Welcome to the LTLF Forest Forum.
Page 23 of 146 FirstFirst ... 1321222324253373123 ... LastLast
    Special Agent Dale Cooper

Default Re: latest

Quote Originally Posted by Rich View Post
    Hey Bad Dog, I think we all appreciate any info, and you're always gonna get some people who disagree with what you say, but any chance fo cooling the hostility? This isn't that kind of forum, dude.

People are free to disagree with you, and people are free to agree with you.

I can just see this thread going the way many do on a forum that shall not be named.
    prick

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

Quote Originally Posted by Lew. View Post
    It is hardly ever made public who we attempt to sign.
    Yes. But in this case Whittingham's Club has made an official Statement, rejecting Forest's written offer of £1 million. Today. It's now on record.

If we HAD bid £2 million, and all of this was signed and sealed, that statement woukd not have gone out today.

So the assumption that this is a DONE DEAL is crap.

It may YET happen, sure. But if Cardiff are now going back to contract talks the likelihood of any such deal being done become very slim. And all but right off his alledged signing by Friday even in the unlikely situation that he may yet sign.

No DONE DEAL. I'd say that effectively this one is now dead. Because his price tage will go up if the embargo is lifted. We have missed our chance.

Ale ape.

Quote Originally Posted by RedTom View Post
    2 words.. George Boyd
    Don't believe everything you read, dude. Despite what was reported, and thanks in no small part to a very cleverly constructed deal on the part of the AP, we paid a lot less than that for Boyd.

Jack Armstrong

Quote Originally Posted by Midland Red View Post
    Oddly enough, I like it when Forest sign 3 players, for them to have... oh, I dunno... ACTUALLY have SIGNED. And not just be some speculative cod shit by an idiot on a forum.
    I think he was joking when he said he's signed like Shorey and Pratley.... Sorry if that (and the big laughing smiley to compound it) went over your head.

Edit:

There we go!

30/09/2021: It's only 8 points to the play-offs. Doesn't matter if we're 20th having lost three times as many games as we've won so far. I fancy us now that Hughton's gone.

Wally Ardron

Quote Originally Posted by congo_red View Post
    Don't believe everything you read, dude. Despite what was reported, and thanks in no small part to a very cleverly constructed deal on the part of the AP, we paid a lot less than that for Boyd.
    My bad, sorry..

What were the rough details of that deal anyway?? I thought he was good when I saw him against Swansea, and that was pretty much the last of it!

Youth Team

Quote Originally Posted by Rich View Post
    Hey Bad Dog, I think we all appreciate any info, and you're always gonna get some people who disagree with what you say, but any chance fo cooling the hostility? This isn't that kind of forum, dude.

People are free to disagree with you, and people are free to agree with you.

I can just see this thread going the way many do on a forum that shall not be named.

I didn't realise I was being hostile? Wasn't intentional?

Ian Storey-Moore

I'm normally very sceptical given the farcical reports on this website by a certain few, who quite frankly know jack shite.

However, looking today at Newsnow, yes we have had bids rejected but I have a sneaky suspicion that our 1million bid is playing into a certain script that we have all seen before.

I understand Cardiff believe 1million is a joke? he has 12months left on his contact and a bunch of creditors vying for welsh blood. All Forest need to do is simply raise that by 2, 300 thou and I don't think Cardiff will have any option but sell him.

The reason I say this is because when the creditors see one bid rejected, yes they can take it because they obviously think Cardiff can get more. One higher bid is another altogether, because their asset could well clear off on a free in 12 months.

Do the biz Forest, seal it.

No wonder my post count..

Don't believe everything you read, dude.
    Which is why I'm dealing with a lot of salt right now on this thread.

MOTHERFUCKINGDEXTERBLOODYBLACKSTOCKOHMYFUCKINGGODY ESGETINYOUMOTHERFUCKERS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    FUCKINGHAVESOMEOFTHATYOUCUNTS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Nigel Clough

sporting life are saying bid rejected

Ale ape.

My bad, sorry..

What were the rough details of that deal anyway?? I thought he was good when I saw him against Swansea, and that was pretty much the last of it!
    It wasn't made public. Essentially the deal was structured that Peterborough got a %of the fee based on how many games he played whilst he was here...Billy was made aware of that, but wasn't under any pressure to not play him. A future fee was also agreed and Peterborough would have got the full £500k plus an additional transfer fee of £1.5m if we'd made the deal permanent.

Rich...there is a guy on vital that posts under the name Richard jack Crunch..is he taking the piss or something?

Ale ape.

Quote Originally Posted by tomharding View Post
    Which is why I'm dealing with a lot of salt right now on this thread.
    Too much salt is bad for you though!

