Welcome to the LTLF Forest Forum.
Page 4 of 14 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Thread: Alex Mighten

Default Re: Alex Mighten

Quote Originally Posted by BryanRoy View Post
    Born in USA but parents who from Nottm moved back when he was very young.

Thought this was hilarious. Lolley and a couple others gave him stick for this.

Start of the decade v End of the decade

https://twitter.com/AlexMighten10/st...657577472?s=20

Joe Lolley cannot ridicule anyone's hair.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

Quote Originally Posted by Steve Stone's Mullet View Post
    Joe Lolley cannot ridicule anyone's hair.

Quote Originally Posted by BryanRoy22 View Post
    Human Scarecrow

Sent from my SM-G965F using Tapatalk

#Prospect

https://twitter.com/AlexMighten10/st...441788928?s=20

https://twitter.com/NFFC/status/1214...311339008?s=20

Last edited by BryanRoy; 06-01-20 at 10:24.

Not included in the u23s today so hopefully travelling to Reading this weekend.

Well chuffed for Mighten, but hope the club doesn't see this as a cheap way of getting out of buying a winger & forward

Quote Originally Posted by Alf-aSemedoBlueJeans&Chinos View Post
    Well chuffed for Mighten, but hope the club doesn't see this as a cheap way of getting out of buying a winger & forward
    Or he could turn out to be better than what we subsequently buy.

Quote Originally Posted by Abdooonk View Post
    Or he could turn out to be better than what we subsequently buy.
    Which would be mint. But even then we still need depth in those areas.

We've gone a whole year without a 2nd choice striker suited to this league, and no genuine winger to compliment Lolley on the other side.

I'm wary that the owners/recruitment may see Mighten have a good game or two, then think they can save a few quid by placing a promotion push on his shoulders.

Brilliant write up today by Tails in the Athletic. Seems his old man is mates with Des Walker and they lad is big pals with Tyler. Really good family story, about which I had no idea.

Very pleased we operate like this.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Upper Decker

Quote Originally Posted by Bungle View Post
    Brilliant write up today by Tails in the Athletic. Seems his old man is mates with Des Walker and they lad is big pals with Tyler. Really good family story, about which I had no idea.

It is an excellent article.

Stand Firm And Strike Hard

Quote Originally Posted by Bungle View Post

Really good article. Im glad we're able to keep Nottingham talent in Nottingham these days. Long may it continue.

https://www.theguardian.com/football...-london-accent

Remember reading this article. Obviously we can never have it to that scale.

The Lascelles', Walker's, Johnson's are all close family friends too. So imagine with Mighten they would have had some kick abouts.

No idea why we're loaning in dross like Mir when players like Mighten, Walker & Johnson are coming through.

Most bizarre thing ever to loan other teams youth in to train up over our own.

Quote Originally Posted by Alf-aSemedoBlueJeans&Chinos View Post
    No idea why we're loaning in dross like Mir when players like Mighten, Walker & Johnson are coming through.

Most bizarre thing ever to loan other teams youth in to train up over our own.
    I think itís bizarre you think those conversations arenít had with GazBraz as to whoís ready to make the step and when, and what that path looks like.

Impressive member

Quote Originally Posted by MXJ View Post
    I think itís bizarre you think those conversations arenít had with GazBraz as to whoís ready to make the step and when, and what that path looks like.
    I'm not sure we are. It seems GazBraz's caretaker manager roles seem to be the central reason why many of our academy make the first team in the first place. Don't get me wrong, some managers are better than others at being open to academy players - Sabri in comparison to Karanka, Pearce in comparison to Monty, for example - but Brazil does seem more willing to take a risk in giving these lads a shot, which as not being permanent manager (and publicly saying he doesn't want that role) it's easier for him to take those risks.

