8 14.29%
  • Lose

25 44.64%
  • LEAVE

1 1.79%
  • REMAIN

7 12.50%
Page 3 of 47 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast

Thread: Matchday 2 - Nottingham Forest vs Cardiff City (Sat, 19th Sept 2020, 12:30pm)

Default Re: Matchday 2 - Nottingham Forest vs Cardiff City (Sat, 19th Sept 2020, 12:30pm)

Iíve been injected with some optimism and I believe as soon as we knock this hangover on the head and get a win, the fire will be back in the bellies. I know the football has been negative at best but when your in a rut your in a rut. Iím not sure whether or not this will happen at the weekend but I am sure we will remain playoff contenders come the end. Like many have said we do have a decent squad and that will shine through eventually

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

Default Re: Matchday 2 - Nottingham Forest vs Cardiff City (Sat, 19th Sept 2020, 12:30pm)

Yates & De Costa start obviously, not sure about the other 9

Quote Originally Posted by Eddie Yates View Post
    Yates & De Costa start obviously, not sure about the other 9
    Tbf I think Yates deserves to keep his place after the last match.

If Da Costa starts though that'll be wank.

lol

Quote Originally Posted by Alf-engelos Mindminackers View Post
    Tbf I think Yates deserves to keep his place after the last match.

If Da Costa starts though that'll be wank.
    Neither deserve a start. Especially if we want to play on the front foot, Yates cannot do that.

Quote Originally Posted by I Trust Sabri View Post
    Neither deserve a start. Especially if we want to play on the front foot, Yates cannot do that.
    Depends how we line-up overall. Yates is one of the few players who gets in the box.

I was just going on Sat anyway. Just going on contribution & not ability, Yates I think did enough to warrant inclusion. Da Costa for me didn't.

lol

Depends how we line-up overall. Yates is one of the few players who gets in the box.

I was just going on Sat anyway. Just going on contribution & not ability, Yates I think did enough to warrant inclusion. Da Costa for me didn't.
    Itís a home game, rather see more attacking prowess but if weíre left with sow instead of Yates Iím fine with that.

Another week of anxiously waiting if Sabri will get lambasted for his line up again.

I don’t fancy another game of watching Yates trap the ball further than a Jos Butler 6

lol

Quote Originally Posted by Eddie Yates View Post
    I don’t fancy another game of watching Yates trap the ball further than a Jos Butler 6
    Sometimes I love his effort and his unending drive but he's wank at some of the basics of football.

Upper Decker

Surely Yates needs to be in the starting XI against a big team like Cardiff? We usually get bullied by teams like them. Well, we usually get bullied by them.

Stand Firm And Strike Hard

Up-Front

Yates did his job as per, but again its at the expense of team cohesion. The lad makes a few tackles & wins a few headers, but he makes you a man light on the offensive. We've scored 5 & conceded 13 in the last 8, lost the last 4. Yates creates a defensive bias thats losing us games, we now have a free flowing centre mid in Freeman who, with some support, will get us scoring goals. Play him with Yates & your making his job harder.

He's a nice lad, he gets stuck in, he's one of our own....but he's holding us back.

Sage

People saying Yates made the most interceptions and most tackles of course he did he is a defensive mid. Also we play a lot without the ball. It was like last year Joe Worrall made the most clearances but below him were defenders of poorer sides. It’s because we invite pressure it’s not a stat that shows how well we are playing. The true stat would be interceptions per time in possession in my opinion. If you have loads of interceptions and more of the ball that is more impressive.

Quote Originally Posted by MASE View Post
    Yates did his job as per, but again its at the expense of team cohesion. The lad makes a few tackles & wins a few headers, but he makes you a man light on the offensive. We've scored 5 & conceded 13 in the last 8, lost the last 4. Yates creates a defensive bias thats losing us games, we now have a free flowing centre mid in Freeman who, with some support, will get us scoring goals. Play him with Yates & your making his job harder.

He's a nice lad, he gets stuck in, he's one of our own....but he's holding us back.
    I see the reasons for not including him, and I think most are valid.

But I also don't think Sab is gonna drop a player who stood out as one of the better players against QPR, esp against a team like Cardiff as Rav says.

Long term we need Geddy MK3 there whilst Yates continues to develop (and even then I think he'll prob end up a CB), but for Sat then I think he'll keep his place.

Up-Front

I see the reasons for not including him, and I think most are valid.

But I also don't think Sab is gonna drop a player who stood out as one of the better players against QPR, esp against a team like Cardiff as Rav says.