Default Re: £1.5m bid tabled in writing today for Whittingham

names being named? what? I didnt say that, and I didnt say anything about starting any processes now.

All Im saying is this:-

Do you know (And I mean actually REALLY know) how easy or hard it is to sign a specific player in the real football world?
    I sure dont.

its not football fucking manager its reality.

Matchday Squad

Yes. But in this case Whittingham's Club has made an official Statement, rejecting Forest's written offer of £1 million. Today. It's now on record.

If we HAD bid £2 million, and all of this was signed and sealed, that statement woukd not have gone out today.

So the assumption that this is a DONE DEAL is crap.

It may YET happen, sure. But if Cardiff are now going back to contract talks the likelihood of any such deal being done become very slim. And all but right off his alledged signing by Friday even in the unlikely situation that he may yet sign.

No DONE DEAL. I'd say that effectively this one is now dead. Because his price tage will go up if the embargo is lifted. We have missed our chance.
    You do know they rejected it yesterday aye?

But surely we could ring up, offer £1 million, and that gets rejected. The TAP will probably have a figure they can offer, and with out first bid rejected ring up with a new £2 million bid, which Cardiff then do accept. Cardiff release that they have rejected a £1 million offer from Forest to the press, keeping their fans pleased. They announce in a few days that the embargo has been lifted, but unfortunately Whittingham had to be sold to pay it off.

Best served cold

Quote Originally Posted by RobbieLePop View Post
    I think he was joking when he said he's signed like Shorey and Pratley.... Sorry if that (and the big laughing smiley to compound it) went over your head.

Edit:

There we go!
    Indeed. I'm glad someone understood it!

"I've been blessed with many things in this life: an arm like a damn rocket, a c**k like a burmese python, and the mind of a f**king scientist" - Kenny Powers

Quote Originally Posted by GWM View Post
    sporting life are saying bid rejected
    The £1 million bid has been rejected, is what it is saying.

A few sources are reporting a new increased bid, which hasn't been rejected

Official Photographer

Quote Originally Posted by thehockleyhustler View Post
    Rich...there is a guy on vital that posts under the name Richard jack Crunch..is he taking the piss or something?
    hahaha

I bet he's into bloodsports!

Wally Ardron

It wasn't made public. Essentially the deal was structured that Peterborough got a %of the fee based on how many games he played whilst he was here...Billy was made aware of that, but wasn't under any pressure to not play him. A future fee was also agreed and Peterborough would have got the full £500k plus an additional transfer fee of £1.5m if we'd made the deal permanent.
    Hmmm, interesting.. I know there are some clever people out there when it comes to writing contracts etc..

We had a guy at work, who was writing up a contract for a construction project and wrote in there that every Friday the contractor was to supply bacon cobs on site.. The contractor obviously being naive didnt bother reading every line of the contract and the first Friday of the build the guy I used to work with turned up asking for his bacon cob.. Since then it was free bacon cobs every week for 24 weeks

Totally un-football related, I know.. But its situations like this that make you think that maybe the AP isnt such a bad thing after all??

Banned

The reason you see lots of "Failed to sign" in the media and papers is its the selling clubs and the players agents letting the world know that someone else can come in and better the bid on the table from Forest, if they want to and can do.

Its just the last attempt at a big of advertising, before they have to accept the offer on the table from Forest, which would then be "an undisclosed fee" agreed.

We all know Cardiff said there embargo would be lifted by the end of the week despite not having two pots to urine in.

So it definitely suggest either Whittingham or Chopra is going or even both, I think it will be both, one so they can pay the debt and have some cash to restructer the squad.

I believe this is happening, have for days.

A. Trialist

Smile Re: latest

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	pwnf.jpg 
Views:	148 
Size:	52.6 KB 
ID:	654

Blimey! I just hacked this off the OS....looks like it's official!

(honestly)

Quote Originally Posted by peterollingin View Post
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	pwnf.jpg 
Views:	148 
Size:	52.6 KB 
ID:	654

Blimey! I just hacked this off the OS....looks like it's official!

(honestly)
    He has a MASSIVE head

Ale ape.

Hmmm, interesting.. I know there are some clever people out there when it comes to writing contracts etc..
    I'm one of those people! Although i've not had the confidence to try anything too outrageous yet!

Wally Ardron

Quote Originally Posted by JWJW View Post
    The reason you see lots of "Failed to sign" in the media and papers is its the selling clubs and the players agents letting the world know that someone else can come in and better the bid on the table from Forest, if they want to and can do.

Its just the last attempt at a big of advertising, before they have to accept the offer on the table from Forest, which would then be "an undisclosed fee" agreed.
    Bang on.

Whether or not that is happening here is a different matter!