Welcome to the LTLF Forest Forum.
Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Peter Whittingham?

Matchday Squad

Default Peter Whittingham?

Just got home and surprised not to see more threads about the playoff final. I for one am glad Cardiff didnt go up, hopefully they will implode now.

With this in mind I would love us to resume our interest in Peter Whittingham as I'm sure Cardiff will have to cut costs to survive, for the record I do not profess to have any inside knowledge or heard anything!

I reckon Whittingham plus a left back and maybe Pratley would be the final piece in the jigsaw and get us promoted......

Anyone 'in the know' heard anything?

Similar Threads:

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

Matchday Squad

Default Re: Peter Whittingham?

need about £5 million lying about the place.

Ian Storey-Moore
    In the hearts and minds of the weak and wounded

Im sure there would be some Prem clubs having a look at him, and Im sure he'd rather go to the Prem than to us.

Ian Storey-Moore

22 May 2010 19:30:57
    Whittingham, Ledley and Chopra from Cardiff to join Nottingham Forest in the next three weeks. Combined fee of 3.5m which will go directly towards paying the tax bill.
    Watch me roll.

22 May 2010 17:24:23
    Cardiff's failure to reach the Premier League will most likely result in administration for the Welsh club.

Nottingham Forest scouts have been circling certain Cardiff players in expectation of this result.

Expect these players to be targeted by Forest:

Whittingham – £2 million
    Bothroyd – £1.5 million

The Cardiff carcass will probably be picked dry by other top championship sides, rumours going through the grapevine are Chopra to Hull and Ledley to QPR.

Certainly not any guarantees, but didn't take long for them to pop up on our favourite site.

winnits

There's a few useful players in the Cardiff ranks, and given they've acquired them pretty much without paying for them I'd have no qualms at all in Forest profiting from their mismanagement.

winnits

Bothroyd would be a cracking signing. The 'big man' that we wanted in Adebola.

Daniel

They also have a promising young left back in their team.... I'd like 5 or 6 of their players. In fact why bother with a scouting system, lets concentrate our efforts on bringing in the good players from Cardiff....

lol 3.5 million wouldnt get one, nevermind three

Rice 21

A raid on Cardiff would be pretty good!

Got a feeling Prem teams would definitely be sniffing around Ledley, although we'd stand a good chance by being able to offer first team football, plus his best mate Gunts!

Would love to see Whittingham and Bothroyd/Chopra. Would give our squad an amazing boost and surely give us a chance of automatic next season, along with a left back!

Ian Storey-Moore
    In the hearts and minds of the weak and wounded

Wouldnt be too bothered by Chopra. Hed cost a fair bit in wages and Im not fully convinced by him.

Matchday Squad

Quote Originally Posted by Carvel View Post
    Wouldnt be too bothered by Chopra. Hed cost a fair bit in wages and Im not fully convinced by him.
    Ditto. Chopra is championship and hardly a massive improvement in what weve got.

I reckon we could have a chance of Whittingham though, Cardiff are in no position to turn down bids and if we get our arse in gear and bid early we could get him.

Wally Ardron

Wouldn't like Bothroyd anywhere near our team, would prefer Mellor tbh

Ian Storey-Moore

Well these guys are not what you would call prem players, but the lower prem will def be sniffing

I wouldn't be surprised to see Blackpool getting first pick of the Cardiff carcass.
    After all, their bank manager is assured of a win win situation. Favourites for relegation, they may be the new west brom considering the huge parchute

Wally Ardron

Their won't be a huge clear out. Ledley will join Everton. Whittingham will go to the Premiership for about 4million. Maybe Adam Matthews too, Man Utd were interested in him.

Other than that they will probably keep their players and go into admin. Look at Palace. They only lost a couple.

Matchday Squad

Why would they go into admin when they have secured the Malaysian investment?
    But if they do - Bothroyd for me please.

I would like us to go for Burke and McCormack if we were to raid cardiff, Burke impressed me in our games against them this year, and could definitely add to our team.

Daniel

Quote Originally Posted by RedRobbo View Post
    I think they haven't secured it, the Malaysians have been taking hospitality and I suspect were awaiting the outcome before actually agreeing to put money in... Cardiff have over £30m debt and cannot finance it in the championship...

Quote Originally Posted by RedRobbo View Post
    I assumed that was just a nice line to keep telling HMRC to keep Mr Taxman away from NuNinian Park...

Whittingham please!

Matchday Squad

We don`t need chpra we have Earnie, we don`t need Bothroyd we have Dex. Lets concentrate on a left back for now and another midfilder, i think moussi is deffinitley the man to fill mckennas boots.

Originally Posted by Ashrams
    well as iv said before its good when these characters pop up......gives all you intellectual behemoth's free rein to enjoy yourselves .

Grenville Morris

Bothroyd would be a good replacement for Dele.

If we're only making two or three signings this summer, I wouldn't be opposed to Whittingham, Burke or Hudson being bid for with a reasonable whack of the budget.

I think Chopra would be too expensive and too similar to Earnie.

Ian Storey-Moore

Quote Originally Posted by Tutts View Post

I think Chopra would be too expensive and too similar to Earnie.
    He looked a class above the others yesterday, unfortunately I have memories of when he was here before.

Resident foodie!

Chopra doesn't turn up every week, though. He was excellent for the first half of the season and very average for the rest.

They'd want in excess of £3m for him and he's not worth that. I really like Bothroyd and wouldn't be opposed to seeing him in the Garibaldi.

TheDude

anyone else think Ledley is very over rated ?

Ian Storey-Moore

Quote Originally Posted by nottmdude View Post
    anyone else think Ledley is very over rated ?
    yeah, i don't think he's worth the £6 million Stoke bidded for him.

Ian Storey-Moore

Quote Originally Posted by Jonathan View Post
    Chopra doesn't turn up every week, though. He was excellent for the first half of the season and very average for the rest.

They'd want in excess of £3m for him and he's not worth that. I really like Bothroyd and wouldn't be opposed to seeing him in the Garibaldi.
    I think he nearly came here once, (Bothroyd) he was supposed to be a swap loan deal with Harewood, but Marlon pulled out of it at the last moment, if I remember correctly.