Welcome to the LTLF Forest Forum.
Page 22 of 146 FirstFirst ... 1220212223243272122 ... LastLast

Default Re: latest

I'm actually finding all this pretty amusing for a change.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

Matchday Squad

Yesterday, a Cardiff fan I know from another forum linked one of their forums and a thread.

The thread was about the embargo.

Cardiff believe they need £2m to get this lifted.

And we've offered £2m...

The Boss

Quote Originally Posted by Rich View Post
    Cheers for the clarification.

Any idea who the two loans we're seeking are?
    Doughty did say in the interview on Forest Player that they were looking at a couple of top end championship players to sign and a couple of premier league players to come in on loan - although i might have just imagined that, will go and watch the video again

Can't Re Member

I trust OTT and Congos mate with the binoculars.

Youth Team

[QUOTE=thehockleyhustler;1062017]Are you saying we wouldn't want to announce it today as we don't want to make BBC, Skysports etc look silly? lol[/QUOTE

no i actually said it would make them look stupid if it was announced today, i never said we wouldnt announce it because of this!

Best served cold

So hes signed, like shorey and pratley. What on earth are people moaning about...we'll walk this league

"I've been blessed with many things in this life: an arm like a damn rocket, a c**k like a burmese python, and the mind of a f**king scientist" - Kenny Powers

Default Re: £1.5m bid tabled in writing today for Whittingham

Quote Originally Posted by puds1970 View Post
    Jimbo if your hinting that fans want to sign anyone for the sake of it. Were not real Madrid we don't need to spend £10m to improve our squad.
    I mean we could easily improve our LB position without breaking the bank couldn't we.
    dude, you say that, but is it really ture.

i mean, imagine for a second you are the chairman of say.... palace.
    youve got a half decent LB. (may or may not be correct, I cant be arsed with research)
    you hear forest are interested, who have a documented need for a LB, so you hike your price knowing forest to be 'wealthy'
    but as we know, forest are no mugs in transfers anymore, and offer a bid way under your request.
    this makes you get pissy and not want to sell, as the value you came up with (which you plucked out of the sky) suddenly becomes very important to you.

then there is the issue of the players agent telling him he should stay in London for many reasons...

Youth Team

I know there's been alot of shit this summer, may I add not of it from me.

Shorey is still a big possiblity no Prem clubs in for him yet, but Whitts is different, I honestly think they will announce him tomorrow in the new Forest shirt, I say friday latest because Cardiff need the cash to compete on the weekend with there new players.

He's signed, forget him, now think about whos next...

Quote Originally Posted by Lew. View Post
    Yesterday, a Cardiff fan I know from another forum linked one of their forums and a thread.

The thread was about the embargo.

Cardiff believe they need £2m to get this lifted.

And we've offered £2m...
    Only we havven't. We have offered £1 million. And it has been rejected.

Quote Originally Posted by incapable hulk View Post
    So hes signed, like shorey and pratley. What on earth are people moaning about...we'll walk this league
    Oddly enough, I like it when Forest sign 3 players, for them to have... oh, I dunno... ACTUALLY have SIGNED. And not just be some speculative cod shit by an idiot on a forum.

we dont need any of these players with thronhill back in contention!

Matchday Squad

Quote Originally Posted by Midland Red View Post

Oddly enough, I like it when Forest sign 3 players, for them to have... oh, I dunno... ACTUALLY have SIGNED. And not just be some speculative cod shit by an idiot on a forum.
    Read the thread, please, ffs.

Youth Team

Do you think the papers know everything instantly?

Bare in mind Cardiff are in alot of debt and want to keep there incomings fairly in house.

That bid is wrong and the new bid was agreed, accept it for once and see that not everyone talks shite.

Not long to wait now

Youth Team

Quote Originally Posted by bad dog View Post
    2mill fee agreed, terms agreed last night with Whitts,.
    The 2million fee really does make me think youve just added that bit on even if the deal has been agreed because ND isnt stupid enough to waste up to half a million pounds if he doesnt need to.He isnt a stupid man and our bid would more than likely pay for Cardiff to get out the shit...they struggling as it is to even get a squad together at the weekend so i believe Doughty would have been very astute with figures.id hazard a guess around 1.3- 1.4 million with a large ammount paid upfront.

