Welcome to the LTLF Forest Forum.
Page 120 of 146 FirstFirst ... 2070110118119120121122130 ... LastLast
Results 2,976 to 3,000 of 3630
  1. #2976
    lard
    Guest

    Default Re: The Peter Whittingham Saga

    I had a dream last night he had signed on loan and had just scored his first goal for us..........this is starting to worry me now lol


  2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

  3. #2977
    Last one standing
    Join Date
    Mar 2004
    Posts
    25,724

    Default

    I take it sedgred and winnits scared off our Cardiff friend? He believed he was getting the upper hand over everyone on here before those two began to destroy him emotionally.


  4. #2978
    yam
    Guest

    Default Re: The Peter Whittingham Saga

    Interesting development for our second set of wooly friends

    http://tribalfootball.com/welsh-fa-a...iction-1088991

    The Welsh football association (FAW) will keep Cardiff City and Swansea City under its jurisdiction despite a strong push by the English Football Association to claim the two clubs, reports the Western Mail.
    The issue has come up because many clubs in the English system feel that Cardiff and Swansea get an easy ride with the Welsh FA especially in regard to matters of player discipline.
    Also, if either of the teams is promoted they will have to go with the English FA. The Premier League is introducing new rules stipulating that teams can only play in the competition if they are affiliated to the English FA.

    Up yours taffy


  5. #2979
    Last one standing
    Join Date
    Mar 2004
    Posts
    25,724

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by yamyam View Post
    Interesting development for our second set of wooly friends

    http://tribalfootball.com/welsh-fa-a...iction-1088991

    The Welsh football association (FAW) will keep Cardiff City and Swansea City under its jurisdiction despite a strong push by the English Football Association to claim the two clubs, reports the Western Mail.
    The issue has come up because many clubs in the English system feel that Cardiff and Swansea get an easy ride with the Welsh FA especially in regard to matters of player discipline.
    Also, if either of the teams is promoted they will have to go with the English FA. The Premier League is introducing new rules stipulating that teams can only play in the competition if they are affiliated to the English FA.

    Up yours taffy
    If the Premier League enforce that rule, why don't the Football League?


  6. #2980
    Ian Storey-Moore
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Posts
    2,676

    Default Re: The Peter Whittingham Saga

    Quote Originally Posted by Col View Post
    If the Premier League enforce that rule, why don't the Football League?
    Probably because the prem introducing that rule now doesn't affect any existing member clubs so there will be no opposition, whereas in the FL the welsh clubs are going to fight it tooth and nail and the FAW will go crying to UEFA again.


  7. #2981
    yam
    Guest

    Default Re: The Peter Whittingham Saga

    Quote Originally Posted by Col View Post
    If the Premier League enforce that rule, why don't the Football League?
    Good question.

    Ever thought Hadrian built his wall along the wrong border?


  8. #2982
    Rice # 42
    Join Date
    Mar 2004
    Location
    The Hucknall
    Posts
    6,705

    Default Re: The Peter Whittingham Saga

    Quote Originally Posted by yamyam View Post
    Good question.

    Ever thought Hadrian built his wall along the wrong border?



  9. #2983
    Matchday Squad
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Location
    Stoke/Mansfield/Nottingham
    Posts
    750

    Default Re: The Peter Whittingham Saga

    Quote Originally Posted by yamyam View Post
    Good question.

    Ever thought Hadrian built his wall along the wrong border?
    Or didn't build it long enough and with a southward 90 degree turn?


  10. #2984
    Wally Ardron
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Posts
    2,249

    Default Re: The Peter Whittingham Saga

    What about Offa's Dyke ? [awaits witty lesbian orientated riposte]


  11. #2985
    winnits
    Guest

    Default Re: The Peter Whittingham Saga

    Didn't a Dutch boy put his finger in her?


  12. #2986
    Matchday Squad
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Posts
    861

    Default Re: The Peter Whittingham Saga

    just another post to add


  13. #2987
    A. Trialist
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    Mansfield
    Posts
    56

    Default Re: The Peter Whittingham Saga

    and another


  14. #2988
    Rice # 42
    Join Date
    Mar 2004
    Location
    The Hucknall
    Posts
    6,705

    Default Re: The Peter Whittingham Saga

    just one more.


