Welcome to the LTLF Forest Forum.
Page 4 of 146 FirstFirst ... 234561454104 ... LastLast
    Best served cold

Default Re: £1.5m bid tabled in writing today for Whittingham

And mcgoogle

I would love commons to have stayed. As fat, lazy and injury prone as he was....on his day he could be magical on the field.

"I've been blessed with many things in this life: an arm like a damn rocket, a c**k like a burmese python, and the mind of a f**king scientist" - Kenny Powers

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

Ian Storey-Moore

Commons was one of the most frustrating players I've ever seen. That said I'll always remember his contribution to the last game of the 07/08 season against Yeovil - with the possible exception of the Spurs FA Cup match a few years prior it was by far and away the best performance I saw him give for Forest.

Then he pissed off.

Rice IV

Indeed, if not for him on that final day we wouldn't have been promoted. We would have entered the playoffs, and then we all know what would have happened!

Talk to me, Goose.

Grenville Morris

Quote Originally Posted by Rich View Post
    Indeed, if not for him on that final day we wouldn't have been promoted. We would have entered the playoffs, and then we all know what would have happened!
    Glorious victory at Wembley.

Matchday Squad

Quote Originally Posted by Tutts View Post
    Glorious victory at Wembley.
    do forest know of such thing

Nigel Clough

What is this 'Wembley' you speak of?

yam

Quote Originally Posted by Jon NFFC View Post
    do forest know of such thing
    not for the last couple of decades

Resident foodie!

Rich, speaking of Commons, do you remember that glorious victory over Leyton Orient at the City Ground? I believe you said "Only Commons has the ability to turn a game just like that" right before he either set up a goal or scored one himself. Not sure which.

Ian Storey-Moore

I reckon the fat bastrd will have a decent season for direby, fighting relegation will be his only achievement (other than staying fit)

Quote Originally Posted by incapable hulk View Post
    And mcgoogle

I would love commons to have stayed. As fat, lazy and injury prone as he was....on his day he could be magical on the field.
    Hang on!!! lets not forget .....commons showed his true feelings and will never be talked about as a descent guy in any shape or form. f**k commons and f**k his values as he has none. How can anyone bare the mark of a team then play for their rivals? your almost worshipping they guy!! think a moment guys The bloke deserves NOTHING from us as fans and will get f**k all from me apart from a smack in the mouth. (theoretically Obviously).

Samuel

He did what was best for him and his family, that I can respect.

He put in a proper shift against Yeovil on the final day, scoring a good goal and genuinely working hard. Yes he went to Derby, but he left us some great memories and now he is making his family more financially better off, and family becomes before football.

First Team

and forest never actualy offered him a deal from what I was told so he had to take what was on offer.

still dont like him though

Nigel Clough

Not to mention being a fair size drain on the Direby resources.

Saw him last night in Nottingham....on the Cardiff City team coach

In all honesty though, I hope that Forest are taking the chance to speak with Cardiff/Whittingham while they are in town

Rice 34

Quote Originally Posted by Samwell View Post
    He did what was best for him and his family, that I can respect.

He put in a proper shift against Yeovil on the final day, scoring a good goal and genuinely working hard. Yes he went to Derby, but he left us some great memories and now he is making his family more financially better off, and family becomes before football.
    I agree, in the land of football pantomime we can hate him on the pitch but let's be honest he made a financially correct decision for his family. It's not the same as Robbie savage who people dislike for his personality, appearance and style of play.

Hopefully whittingham comes and shows that he can perform as well as he did last season.

Zycomm Two Way Radio

Ian Storey-Moore

Quote Originally Posted by RICH1977 View Post
    and forest never actualy offered him a deal from what I was told so he had to take what was on offer.

still dont like him though
    But that was because he'd already agreed to join the sheep.

First Team

yes because at the time forest asked him to wait and see what league we where in at the end of the season untill any deal was agreed, thats like your boss saying dont take that new job just yet give us 6 months to offer you less than this job has offered you anyway.

I hate commons for the way he celebrated against us at derby I would of hopped he behaved like tevez when he scored against west ham. but as has been said commons gave us the best gift he could a performance that helped us win promotion

Last edited by RICH1977; 24-07-10 at 13:23.

