Welcome to the LTLF Forest Forum.
Page 48 of 146 FirstFirst ... 3846474849505898 ... LastLast
Results 1,176 to 1,200 of 3630

Default Re: The Peter Whittingham Saga

Quote Originally Posted by nottinghambluebird View Post
    quite frankly speaking to the press about other clubs players is a disgrace. Im sure your lot would be fuming if gethin jenkins came out and stated he knew one of your stars had rejected a contract and wanted to join cardiff.
    Not really, no... if what's being said is true. We knew PW had rejected a contract before Arthur spoke about it anyway. He also made it clear he'd been told Whittingham wanted to come and as such was answering direct questions about the issue by mentioning one of the reasons for why we are doing what we are doing.

Cardiff are the last team to be bleating about shady dealings and Jenkins is doing what he was hired for - not being Hammam or Ridsdale and galvanising the fanbase into attention on other clubs as opposed to the mess at Cardiff.

If a Forest player rejects a contract and has stated they want to be elsewhere, fine! Thanks for the effort and I hope we get a good fee for you. This is football, where real tapping-up (not just this answering questions in the media furore) happens all the time and always has. Jenkins need to understand the Dragons were in a much fluffier, more parochial world than Cardiff City live in and concentrate on paying back the many millions his new club owes. If not to prevent a collapse of the club that should have happened some months ago then for the sake of the dignity of loyal Cardiff fans who've not asked for the off-pitch embarrassment their club has foisted upon them in recent times.

Playing the scouse 'victim' card isn't going to do it though. And as for Chopra, he's only any good at Cardiff so he'd be better off staying.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

Ian Storey-Moore

http://www.bbc.co.uk/dna/606/A72763455

This guy seems to know his stuff.

Quote Originally Posted by stuc View Post
    Well done guys and gals, this thread has now had more views than the Matt Mills one!
    **** Matt Mills!

Quote Originally Posted by TheFamousTeam View Post

Yeah - he's apparently Twiggy of Trent FM fame. I reckon he could be, too.

Special Agent Dale Cooper

what

Here it is, in case it gets taken down on 606

Hello, I am me, I've always been me, and still will be me tomorrow and the next day. I am a 34" waist and drink Southern Comfort on a Friday because its made with oranges so i count it as one of my '5 a day' (for the benefit of Cide ben and jerrys and galaxy)

Now for the interesting bit.

I have been told the following facts:

1 - Peter Whittingham (as stated last week) will be joining us imminently.

2 - Mark Arthur was given permission to make a statement to the BBC regarding transfer target(s) to put the Welsh club (CCFC) in an awkward position.

Following a problem with a 'pay as you earn' bill from the first quarter of this year, Cardiff said they had no means of which to pay and so were taken to court by revenues.
    Cardiff were given a reasonable amount of time in which to come up with the payment or at least part of it and a plan going forward.
    Part of this money was payed by new investors which had to be paid back in full from club revenue ASAP as "they had not invested to pay off debt of a previously mismanaged organisation"
    A 'brown bag' payment was made to CCFC involving the 'free' transfer of Joe Ledley which reimbursed the investors outlay for the part payment of said tax bill.
    HMRC are still owed a BIG proportion of this debt but the club have stated that their players are not attracting serious bids/amounts which in turn prevents them from having the funds available to pay their bill in full.
    HMRC were then given another payment toward the outstanding bill and were handed a business plan which was based upon the transfer embargo being lifted (which HMRC subsequently did)
    Peter Whittingham's representatives (in an attempt to push the deal through) told Forest to go public with the news that they have tabled a serious offer, the player wants to come and will not be signing a new deal which makes it common knowledge (through the press) that Forest ARE offering the money to Cardiff that they say is not available to pay HMRC's debt.
    The tax bill is set to increase as yet more payments have not been made on time. (set to become public shortly)

That's why the Welsh club are furious because of the tactic that has been employed.

The Darren Pratley saga will rumble on for the foreseeable I'm sorry to say.

QPR have upped their interest which may scupper Forests bid.

Twigg

Do not be suprised if this article is removed in quick time.

Wally Ardron

Bore off twigge!

Nigel Clough

Quote Originally Posted by TheFamousTeam View Post

Quote Originally Posted by Sheepshagger on 606
    Funny how you little Tricky Trees get all excited about buying average players. As always we look forward to seeing you soon......... (with or without.who are they?...Pratingham & Whitley?)......You've got to laugh!
    Average player? He was the top goal scorer in the league last season you retard. Speaking of poor players, you lot signed Dean Moxey from Exeter, Jake Buxton from Burton, Ben Pringle from Ilkeston, Saul Deeney from Burton, John Brayford from Crewe, James Bailey from Crewe, Dave Martin from Millwall.. I rest my case!

I don't even think Twiggy from Trent FM is a Forest fan

TheDude

he's a wrong'un that Twiggy a pure stone cold wrong'un

Special Agent Dale Cooper

**** me, Its ****ing not ****ing twiggy

****ing hell

Grenville Morris

Quote Originally Posted by Henry Lee View Post
    **** me, Its ****ing not ****ing twiggy

****ing hell
    What are you implying?

Matchday Squad

eh...ok...eh...so is Whittingham coming to Forest??

TheDude

instead of the chant of Nottingham, Nottingham, Nottingham before a game will we be shouting Whittingham, Whittingham, Whittingham. I think so.

Wally Ardron

Quote Originally Posted by nottmdude View Post
    Dexter is a nice lad he's no gangster
    My brother is a copper in Nottingham and lets just say Dexter is no angel and has links with a few nerfarious Nottingham characters. Brap Brap.

Wally Ardron

I think the Twiggy in question runs (or helps run) the Heanor Branch Supporters club bus.

http://www.nottinghamforest.co.uk/pa...,10308,00.html

having used the bus on many occasions hes never seemed to be in the know as such but who knows. if my mate who knows him better was on british shores he might have text him to find out but o well hes in greece.

ive gone all over qpr sites and can find nuffing regarding them uping any offer...lol

A. Trialist
    Lower Trent Bridge End - not where I live, but where I feel most alive

Anyone read Jame Joyce's Ullyses? The sixty page long sentence ending in "YES" would bear no comparison to the multual ejactualtion if we come to a climax all over the closing transfer window and sign Whittigham and Pratley.

Grenville Morris

apparantly Ipswich have given up on Chopra and are now offering money + Stead for McCormack?!

Grenville Morris

I've heard we're signing Jim Brennan. Now that I've said this, has anyone else read/heard about this?

.k I m
    I m u mm

Wally Ardron

My mate is very good mates with Jims mum and she said that maple syrup goes best with scotch pancakes. I can 100% say that this means Jim is coming and the bald man is in the car park.

Rice 34

Quote Originally Posted by edgardinho View Post
    Jim is coming and the bald man is in the car park.
    Euphemism?

This has to be the most ugly and stressful transfer window anyone has endured, I even dreamt about it.

Zycomm Two Way Radio

Cardiff City have signed Hull City midfielder Seyi Olofinjana on a season-long loan.

one in one out ?

No wonder my post count..

If he signs, I say we print off this whole thread and mail it to him.

MOTHERFUCKINGDEXTERBLOODYBLACKSTOCKOHMYFUCKINGGODY ESGETINYOUMOTHERFUCKERS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    FUCKINGHAVESOMEOFTHATYOUCUNTS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!