  15. #2989
    Last one standing
    Join Date
    Mar 2004
    Posts
    25,724

    Default

    If you're not careful guys, I'll invite Bloo back for some interesting conversation - it'll surely pep this thread up again. lol


  16. #2990
    Viv Anderson
    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Location
    Speluncarrum Domus
    Posts
    11,047

    Default Re: The Peter Whittingham Saga



    I fell in love with football as I was later to fall in love with women,. Suddenly, uncritically giving no thought to the pain it could bring. - Nick Hornby

  17. #2991
    Viv Anderson
    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Location
    Speluncarrum Domus
    Posts
    11,047

    Default Re: The Peter Whittingham Saga




  18. #2992
    TheDude
    Guest

    Default Re: The Peter Whittingham Saga

    lol Ali G show was so funny


  19. #2993
    yam
    Guest

    Default Re: The Peter Whittingham Saga

    Quote Originally Posted by alabamared View Post
    The Welshness of Rorke's Drift was overstated. The 24th Regiment of Foot was actually the Warwickshire regiment at the time (although it did recruit in Wales as well as the midlands), it didn't become the South Wales Borderers until the army was reorganised 2 years later. 49 of the soldiers were English and only 32 were Welsh (with 16 Irish and 22 others).


  20. #2994
    Viv Anderson
    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Location
    Speluncarrum Domus
    Posts
    11,047

    Default Re: The Peter Whittingham Saga

    Quote Originally Posted by yamyam View Post
    The Welshness of Rorke's Drift was overstated. The 24th Regiment of Foot was actually the Warwickshire regiment at the time (although it did recruit in Wales as well as the midlands), it didn't become the South Wales Borderers until the army was reorganised 2 years later. 49 of the soldiers were English and only 32 were Welsh (with 16 Irish and 22 others).
    I do apologise old boy!

    Is this version Welsh enough?


  21. #2995
    Ian Storey-Moore
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Location
    Darkest Wiltshire
    Posts
    4,356

    Default Re: The Peter Whittingham Saga

    I don't care who sings it, it always makes the hairs on the back of my neck stand up.

    Only those who will risk going too far can possibly find out how far one can go.

  22. #2996
    yam
    Guest

    Default Re: The Peter Whittingham Saga

    Quote Originally Posted by alabamared View Post
    I do apologise old boy!

    Is this version Welsh enough?
    No probs, wasn't aimed at you just the fact that the event is widely remembered as a welsh thing thanks to the way it was portrayed in a film.

    Who knows in 20 or 30 years perhaps people really will believe that Ben Affleck won the battle of britain.


  23. #2997
    Viv Anderson
    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Location
    Speluncarrum Domus
    Posts
    11,047

    Default Re: The Peter Whittingham Saga

    Quote Originally Posted by yamyam View Post
    Who knows in 20 or 30 years perhaps people really will believe that Ben Affleck won the battle of britain.
    You mean he didn't?


  24. #2998
    Viv Anderson
    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Location
    Speluncarrum Domus
    Posts
    11,047

    Default Re: The Peter Whittingham Saga

    Quote Originally Posted by Phooey View Post
    I don't care who sings it, it always makes the hairs on the back of my neck stand up.
    Have you tried a neck wax?


  25. #2999
    Nigel Clough
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Location
    Nottingham
    Posts
    6,678

    Default Re: The Peter Whittingham Saga




  26. #3000
    Senior Mass Debater
    Join Date
    Mar 2004
    Location
    France
    Posts
    17,498

    Default Re: The Peter Whittingham Saga

    Quote Originally Posted by RufusTFirefly View Post
    Probably because the prem introducing that rule now doesn't affect any existing member clubs so there will be no opposition, whereas in the FL the welsh clubs are going to fight it tooth and nail and the FAW will go crying to UEFA again.
    The FA have the far stronger hand here and also the moral high ground. There cannot be 2 controlling bodies within one organisation. It is the English league and the FA need to assert their authority here. If Wales wants its own Football Association it must then only run its own Leagues and if any clubs choose to play in the English League they MUST abide by the (English) FA Rules. The FAW are clearly going to back & support their 2 League Clubs to the hilt and it has to stop.
    A Large pair of balls to 25 Soho Square, London W1 Please!


 

 

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •