Welcome to the LTLF Forest Forum.

View Poll Results: Should Sabri be sacked?

Voters
60. You may not vote on this poll
  • Sacked

    5 8.33%
  • Keep him in post for now

    55 91.67%
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
Results 51 to 74 of 74

Thread: Sabri In or Out?

      
  1. #51
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    preston
    Posts
    3,204

    Default Re: Sabri In or Out?

    In. Can't afford to refund season tickets so surely can't afford to sack him and all his staff


    Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk


  2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement
    Join Date
    Always
    Location
    Advertising world
    Posts
    Many

  3. #52

    Default Re: Sabri In or Out?

    This thread will give those fans who usually vote with their feet during a poor run of form the opportunity to literally vote with their feet.


  4. #53
    oopsy daisy!
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    On a longship close by
    Posts
    18,017

    Default Re: Sabri In or Out?

    Quote Originally Posted by Redad View Post
    Last time the subject of this thread was suggested the shit hit the fan and his thread was taken down as I recall.
    No.

    That's what the thread starter would have you believe because he has constantly referred back to it and claimed that he was censored and that only certain views are allowed.

    Which is utter bollocks.

    What happened was that his thread title was changed by a couple of words to make it look less like Lamouchi had already been sacked. No content change, no views deleted, just a title change.

    Just goes to show that if you tell untruths enough in an aggressive and whinging way people will actually start to accept your lies as the truth.


  5. #54
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Location
    Dirty Derby
    Posts
    1,939

    Default Re: Sabri In or Out?

    Trump is a good example of that
    Quote Originally Posted by Erik View Post
    No.

    That's what the thread starter would have you believe because he has constantly referred back to it and claimed that he was censored and that only certain views are allowed.

    Which is utter bollocks.

    What happened was that his thread title was changed by a couple of words to make it look less like Lamouchi had already been sacked. No content change, no views deleted, just a title change.

    Just goes to show that if you tell untruths enough in an aggressive and whinging way people will actually start to accept your lies as the truth.



  6. #55
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2004
    Location
    Bringing Sammy C to his new spiritual home
    Posts
    3,656

    Default Re: Sabri In or Out?

    can't believe this is even here


  7. #56
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2014
    Location
    Nottingham/Lincoln
    Posts
    7,618

    Default Re: Sabri In or Out?

    I have just been dropping in to the forum in the hopes the meltdown has stopped and we can get back to discussing things like grown adults - and I see this thread at the top of the page.

    Sweet.


  8. #57
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Posts
    2,016

    Default Re: Sabri In or Out?

    Out, absolutely.


  9. #58
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2004
    Location
    Bringing Sammy C to his new spiritual home
    Posts
    3,656

    Default Re: Sabri In or Out?

    This is like the Hart Out polls on the OF but the other way round


  10. #59
    Nottingham's dirty secret
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Posts
    1,542

    Default Re: Sabri In or Out?

    Stay. For now. He hasn't even had chance to play most of the players he's signed over the summer yet. Sow and Silva have been injured as well.

    That being said, he needs to put in a few good performances and pronto.


  11. #60

    Default Re: Sabri In or Out?

    In. Needs 15 or so games to get the true picture.

    But he's got to get the shackles off and get the team playing with a bit of freedom.

    Every match is like a first leg away from home trying to limit the damage at the moment.


  12. #61
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Posts
    4,345

    Default Re: Sabri In or Out?

    If he can attempt to play a more pleasing attacking style that allows us to create more chances, then STAY.
    Sadly I just think he’ll revert to type and try and do what he did last season better and he’ll be gone.
    Come on Sabri you may as well go for it.


  13. #62
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Location
    LDN
    Posts
    2,875

    Default Re: Sabri In or Out?

    The form and football are dire, but he has to stay, he deserves plenty of time to both get things wrong and get things right.


  14. #63

    Default Re: Sabri In or Out?

    I think he needs to shake it all about.


  15. #64
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2004
    Posts
    431

    Default Re: Sabri In or Out?

    Sounds obvious but the real answer is its in his hands if he gets results he'll stay no matter what we think - the question is do we have any confidence that he can change. He had one good season at Renne turned them round from a pretty dire position and got them into the top 5. But then had a poor start to the next season and got the boot, is history repeating its self?

    At Rennes, he played variations of a 4-5-1 and a 4-4-2 formation and as we've seen here didn't focus on dominating possession of the ball. He likes his teams to create chances through decent defence and breaking up play to then play penetrating balls forward with runs from his best ball carrying players and he likes to use the wing backs the most hence Matty flourishing under him. But Matty's gone so can he replace Matty and/or or change to a different style. I've lost confidence in him personally as I think we've seen he's a one trick pony who I fear doesn't have the imagination to change things.

    Last edited by HBB; 16-09-20 at 10:07.

  16. #65
    Sage
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Location
    Chester
    Posts
    9,231

    Default Re: Sabri In or Out?

    Quote Originally Posted by HBB View Post
    Sounds obvious but the real answer is its in his hands if he gets results he'll stay no matter what we think - the question is do we have any confidence that he can change. He had one good season at Renne turned them round from a pretty dire position and got them into the top 5. But then had a poor start to the next season and got the boot, is history repeating its self?

