysports.com/story/0,195...317514,00.html

It's official, Bellamy to Cardiff. This could somewhat complicate the Whittingham deal.
    But don't they still have a transfer embargo in place?

Rice IV

Quote Originally Posted by Hoax View Post
    Or we let Middlesborough buy him and then Cardiff can get Bellamy and Middlesborough have Whitts and there are then 2 teams that are better off and we are in the same position as we were
    This is the point, when teams vying for position start buying from each other, the effect of the player and the money is seen on the league, not just one or the other, which is how a lot of transfers have impact.

Youth Team

I'm seriously getting bored of all the talk about TAP now.

The panel is set up to ensure we are not paying over the odds for players, to avoid the same mistakes that could have crippled the club when Mr Platt was in charge.

Yes it's bloody frustrating that the club won't go a little bit extra to secure the services of a player who the manager wants but then if the Chairman is looking after the long term stability of the club then it's fine with me. I would much rather be watching Forest in the Championship than not have a club to support.

Every club has a board of directors that make transfer decisions, the simple fact is BD finds in necessary to talk about our AP publicly yet when he came to us it would have been blatently clear that this is the way the club works, if he doesn't like it then he he has 2 choices. In and ideal world the manager would hire and fire the playing staff but football is not an ideal world, infact it is a fantasy land that does my head right in!!

As supporters we are never happy, can we not just back the players every match, home or away and just live in hope of a couple of decent signings sooner rather than later, if we don;t then it's................square pegs & round holes., Billy likes that phrase :-)

Nigel Clough

Bellamy's move is only a loan.. Plus the transfer embargo has been lifted.

Youth Team

Quote Originally Posted by uredsuns View Post
    But don't they still have a transfer embargo in place?
    That was lifted 2 weeks ago

yam

They have to pay his wages now or at least a big chunk of them. Wasn't he on £90K per week at Man City?

Rice IV

It was lifted the day we were rumoured to have bought Whittingham.

I don't understand how these clubs operate. Where have they got financing from?