Sent from my SM-A920F using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by Cortez the Killer View Post
    I'm not sure we are. It seems GazBraz's caretaker manager roles seem to be the central reason why many of our academy make the first team in the first place. Don't get me wrong, some managers are better than others at being open to academy players - Sabri in comparison to Karanka, Pearce in comparison to Monty, for example - but Brazil does seem more willing to take a risk in giving these lads a shot, which as not being permanent manager (and publicly saying he doesn't want that role) it's easier for him to take those risks.

Not to mention Mendez & his clients all stand in a better position to coin it in when we bring crap like Mir in too, whereas they don't when an academy player steps up.

Sent from my Moto G (5) using Tapatalk

That's the crux of it really.

With how management is in today's game. Why would you risk your short career on 17yr old lads to get it done. Our goal is to get to the Prem, that is literally Sabri's mo. These young lads are talented, but he's obviously nervous at the prospect of playing them. It is frustrating at times, i.e when Adomah was going to come on instead of Mighten away to Reading. But he knows Adomah will put his foot on the ball, whereas Mighten will run at the opposition.

I think he should give them a chance. but i'm not a promotion or bust kinda guy. So I see why he's reluctant not to depend on these young lads.

When Brazil is in charge, it's for 2 games or so, and he's got his job waiting for him. So why wouldn't he do it.

Iím not talking about managers, Iím talking about the recruitment team - who clearly also recruit for the academy too

Impressive member

Quote Originally Posted by MXJ View Post
    Iím not talking about managers, Iím talking about the recruitment team - who clearly also recruit for the academy too
    I think if you add up the value of the academy lads (either sold or still at the club) and compare it to the profit we've made on signings, it tells its own story.

Only recently have we sometimes made money on signings and that has more to do with Marinakis and his creative accounting methods than real value in the market.

Yet our academy has been overwhelmingly profitable - on those rare occasions where the young player has managed to break into the first team - and at one point probably kept us from total financial ruin.

I think if you add up the value of the academy lads (either sold or still at the club) and compare it to the profit we've made on signings, it tells its own story.

Only recently have we sometimes made money on signings and that has more to do with Marinakis and his creative accounting methods than real value in the market.

Yet our academy has been overwhelmingly profitable - on those rare occasions where the young player has managed to break into the first team - and at one point probably kept us from total financial ruin.

Donít get me wrong Iím not disputing at all. My point is that the recruitment function must be looking at the academy as a source of players and discussing with the manager ďwe need a winger perhaps you Mighten is a potential perhaps we can spend money elsewhereĒ and thatís why were looking at attacking midfielders

Quote Originally Posted by Steve Stone's Mullet View Post
    That's the crux of it really.

With how management is in today's game. Why would you risk your short career on 17yr old lads to get it done. Our goal is to get to the Prem, that is literally Sabri's mo. These young lads are talented, but he's obviously nervous at the prospect of playing them. It is frustrating at times, i.e when Adomah was going to come on instead of Mighten away to Reading. But he knows Adomah will put his foot on the ball, whereas Mighten will run at the opposition.

I think he should give them a chance. but i'm not a promotion or bust kinda guy. So I see why he's reluctant not to depend on these young lads.

When Brazil is in charge, it's for 2 games or so, and he's got his job waiting for him. So why wouldn't he do it.
    What's the difference between playing an untested 17/18 yr old from our academy and playing an untested 20-22 yr old from a foreign league? The only difference is the manager has/should have watched the player in our academy far more than the other.

Ask yourself this would not signing Mir this season and playing an u23 striker in his place have negatively effected the team this year? Same with Semedo. The only time what you've said comes into play is when we are signing more experienced players and even then it's 50/50 as to if they're good enough as for every Sow we get a Bostock.

Sent from my SM-G975F using Tapatalk

I love the assumption in these debates that signing an experience player is always a success (when historically it’s been anything but). On the other hand academy players have all been relatively successful of late and even when they haven’t it’s not cost transfer fees or wages..

I would be nice to see Mighten and Johnson getting 5 mins here and there ahead of uncle Albert..

Senior Doom Monger

Aomah rapidly being moved to the Deadwood Stage.

Still he’s coming to the end of his career he deserves to put his feet up a take a nice pay cheque.