Welcome to the LTLF Forest Forum.

View Poll Results: Should Sabri be sacked?

Voters
60. You may not vote on this poll
  • Sacked

5 8.33%
  • Keep him in post for now

55 91.67%
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Sabri In or Out?

Default Re: Sabri In or Out?

In. Can't afford to refund season tickets so surely can't afford to sack him and all his staff

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

This thread will give those fans who usually vote with their feet during a poor run of form the opportunity to literally vote with their feet.

oopsy daisy!

Quote Originally Posted by Redad View Post
    Last time the subject of this thread was suggested the shit hit the fan and his thread was taken down as I recall.
    No.

That's what the thread starter would have you believe because he has constantly referred back to it and claimed that he was censored and that only certain views are allowed.

Which is utter bollocks.

What happened was that his thread title was changed by a couple of words to make it look less like Lamouchi had already been sacked. No content change, no views deleted, just a title change.

Just goes to show that if you tell untruths enough in an aggressive and whinging way people will actually start to accept your lies as the truth.

Trump is a good example of that
    Quote Originally Posted by Erik View Post
    No.

That's what the thread starter would have you believe because he has constantly referred back to it and claimed that he was censored and that only certain views are allowed.

Which is utter bollocks.

What happened was that his thread title was changed by a couple of words to make it look less like Lamouchi had already been sacked. No content change, no views deleted, just a title change.

Just goes to show that if you tell untruths enough in an aggressive and whinging way people will actually start to accept your lies as the truth.

Bringing Sammy C to his new spiritual home

can't believe this is even here

I have just been dropping in to the forum in the hopes the meltdown has stopped and we can get back to discussing things like grown adults - and I see this thread at the top of the page.

Sweet.

Out, absolutely.

Bringing Sammy C to his new spiritual home

This is like the Hart Out polls on the OF but the other way round

Nottingham's dirty secret

Stay. For now. He hasn't even had chance to play most of the players he's signed over the summer yet. Sow and Silva have been injured as well.

That being said, he needs to put in a few good performances and pronto.

In. Needs 15 or so games to get the true picture.

But he's got to get the shackles off and get the team playing with a bit of freedom.

Every match is like a first leg away from home trying to limit the damage at the moment.

If he can attempt to play a more pleasing attacking style that allows us to create more chances, then STAY.
    Sadly I just think he’ll revert to type and try and do what he did last season better and he’ll be gone.
    Come on Sabri you may as well go for it.

The form and football are dire, but he has to stay, he deserves plenty of time to both get things wrong and get things right.

I think he needs to shake it all about.

Sounds obvious but the real answer is its in his hands if he gets results he'll stay no matter what we think - the question is do we have any confidence that he can change. He had one good season at Renne turned them round from a pretty dire position and got them into the top 5. But then had a poor start to the next season and got the boot, is history repeating its self?

At Rennes, he played variations of a 4-5-1 and a 4-4-2 formation and as we've seen here didn't focus on dominating possession of the ball. He likes his teams to create chances through decent defence and breaking up play to then play penetrating balls forward with runs from his best ball carrying players and he likes to use the wing backs the most hence Matty flourishing under him. But Matty's gone so can he replace Matty and/or or change to a different style. I've lost confidence in him personally as I think we've seen he's a one trick pony who I fear doesn't have the imagination to change things.

Last edited by HBB; 16-09-20 at 10:07.

Sage

Quote Originally Posted by HBB View Post
    Sounds obvious but the real answer is its in his hands if he gets results he'll stay no matter what we think - the question is do we have any confidence that he can change. He had one good season at Renne turned them round from a pretty dire position and got them into the top 5. But then had a poor start to the next season and got the boot, is history repeating its self?