    At Rennes, he played variations of a 4-5-1 and a 4-4-2 formation and as we've seen here didn't focus on dominating possession of the ball. He likes his teams to create chances through decent defence and breaking up play to then play penetrating balls forward with runs from his best ball carrying players and he likes to use the wing backs the most hence Matty flourishing under him. But Matty's gone so can he replace Matty and/or or change to a different style. I've lost confidence in him personally as I think we've seen he's a one trick pony who I fear doesn't have the imagination to change things.
    That is my fear with him as well. If he is a one trick pony then I dont think we have the wide players at all to play Sabri ball well. We created chances through Ribeiro, Cash, Ameobi and Lolley then Grabban finished them. The problem we had last season was those 4 players although good still not creating loads and scoring loads. If Sabri wants to do Sabri ball better than I would suggest he would have had to improve on Ribeiro and Ameobi but instead we have lost Cash so we are worse than last year attacking wise when we play Sabri ball.

    However not all is lost because now we have Freeman and my thats where the one trick pony comes in, can Sabri get the most out of Freeman and have less reliance on our wide players? Time will tell, from my percepctive if we are 16th to 24th after 10 games I dont think it would be an unfair sacking and Alf made a great point that it would give the new man time to assess the squad and pick potential recruitments in January.

    Anyway I want Sabri to succeed because I have grown attached to him even though I didnt like how the appointment was made, it feels like I have been on a journey with him


  17. #66
    Up-Front
    Join Date
    Jan 2015
    Location
    Divorce courts.
    Posts
    17,036

    Default Re: Sabri In or Out?

    Totally open mind on this, never been an advocate of keeping for keepings sake, Lamouchi has to prove he can use these players to develop a style going forward beyond a reliance on individual quality out wide.

    He's had time to evolve things going forward, he's had access to players with flair if given some sort of licence, but he's reverted to type religiously & thats been worked out. Whats compounding things is errors creaping in at the back & Lolleys gone off a cliff.

    Where I sympathise, players like Bachirou were brought in to evolve things & he's not ready, Richardson isnt ready either. new players need time to adapt etc.

    We're in a state of limbo currently where our existing style is flawed but the way out aint obvious with injuries & new players.

    Better the devil you know, he's earned some latitude, give it ten games.


  18. #67
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Location
    STH NORMANTON
    Posts
    4,388

    Default Re: Sabri In or Out?

    With the short break the post lockdown matches still feel like they were part of this season and Sabrina isn’t being judged on one match but a dozen or so


  19. #68
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Posts
    605

    Default Re: Sabri In or Out?

    In.

    Sent from my moto g(6) using Tapatalk


  20. #69
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2016
    Posts
    19

    Default Re: Sabri In or Out?

    In, obviously. He's stil getting in the players he wants, it'd be beyond absurd to sack him now.

    If the next 10-15 games go so badly that we've already blown any chance of the playoffs this season, then we can talk about 'out'.


  21. #70
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Location
    Little Italy, aka Bakersfield, Nottingham.
    Posts
    12,151

    Default Re: Sabri In or Out?

    Quote Originally Posted by OLDMANRED View Post
    With the short break the post lockdown matches still feel like they were part of this season and Sabrina isn’t being judged on one match but a dozen or so
    It's good to see that the vast majority on here are giving Sabri a break though.

    Last edited by Otis Redd'un; 16-09-20 at 20:15.

  22. #71
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Location
    Little Italy, aka Bakersfield, Nottingham.
    Posts
    12,151

    Default Re: Sabri In or Out?

    Quote Originally Posted by MASE View Post
    Totally open mind on this, never been an advocate of keeping for keepings sake, Lamouchi has to prove he can use these players to develop a style going forward beyond a reliance on individual quality out wide.

    He's had time to evolve things going forward, he's had access to players with flair if given some sort of licence, but he's reverted to type religiously & thats been worked out. Whats compounding things is errors creaping in at the back & Lolleys gone off a cliff.

    Where I sympathise, players like Bachirou were brought in to evolve things & he's not ready, Richardson isnt ready either. new players need time to adapt etc.

    We're in a state of limbo currently where our existing style is flawed but the way out aint obvious with injuries & new players.

    Better the devil you know, he's earned some latitude, give it ten games.
    Hard to find argument with any of that Chris, other than possibly how many games he deserves to be given. I personally think more, unless it's clearly obvious that a change is needed.


  23. #72
    The Foam Hand
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Location
    Curry House
    Posts
    28,933

    Default Re: Sabri In or Out?

    Quote Originally Posted by MASE View Post
    Totally open mind on this, never been an advocate of keeping for keepings sake, Lamouchi has to prove he can use these players to develop a style going forward beyond a reliance on individual quality out wide.

    He's had time to evolve things going forward, he's had access to players with flair if given some sort of licence, but he's reverted to type religiously & thats been worked out. Whats compounding things is errors creaping in at the back & Lolleys gone off a cliff.

    Where I sympathise, players like Bachirou were brought in to evolve things & he's not ready, Richardson isnt ready either. new players need time to adapt etc.

    We're in a state of limbo currently where our existing style is flawed but the way out aint obvious with injuries & new players.

    Better the devil you know, he's earned some latitude, give it ten games.
    About the same for me.

    There are plenty of ‘winnable’ games coming up, especially Huddersfield and Rotherham, Derby are as dire as us at the moment as well, that takes him to six more games. If we can’t get anything convincing from those games I think he will be gone, can’t see it stretching to ten games.


  24. #73
    Banned
    Join Date
    Sep 2013
    Posts
    989

    Default Re: Sabri In or Out?

    I adjourn the matter until FT on Saturday

    Trolololol....


  25. #74
    Upper Decker
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Location
    In acres of space
    Posts
    38,741

    Default Re: Sabri In or Out?

    So there we are.

    A snap 24 hour poll and ltlf vote resoundingly in favour of giving Lamouchi more time.
    Only 10% want him to be sacked.

    More than 90% of LTLF folk say SABRI IN.



    You can lock the thread now mods.

    Stand Firm And Strike Hard

 

 

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •