Welcome to the LTLF Forest Forum.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Peter Whittingham

Ian Storey-Moore

Default Peter Whittingham

Linked with once more today in the people,£1 million bid touted. Cardiff are in debt,might help Risdale get the taxman of his back for a little longer,but doubt they'd sell to a rival.

Similar Threads:

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

Youth Team

Default Re: Peter Whittingham

Even if they would £1mill is another joke bid, try 2mill.

A. Trialist

We've got no chance for £1m, there would be a riot in Cardiff

Youth Team

Whittingham for anything less than 3.5 mill is a MASSIVE bargain

Although, if it's true, Cardiff will probably reject our offer as "derisory"

A. Trialist

1m 2m
    Cardiff will face a winding up order unless they pay £4m to creditors and fast. only assets are players!

The Duchess

I can add half a packet of cigarettes, come Soreen Malt Loaf and some fruity Fanta to the bid if it'll swing it.

Sorry at my poor attempt to wean myself off the Victor Moses thread. In fact, I'm just going to refer to it now as the VM thread.

'Intelligence without ambition is a bird without wings' - Salvador Dali 1904-1989

I think 'odd' is a good thing. Oddness shows originality, uniqueness and a desire to be different from the masses. Oddness is, maybe, only deemed 'odd' by the majority who are considered less odd but only by their own blinkered observations and understanding. Oddness should never be criticised but be encouraged to nurture, develop individualism and to explore the mind rather than conform to expectation and 'normality'. Many of the world's greatest works of art and prose were born from those minds many considered to be 'odd'.
    [/url]

A. Trialist

He's top scorer in the CCC with 15 goals from midfield, has 9 assists and is a mint penalty taker.

£1million, if true, is an absolute joke of a bid.

Matchday Squad

Would be very nice if happen but come on forest upper it to 2m then cardiff will most likely agree.

A. Trialist

£ 1 mill for Whittingham is way too low - we should rather bid £ 850k on Kaka then.

Rumour in Norway that we have a £800 on a chap from Hull Dean Marney was it?

Ian Storey-Moore

Actually £1m may not seem as stupid as it sounds. Let's face it, Cardiff have no time now to start a bidding way with the window closing tomorrow. Either they take the money now (albeit for far less than he is worth) or they wait until June by which time it may be to late. We have nothing to lose and everything to gain.

I would however expect them to negotiate us up from that though!

First Team

Desirory bids are forest domain.

If you asked me , whittingham is overrated , he's having a purple patch at the moment with Cardiff but i can see him being a flop at forest.

A. Trialist

Quote Originally Posted by marshal99

If you asked me , whittingham is overrated , he's having a purple patch at the moment with Cardiff but i can see him being a flop at forest.
    With Wittingham, Pratley and Marney (if true) been next targets, are we know in plan B or C or D...

Ian Storey-Moore

Quote Originally Posted by Serenity Painted Death
    Linked with once more today in the people,£1 million bid touted. Cardiff are in debt,might help Risdale get the taxman of his back for a little longer,but doubt they'd sell to a rival.
    What is your source mate?

Matchday Squad

Quote Originally Posted by marshal99

i'm not the only one that thinks he's not that great then ? a lot of players have an outstanding season only to turn out mediocre which admittedly is probably good enough for the championship anyway, whittingham for me would be an adequate but not great signing and i think £1m is about right.

Nigel Clough

Quote Originally Posted by Eastwood Red
    Is that a joke, if so, sorry I did'nt get it, if not read his post again.

Here is my sauce

A. Trialist

Quote Originally Posted by Eastwood Red
    A norwegian paper today had a presentation over PL clubs and there it was a line about Hull - and there it was "Forest linked with a £ 800k for Marney".

Wont be crying my ball sack of if not true...

Matchday Squad

Quote Originally Posted by TorNorwegianRed
    A norwegian paper today had a presentation over PL clubs and there it was a line about Hull - and there it was "Forest linked with a £ 800k for Marney".

Wont be crying my ball sack of if not true...
    It was on a Vital Hull @ 6pm yesterday

http://www.hull.vitalfootball.co.uk/....asp?tid=13831

Ian Storey-Moore

Quote Originally Posted by GWM
    Is that a joke, if so, sorry I did'nt get it, if not read his post again.

Here is my sauce
    Nothing beats a good old bit of Reggae Reggae sauce

First Team

Quote Originally Posted by TorNorwegianRed
    With Wittingham, Pratley and Marney (if true) been next targets, are we know in plan B or C or D...
    Imaginary plan B , C & D with desirory bids that have no hope of getting like last season's desirory last minute bids for Adebola & Croft.

Ian Storey-Moore

Without especially wanting to join the "I've heard..." brigade, I have good reason to expect no permanent arrivals whatsoever in January.

The committee, and thus the club, has a stringent policy on January transfers designed to prevent them succumbing to what they perceive to be over-the-odds January fee demands.

We are expected to target 2-3 loanees but not make any full signings, hence the large summer spend.

Disappointing if true.

Youth Team

Probably true!!

Banned

In my opinion we should have gone for Whittingham before Moses or anyone else, he is superb at this level. Signing him would more than make up for the Derby result. However, I feel that we will not sign anyone on a permanant deal now, let alone Whittingham.

Matchday Squad

Quote Originally Posted by ozzyten10
    1m 2m
    Cardiff will face a winding up order unless they pay £4m to creditors and fast. only assets are players!
    3m for Ledley and Whittingham then... Everyones happy... plus Gunter gets some mates back. We also move a step closer to becoming Wales's national team.

Banned

1m for a player of Whittingham's talents is derisory and will be laughed at. I would imagine we would have to bid at the very least3m to have it even considered and rightly so.

Matchday Squad

Quote Originally Posted by Kier
    1m for a player of Whittingham's talents is derisory and will be laughed at. I would imagine we would have to bid at the very least3m to have it even considered and rightly so.
    But we are talking Peter Risdale here.... If its more than 1m he throws a 2m party.... His maths aren't great when personal wealth is involved.