At Rennes, he played variations of a 4-5-1 and a 4-4-2 formation and as we've seen here didn't focus on dominating possession of the ball. He likes his teams to create chances through decent defence and breaking up play to then play penetrating balls forward with runs from his best ball carrying players and he likes to use the wing backs the most hence Matty flourishing under him. But Matty's gone so can he replace Matty and/or or change to a different style. I've lost confidence in him personally as I think we've seen he's a one trick pony who I fear doesn't have the imagination to change things.
    That is my fear with him as well. If he is a one trick pony then I dont think we have the wide players at all to play Sabri ball well. We created chances through Ribeiro, Cash, Ameobi and Lolley then Grabban finished them. The problem we had last season was those 4 players although good still not creating loads and scoring loads. If Sabri wants to do Sabri ball better than I would suggest he would have had to improve on Ribeiro and Ameobi but instead we have lost Cash so we are worse than last year attacking wise when we play Sabri ball.

However not all is lost because now we have Freeman and my thats where the one trick pony comes in, can Sabri get the most out of Freeman and have less reliance on our wide players? Time will tell, from my percepctive if we are 16th to 24th after 10 games I dont think it would be an unfair sacking and Alf made a great point that it would give the new man time to assess the squad and pick potential recruitments in January.

Anyway I want Sabri to succeed because I have grown attached to him even though I didnt like how the appointment was made, it feels like I have been on a journey with him

Up-Front

Totally open mind on this, never been an advocate of keeping for keepings sake, Lamouchi has to prove he can use these players to develop a style going forward beyond a reliance on individual quality out wide.

He's had time to evolve things going forward, he's had access to players with flair if given some sort of licence, but he's reverted to type religiously & thats been worked out. Whats compounding things is errors creaping in at the back & Lolleys gone off a cliff.

Where I sympathise, players like Bachirou were brought in to evolve things & he's not ready, Richardson isnt ready either. new players need time to adapt etc.

We're in a state of limbo currently where our existing style is flawed but the way out aint obvious with injuries & new players.

Better the devil you know, he's earned some latitude, give it ten games.

With the short break the post lockdown matches still feel like they were part of this season and Sabrina isn’t being judged on one match but a dozen or so

In.

Sent from my moto g(6) using Tapatalk

In, obviously. He's stil getting in the players he wants, it'd be beyond absurd to sack him now.

If the next 10-15 games go so badly that we've already blown any chance of the playoffs this season, then we can talk about 'out'.

Little Italy, aka Bakersfield, Nottingham.

Quote Originally Posted by OLDMANRED View Post
    With the short break the post lockdown matches still feel like they were part of this season and Sabrina isn’t being judged on one match but a dozen or so
    It's good to see that the vast majority on here are giving Sabri a break though.

Last edited by Otis Redd'un; 16-09-20 at 20:15.

Little Italy, aka Bakersfield, Nottingham.

Quote Originally Posted by MASE View Post
    Totally open mind on this, never been an advocate of keeping for keepings sake, Lamouchi has to prove he can use these players to develop a style going forward beyond a reliance on individual quality out wide.

He's had time to evolve things going forward, he's had access to players with flair if given some sort of licence, but he's reverted to type religiously & thats been worked out. Whats compounding things is errors creaping in at the back & Lolleys gone off a cliff.

Where I sympathise, players like Bachirou were brought in to evolve things & he's not ready, Richardson isnt ready either. new players need time to adapt etc.

We're in a state of limbo currently where our existing style is flawed but the way out aint obvious with injuries & new players.

Hard to find argument with any of that Chris, other than possibly how many games he deserves to be given. I personally think more, unless it's clearly obvious that a change is needed.

The Foam Hand

Quote Originally Posted by MASE View Post

About the same for me.

There are plenty of ‘winnable’ games coming up, especially Huddersfield and Rotherham, Derby are as dire as us at the moment as well, that takes him to six more games. If we can’t get anything convincing from those games I think he will be gone, can’t see it stretching to ten games.

Banned

I adjourn the matter until FT on Saturday

Trolololol....

Upper Decker

So there we are.

A snap 24 hour poll and ltlf vote resoundingly in favour of giving Lamouchi more time.
    Only 10% want him to be sacked.

More than 90% of LTLF folk say SABRI IN.

You can lock the thread now mods.

Stand Firm And Strike Hard