Welcome to the LTLF Forest Forum.
Page 1 of 9 123 ... LastLast

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

Default Re: Modern Warfare 2

Too long. This and new Footy Manager.

Gonna get Dirt 2 in the mean time I think! At the moment I'm playing Grid.

13th Duke of Wybourne

MAG's out soon too!

"Ive only met Andy....last week actually and can confirm he is in 2nd place in sexiest fucker on here stakes." -Barry

Senior Member?

&& Fifa 10 on 02.10.09!

Bridgfordred79

I love COD4, but never find time to play it these days

Has anyone else downloaded the 2010 update for FM 09? Currently 2nd with Forest after 19 games, Most things have been updated but you only still get 5 subs, not sure about other things but all teams and divisions are updated.

13th Duke of Wybourne

is this gonna be £54.99 RRP? i heard one coming out soon was

You can preorder it for £45/£40 so I don't think so. There are different version of it, including the one with the night vision goggles, which is like £120.

13th Duke of Wybourne

oh, thats good then, i could do with some night vision goggles

http://kotaku.com/5384057/new-modern...e-pc-community

In other words, if you like game Mods and Clans you can go fuck yourself.

Matchmaking service is the worst idea I have heard of for PC gaming, this game has just lost it's appeal.

No more dedicated servers is a slap in the face to PC gamers, I won't be buying the game now.

Quote Originally Posted by Rogue
    http://kotaku.com/5384057/new-modern...e-pc-community

In other words, if you like game Mods and Clans you can go f**k yourself.

Matchmaking service is the worst idea I have heard of for PC gaming, this game has just lost it's appeal.

No more dedicated servers is a slap in the face to PC gamers, I won't be buying the game now.
    Xbox is better than PC :P

Funniest thing I have read all day.

My PC pisses on an Xbox.

And I can play online for free.

13th Duke of Wybourne

PS3 > PC > XBOX

PC slighty behind PS3 cos of hackers and the like

By specs my PC beats the PS3 on all but the Blu Ray player.

The GPU on the PS3 is far behind mine.

I'm running GTX 260 SLI, 4gb Kingston Hyperx 1066mhz memory, AMD 7750 black edition processor clocked to f**k.

For raw power and performance it's a no contest.

You speak of hackers and I disagree that they are a major problem, I play on a lot of games on private servers where hacking isn't an issue.

I do have a problem with 'match making', consoles have a s**t online set up.
    I play who I want to play, when I want to play them, hence me being p**sed off with MW2 and the decision to go the 'console match making' route.
    Longevity of games on the PC, COD4 and WAW for instance, have been fuelled on the PC by the ability to MOD the game, introduce extra maps, tactical play, private servers, etc.

Don't get me wrong, consoles have a wider range of games, but that is as from each other as much as from the PC too.

But a console better than a mid range gaming PC........... gimme a break.

13th Duke of Wybourne

IMO i'd rather play on a PS3 than a PC (well my experience of PC gaming, which i admit is limited), different strokes for different folks though i suppose.

I agree we all have our favourite means of gaming, that isn't an issue.

My issue is with Activision and Infinity Ward kicking PC users square in the bollocks.

I cancelled my pre order of MW2, no point in a game that I have to rely on a shit service to play.

The entire make up of the online side of the game makes steams online service look great.

Guess I'll be buying Left 4 Dead 2 instead.

13th Duke of Wybourne

Having read the full article i realise that a lot of PC gamers are pissed off, but can see that infintity ward are trying to make it easier for newbies. If a lot of people take your stance and don't buy it, then they'll see it won't work, it isn't wanted and you'll get your dedicated servers back, i suppose we'll just have to wait and see.........

The point of the private servers was to have a place where you could have a game without the need to embarrass the newbies, or put up with the inevitable crap that some bring to the game.

Games have their own servers for those people and as the progressed they then found the private servers and joined those.

L4D has dedicated servers but allows people to run private servers which you subscribe to, taking the whole thing away was wrong.

saves me £40 and means I'll just download the game to play single player then stop playing.

