Welcome to the LTLF Forest Forum.
Page 109 of 146 FirstFirst ... 95999107108109110111119 ... LastLast
Results 2,701 to 2,725 of 3630

Default Re: The Peter Whittingham Saga

Right this is from a football agent, once again I quote not involved or represent whittingham or pratley so I only pass on the rumour not facts, but I spoke with him in person as he's a good friend of mine, over lunch today.

Forest have today tested the resolve of Cardiff and Swansea in one last effort to bring these 2 today. According to him the offers they have made are substantial and meet the valuation with swansea for pratley and what we believe for whittingham, which he quoted £2 mil, rising by another 500k depending on appearences, goals etc. Most of this money is offer in one lump some, up front payment.

He expects pratley to be in talks at the city ground later today or tomorrow.

With no news on the whittingham deal yet... however he understand that whittingham does still wish to come to forest and he believes a deal will be done now forest have gone in with the substantial offer.

Like I said, I just bring the rumour to you. We will all know by tomorrow afternoon lol

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

lard

one for my think skull thanks

Matchday Squad

Quote Originally Posted by uredsforever View Post
    Right this is from a football agent, once again I quote not involved or represent whittingham or pratley so I only pass on the rumour not facts, but I spoke with him in person as he's a good friend of mine, over lunch today.

Forest have today tested the resolve of Cardiff and Swansea in one last effort to bring these 2 today. According to him the offers they have made are substantial and meet the valuation with swansea for pratley and what we believe for whittingham, which he quoted £2 mil, rising by another 500k depending on appearences, goals etc. Most of this money is offer in one lump some, up front payment.

He expects pratley to be in talks at the city ground later today or tomorrow.

With no news on the whittingham deal yet... however he understand that whittingham does still wish to come to forest and he believes a deal will be done now forest have gone in with the substantial offer.

Like I said, I just bring the rumour to you. We will all know by tomorrow afternoon lol
    How would an agent with no connection to pratley or whittingham know this?

Quote Originally Posted by Tricky Tree View Post
    How would an agent with no connection to pratley or whittingham know this?
    Without too much detail becuase I am only passing on info...

Regarding the pratley deal, thats what he heard within the circles hes in. He told me it was heard from both camps, whatever that means.

The Whittingham deal is slighly different becuase he is good friends with a person who works within the company that does actually represent him.

Like I said, im just passing on the info I have.

If you ask my opinion, hes a good guy and would have no motive to mislead me, and I suppose it does make sense that we would try at least one more time.

Will we get them? well from the conversation I had today I would be more hopeful on the Pratley deal at this point.

But this is forest, no doubt we will drag our feet and realise time as passed again! Like I said just a rumour as far as I am concerned but food for thought and would make sense.

Matchday Squad

We've been trying for 9 months for Pratley. To break a deal and rush it through in little more than 24 hours is just very unlikely. I do however think that we've got more chance with Pratley than with Whittingham. Hope you're right though uredsforever.

Quote Originally Posted by Billy Hunt View Post
    We've been trying for 9 months for Pratley. To break a deal and rush it through in little more than 24 hours is just very unlikely. I do however think that we've got more chance with Pratley than with Whittingham. Hope you're right though uredsforever.
    So do I mate, becuase I think more than a seasons of progression depends on tomorrow.

Matchday Squad

When you say "rumour" (your first post), do you mean this agent you know actually has spoken to the agents involved with the players themselves, or is merely reporting to you 3rd, 4th hand meterial i.e. chinese whispers

Quote Originally Posted by Billy Hunt View Post
    When you say "rumour" (your first post), do you mean this agent you know actually has spoken to the agents involved with the players themselves, or is merely reporting to you 3rd, 4th hand meterial i.e. chinese whispers
    It is rumour as far as I am concerned, becuase nothing is official, but he is a good guy and a great friend of mine.

Pratley - I would say chinese whispers, reported from thirds parties "in both camps" he said. But he believes we have made the offer that swansea suggested they required.

Whittingham - He does know someone within his management team, not specific if that was agent, owner or on reception lol but he does understand he still wants to come (to my surprise) and we have tabled in his words a "substantial offer" that he believes Cardiff will not be able to afford to turn down and should at least trigger a conversation with the player.

I do not tend to push him becuase within most transfer deals he talks about he tells me what he can or wont compromise his postion.

Its all rumour to me until its on the OS lol but I suppose you would expect forest to at least try one last time. lol

Matchday Squad

Furry muff. Guess we'll have to wait and see. I'f you're wrong I'm going to throw a sheep's head through your front window and stand outside naked singing 'what's that coming through your window, is it a sheep's 'ed, is it a sheep's 'ed?!'

I'll try not to check the mobile internet on my phone every 7 seconds tomorrow.

Rice 34

Thanks for passing stuff on, even if it turns out to not be true or doesn't end up the way we hope, at least it makes the next 24 hours a bit more exciting.

Zycomm Two Way Radio

Resident foodie!

We aren't the only people irked by Bellamy and co's wages being paid by their own clubs rather than by Cardiff. I've seen a fair few chief sports writers in the national newspapers calling for rules to be introduced where a player must have his wages paid, in full, by the club he is loaned to.

In full is maybe going a little far, but I think there should be a 75/25 split rule.

Ian Storey-Moore

i smell bulls***

I'm glad there's something I can hold on to for the next 24 hours!

They see me trollin'

Yes, lets sign Pratley now that he's suspended!

Last one standing

Long live this thread come september the first! lol

Chippers tweeted;

.At the mo, I wdnt bet on Whitts/Pratley coming - but if they do wanna come (as sgstd), it could all change v quickly. Lots of tweeting tmrw!

So it looks like something is happening, maybe those bids my friend talked about have been tabled and accepted and talks with the players happen tomorrow, interesting times.

TheDude

is chippers playing footsie with us or is he really trying to tell us something

winnits

Neither, he's saying he doesn't know anything, which he doesn't.

TheDude

Cheers Alanzo

winnits

Happy to help

I might have a non-Internet day tomorrow!

Last one standing

Quote Originally Posted by Winnits View Post
    Happy to help

I might have a non-Internet day tomorrow!
    You'll miss the 'fun', are you sure?

winnits

Yes.

I'll be playing footy as the deadline passes and the howls of derision become all-consuming and the interweb melts.

Ian Storey-Moore

When does it close 5 or midnight?

winnits

6pm I believe.

They see me trollin'

Quote Originally Posted by Winnits View Post
    Yes.

I'll be playing footy as the deadline passes and the howls of derision become all-consuming and the interweb melts.
    You'll probably hear them!