I want to see this on the OS

Youth Team

Quote Originally Posted by Sgt.Reddog View Post
    The 2million fee really does make me think youve just added that bit on even if the deal has been agreed because ND isnt stupid enough to waste up to half a million pounds if he doesnt need to.He isnt a stupid man and our bid would more than likely pay for Cardiff to get out the shit...they struggling as it is to even get a squad together at the weekend so i believe Doughty would have been very astute with figures.id hazard a guess around 1.3- 1.4 million with a large ammount paid upfront.
    They need 2mill to get out of the Embargo, it isn't made up. Think what you like, wait and see

Viv Anderson

Default Re: £1.5m bid tabled in writing today for Whittingham

Quote Originally Posted by jimbo View Post
    dude, you say that, but is it really ture.

i mean, imagine for a second you are the chairman of say.... palace.
    youve got a half decent LB. (may or may not be correct, I cant be arsed with research)
    you hear forest are interested, who have a documented need for a LB, so you hike your price knowing forest to be 'wealthy'
    but as we know, forest are no mugs in transfers anymore, and offer a bid way under your request.
    this makes you get pissy and not want to sell, as the value you came up with (which you plucked out of the sky) suddenly becomes very important to you.

then there is the issue of the players agent telling him he should stay in London for many reasons...
    Jimbo we need a LB and as of now, 3 days before the start of the season and having had months to find one still nobody.
    Don't kid yourself we could easily find one better than what we currently have.
    As for names being leaked to the press by club insiders/fans and the selling clubs putting extra on the fee and agents also stirring the pot up to get the best deal for their clients, these are things that always happen nowdays and always will happen with the amount of money involved in the game now. and were not exclusive to this.

Quote Originally Posted by bad dog View Post
    Do you think the papers know everything instantly?

Bare in mind Cardiff are in alot of debt and want to keep there incomings fairly in house.

That bid is wrong and the new bid was agreed, accept it for once and see that not everyone talks shite.

Not long to wait now
    There's a vast leap in logic between the amount of money required in order for Cardiff to lift their Trasfer embargo, the speculative possibility of their actually intending to sign ANY players before the season starts, Forest possibly upping their bid, and it being Forest's bid of exactly £2 million - as opposed to ANY OTHER CLUB, for ANY OTHER player or Players - all coming together at the same time, as speculated here...

And REALITY.

It's great Theory. But it is only that. Based on assumptions which Cardiff have now publicly cast off with an Official statement rejecting an offer from Forest of half that £2 million price tag.

There is no evidence of any other offer from Forest. It remains pure forum talk.

Youth Team

it will be undisclosed anyway so i will never see and neither will you lol

Matchday Squad

There's a vast leap in logic between the amount of money required in order for Cardiff to lift their Trasfer embargo, the speculative possibility of their actually intending to sign ANY players before the season starts, Forest possibly upping their bid, and it being Forest's bid of exactly £2 million - as opposed to ANY OTHER CLUB, for ANY OTHER player or Players - all coming together at the same time, as speculated here...

And REALITY.

It's great Theory. But it is only that. Based on assumptions which Cardiff have now publicly cast off with an Official statement rejecting an offer from Forest of half that £2 million price tag.

There is no evidence of any other offer from Forest. It remains pure forum talk.
    It is hardly ever made public who we attempt to sign.

Youth Team

like I say the proof will be in the pudding, this is my last post on the matter till you see Whitts in the Forest shirt. (besides the reply below ha ha)

Youth Team

it will be undisclosed anyway so i will never see and neither will you lol
    I already know...

I would think it probs would be undisclosed though, but you never know.

deleted

Now if only there was someone on the forum who works in the Forest shop and has recently been printing shirts ... Whittingham ... that's a lot of letters.

Wally Ardron

2 words.. George Boyd

Rice IV

Hey Bad Dog, I think we all appreciate any info, and you're always gonna get some people who disagree with what you say, but any chance fo cooling the hostility? This isn't that kind of forum, dude.

People are free to disagree with you, and people are free to agree with you.

I can just see this thread going the way many do on a forum that shall not be named.

Talk to me, Goose.

Quote Originally Posted by Antonios Gubba View Post
    Now if only there was someone on the forum who works in the Forest shop and has recently been printing shirts ... Whittingham ... that's a lot of letters.
    That would be mine. I also have Shorey, Pratley and Danns shirts on their way. I'm very forward thinking like that