They won't ever stop piracy, the real money comes from online playability, trying to corner that market will backfire.

Can't be bothered to read the whole article (seeing as I dont play it on the PC), but just to ask - does it say there definitely wont be a chance for people to play on dedicated servers? Surely players will hack the game or mod it in some way.

Also, with regard to which format is better, I agree with the point that everyone has their own opinion on the PS3/Xbox/PC. But heres my 2-cents:-

PS3 only survives on the few exclusive games it has
    Xbox live is far superior to the online with Playstation (coms/no 2 hours loading the game up :P)
    PCs are gash - however good your set up is you're always gonna connect to someone with a rubbish connection who'll fcuk your game up

PCs are gash - however good your set up is you're always gonna connect to someone with a rubbish connection who'll fcuk your game up
    Can't see how you can say a PC is 'gash', more powerful, more game content, more players.

You also don't get the 'console connection' issues with dedicated servers, most dedicated servers only allow a maximum ping of 200.

With consoles you get:

pauses when someone enters/leaves the game.
    when the host leaves, game over
    shit match making system
    no additional content, custom maps, mods, different game versions

I don't have these issues on the PC.

Senior Member?

Quote Originally Posted by The_City_Is_Ours
    however good your set up is you're always gonna connect to someone with a rubbish connection who'll fcuk your game up
    Isn't that the same with PS3 & 360 though..?

Quote Originally Posted by The_City_Is_Ours
    PS3 only survives on the few exclusive games it has
    Xbox live is far superior to the online with Playstation (coms/no 2 hours loading the game up :P)
    I disagree with that biased comment, more people play on PSN than Xbox Live due to the fact that it cost money to play on Xbox online and it's free to play Playstation 3 online! :P

Quote Originally Posted by Rogue
    Can't see how you can say a PC is 'gash', more powerful, more game content, more players.

You also don't get the 'console connection' issues with dedicated servers, most dedicated servers only allow a maximum ping of 200.

With consoles you get:

pauses when someone enters/leaves the game.
    when the host leaves, game over
    s**t match making system
    no additional content, custom maps, mods, different game versions

I don't have these issues on the PC.

Using COD as an example

- the game, at least on Modern warfare 1, didn't pause at all when a new player entered the game.

- games did close when the host left, but now on MW2 they dont ....... even on consoles (OMG!!!!)

- the match making on COD was pretty good (better than halo, better than anything on PS3 and better than the matchmaking I've seen on slooooooooooooooooooooooooow PC)

-Modern warfare had downloadable content on Xbox. Maybe not as much as on PC as they were all official, but I wouldn't be changing from a console just to get my hands on some p!ss poor maps/modes made up by a moder

I love my 360, I don't mind paying £4.99 a month to use it online as it well worth its weight in gold for the extra content you get

One thing I do wish for is the modification of maps etc. I used to play Soldier of Fortune II all the time on PC for that single reason

Now if only Microsoft would make a true PC/Xbox hybrid.......

Quote Originally Posted by Marshall.
    Isn't that the same with PS3 & 360 though..?

I disagree with that biased comment, more people play on PSN than Xbox Live due to the fact that it cost money to play on Xbox online and it's free to play Playstation 3 online! :P
    Just to p!ss on your fire there but I own both an Xbox and a PS3 (*listens for the sound of your comments being retracted*)!!! Since buying the PS3 I've bought barely any games for it, except for the exclusives which is the norm with everyone that I know in the same minted situation as myself.

Then onto the cost - with Xbox you pay for the service and it is a good one. For Playstation you dont and you get what you pay for!!!!!! When playing online with the PS3 I've had far more problems than I have with the Xbox - with Xboxlive its instant, with PS3 its pathetic (no advance since the PS2 socom days)

Quote Originally Posted by Marshall.

Just because it's free doesn't make it instantly better. And neither does having more users make it better either.

Look at the content you get on PSN, now look at the content you get on XBL, tonnes better. I don't mind PS3 at all, its pretty good as a console, but the online really does suck.