Nigel Clough

Has anyone else wondered if tabling the bid in carved stone tablets or semaphores might have seen us do better? Seriously, what else were they going to table it in?

Matchday Squad
    New ollerton and trust me, it's no better than the old one

yes because at the time forest asked him to wait and see what league we where in at the end of the season untill any deal was agreed, thats like your boss saying dont take that new job just yet give us 6 months to offer you less than this job has offered you anyway.

I hate commons for the way he celebrated against us at derby I would of hopped he behaved like tezez when he scored against west ham. but as has been said commons gave us the best gift he could a performance that helped us win promotion
    I thought he would only sign a one year extension the previous season to see where we would end up, we gained promotion and he still fucked off.

Last edited by ShakeyRed; 24-07-10 at 10:09.
    COYR

Originally Posted by Carnero https://bit.ly/2LVWO8R
    Don't know how anyone can look at that squad and say "Forest will definitely be up there" like I've read from some on here!

10th at best.

Best served cold

Quote Originally Posted by richie1973 View Post
    Hang on!!! lets not forget .....commons showed his true feelings and will never be talked about as a descent guy in any shape or form. f**k commons and f**k his values as he has none. How can anyone bare the mark of a team then play for their rivals? your almost worshipping they guy!! think a moment guys The bloke deserves NOTHING from us as fans and will get f**k all from me apart from a smack in the mouth. (theoretically Obviously).
    Wow, quite a rant there. I didnt actually say he deserved anything, or that he was a decent guy nor was there any hint of worship.

But I'm not going to lie, when commons was on form and not injured or being lazy- he was awesome.

So sit down, and shurrup

Thats not the clubs fault though, when he signed his 1 year extension, he said he would only consider re-signing at the end of the season, if forest got promoted

Thats why him moving to derby was so laughable, as he blamed forest for not offering him a contract before the end of the season, even though we didnt get promoted till the very last day.

The guy is complete prat.

Last edited by incapable hulk; 24-07-10 at 11:48.

First Team

im sure he asked for a provisional contract from forest which he would sign if we where promoted but forest refused to have any kind of negotiation until the season ended, and he tried to play derby against forest to get more money but forest wouldnt play ball.

this is what brother told me at the time and he apparently was told by mark aurthor whom he plays cricket with at flintham

yam

Calderwood always maintained that Commons told him he would not sign a new contract at Forest under any circumstances.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/foot...ty/7414281.stm

Fuck him, he can't spell Chris right anyway.

Ian Storey-Moore

Quote Originally Posted by yamyam View Post
    Calderwood always maintained that Commons told him he would not sign a new contract at Forest under any circumstances.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/foot...ty/7414281.stm

Fuck him, he can't spell Chris right anyway.
    Going over old ground here, but someone I know who knows fatboy, saw him around April time, and was told "I'm signing for De**y, Calderwood hasn't got a clue", so the above quote would be about right (as long as CC was manager)

Last one standing

Didn't he say he'd moved to Derby as they had a better chance of promotion? (yeah, well done Kris)

Or am I confusing it with Clingan and Norwich, where he pretty much said the above?

Wink Re: £1.5m bid tabled in writing today for Whittingham

Quote Originally Posted by incapable hulk View Post
    Wow, quite a rant there. I didnt actually say he deserved anything, or that he was a decent guy nor was there any hint of worship.

But I'm not going to lie, when commons was on form and not injured or being lazy- he was awesome.

So sit down, and shurrup

Thats not the clubs fault though, when he signed his 1 year extension, he said he would only consider re-signing at the end of the season, if forest got promoted

Thats why him moving to derby was so laughable, as he blamed forest for not offering him a contract before the end of the season, even though we didnt get promoted till the very last day.

The guy is complete prat.
    Sit down and shurrup? you honestly think that he is/was any better than what we have now? our aim is the prem is it not? and your singing songs of praise about commons, lol. Think you need to take a long look in the mirror before you start telling others to sit down and shurrup!!! You can always nip down the a52 for another look/admire if you fancy? ha, ha

Enough said. bye, bye.