Long term we need Geddy MK3 there whilst Yates continues to develop (and even then I think he'll prob end up a CB), but for Sat then I think he'll keep his place.
    Better players is hugely subjective, but understandable given he brings absolutely nothing for the players around him.

lol

Quote Originally Posted by Ravi View Post
    Surely Yates needs to be in the starting XI against a big team like Cardiff? We usually get bullied by teams like them. Well, we usually get bullied by them.
    Couldm't Sow be good enough against Cardiff?

I don't think they're quite the bullies they were under Warnock seem more of a busy, industrious side now if you look at their midfield. My guess is the tactic will be to stick Ameobi on their fullback, launch it at him, then hope Freeman picks up the second ball and does something with it.

It's all about mid-table...

Bluebirds will be wounded from their home defeat to Sheff Weds last week as well as their capitulation to Northampton.

Similar to us actually, two scared animals in a daren't lose game. Draw.

Up-Front

Quote Originally Posted by Heffing Psycho! View Post
    I don't think they're quite the bullies they were under Warnock seem more of a busy, industrious side now if you look at their midfield. My guess is the tactic will be to stick Ameobi on their fullback, launch it at him, then hope Freeman picks up the second ball and does something with it.
    Hope your wrong, Im not sure why we'd acquire players with Colbacks passing range & Freemans quality with the ball & then continue to play the percentages.

Quote Originally Posted by Raymondo Ponte' View Post
    Bluebirds will be wounded from their home defeat to Sheff Weds last week as well as their capitulation to Northampton.

Similar to us actually, two scared animals in a daren't lose game. Draw.
    Pretty much how I make it, unless Grabban or Taylor capitalises on a half chance, or Sammy produces a bit of magic chaos.

Hope your wrong, Im not sure why we'd acquire players with Colbacks passing range & Freemans quality with the ball & then continue to play the percentages.
    Same but I don't have much hope of that.

Could it be that the people who complain most about Yates being a fixture in our team are the same people who think Sabri is doing a good job (or perhaps, will do a good job)?

Senior Doom Monger

Will this be available "live" on IFollow free for Season ticket holders?
    Dawson is a must play in my eyes.
    Colback is also a must play - but must cut out the crazy fouls: we have enough other players able to give free-kicks away in silly positions, needlessly.
    Freeman is a must start too... the only player who looks like he has an attacking midfielder's brain and technique.
    Taylor is a must play, and Grabban should either play in an upfront pairing with Freeman behind them providing the penetrating passes, or be rested on the bench.
    I'd pick the team as follows:
    -------------Samba-------------
    Worrall---- Dawson---- Blackett
    ----------- Colback------------
    Ameobi-- Carvalho-- Freeman- Mighten
    -----Grabban-------Taylor-------
    Subs: Sow (if fit); Smith; Darykwa; Ribeiro; Yates; Da Costa; Adomah.

Adomah could be our "Ace in the Hole"...

Up-Front

Quote Originally Posted by Captain Sinister View Post
    Will this be available "live" on IFollow free for Season ticket holders?
    Dawson is a must play in my eyes.
    Colback is also a must play - but must cut out the crazy fouls: we have enough other players able to give free-kicks away in silly positions, needlessly.
    Freeman is a must start too... the only player who looks like he has an attacking midfielder's brain and technique.
    Taylor is a must play, and Grabban should either play in an upfront pairing with Freeman behind them providing the penetrating passes, or be rested on the bench.
    I'd pick the team as follows:
    -------------Samba-------------
    Worrall---- Dawson---- Blackett
    ----------- Colback------------
    Ameobi-- Carvalho-- Freeman- Mighten
    -----Grabban-------Taylor-------
    Subs: Sow (if fit); Smith; Darykwa; Ribeiro; Yates; Da Costa; Adomah.

Adomah could be our "Ace in the Hole"...
    3 defenders?

If he plays that, Ill give you the money meself.

defend defend defend , pray for a hail mary from lolly or amoebi.

But I also don't think Sab is gonna drop a player who stood out as one of the better players against QPR
    He was happy enough to drop Carvalho, who was one of the better players against Barnsley.

But you're right, he won't drop Yates because we all know he has a ginormous boner for him.

Senior Doom Monger

3 defenders?

If he plays that, Ill give you the money meself.
    4 defenders on the bench so that if the starting line up fails to work then he can revert to plan A.
    And we all know how successful Plan A is these days.
    I don't think for one minute SL will pick "my" team!
    I did say "i'd pick the team as follows:".
    And I'm not likely ever to be in a position to do that as I am not a successful Championship manager.
    While SL... oh wait!
    I'd better sit by the phone just in case!