Welcome to the LTLF Forest Forum.
Page 961 of 961 FirstFirst ... 461861911951959960961
Results 24,001 to 24,006 of 24006

Thread: THE RANT THREAD

The Foam Hand

Default Re: THE RANT THREAD

Quote Originally Posted by Barbus View Post
    I haven't been there for years. Used to go for clothes for fishing and paintballing.

Is my memory playing tricks or was there a plane in the car park?

Sent from my SM-G991B using Tapatalk
    Yes that’s right mate, it’s gone now. I think they are changing the place, lots of new staff, areas sectioned off, stock moved on, it’s not a patch on what it was years ago but still worth a visit.

I got my first set of decent wood chisels from there 25 years ago, Footprint made from Sheffield steel, cost me about £18 and they still have years left in them. They’ll see me out.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

Viv Anderson

Quote Originally Posted by Bryn Gunn View Post
    Yes thatís right mate, itís gone now. I think they are changing the place, lots of new staff, areas sectioned off, stock moved on, itís not a patch on what it was years ago but still worth a visit.

I got my first set of decent wood chisels from there 25 years ago, Footprint made from Sheffield steel, cost me about £18 and they still have years left in them. Theyíll see me out.
    Whatever we were actually going for we always had to have a good look round at all the random stuff.
    Not surprised it's not quite the same as it used to be. Still like nowhere else though no doubt?

Just been telling the missus about it. She's never been to either branch so I think we'll have a drive out soon.

The Foam Hand

Quote Originally Posted by Barbus View Post
    Whatever we were actually going for we always had to have a good look round at all the random stuff.
    Not surprised it's not quite the same as it used to be. Still like nowhere else though no doubt?

Just been telling the missus about it. She's never been to either branch so I think we'll have a drive out soon.

Nottingham is probably the better one for a first time visit, it’s a bit themed though, last time I went there they were playing wartime music and stuff. Not everyone’s cup of tea but i like the nostalgia due to family history.
    Obviously plenty of places nearby if you want to eat out etc, there’s not much in Waingroves on the other hand. It’s a quick dash down the A38 for me.

Where's me hammer?

Nottingham is probably the better one for a first time visit, itís a bit themed though, last time I went there they were playing wartime music and stuff. Not everyoneís cup of tea but i like the nostalgia due to family history.
    Obviously plenty of places nearby if you want to eat out etc, thereís not much in Waingroves on the other hand. Itís a quick dash down the A38 for me.
    Ain't the one at Ripley called Anchor as well?

The Foam Hand

Quote Originally Posted by Barry View Post
    Ain't the one at Ripley called Anchor as well?
    Yes Baz.

Viv Anderson

Nottingham is probably the better one for a first time visit, itís a bit themed though, last time I went there they were playing wartime music and stuff. Not everyoneís cup of tea but i like the nostalgia due to family history.
    Obviously plenty of places nearby if you want to eat out etc, thereís not much in Waingroves on the other hand. Itís a quick dash down the A38 for me.
    Yes the Ripley one was only 10 minutes up the road when I lived in Ofton. Cattle Market is closer now obviously. It's even longer since I've been to that one.
    As I remember it was even more ramshackle than the Ripley branch.
    Lots of rusty old things under tarps in the yard.