Welcome to the LTLF Forest Forum.
Page 212 of 257 FirstFirst ... 112162202210211212213214222 ... LastLast
Results 5,276 to 5,300 of 6413
    Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Spaceman View Post
    Still fast asleep. Is this too early and should I wake up?
    Youre ok

See the first post on this thread for opening and closing times

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

Papa Shango

Still awake but I have a gin pins and needles in my legs

13th Duke of Wybourne

I'm a bit Pissed and hiccuppy.

"Ive only met Andy....last week actually and can confirm he is in 2nd place in sexiest fucker on here stakes." -Barry

Victor Meldrew

Default Re: LTLF's thread for the wakeful

Cucumber. Do you cut the bit out of the middle with seeds in it or not?
    Tomatoes to follow in a few days.

Quote Originally Posted by Anatoli View Post
    Cucumber. Do you cut the bit out of the middle with seeds in it or not?
    Tomatoes to follow in a few days.
    I saw a woman at Bramcote co-op last week come out of the shop with two cucumbers and nothing else. Maybe she was seeing if cutting out the middle bit was okay or not, with a second cucumber in reserve in case she made a mistake.

Will you be cutting the middles out of the tomatoes as well? That's a little bit silly really.

Papa Shango

Gonna make a curry tonight

New roots in the Forest
    Breaston - an exile from the frozen wastelands of the North East

I love the Stream of Consciousness in this thread. It's a meandering stream of interior monologue, wrapped in what at first appears to be drug addled metaphor.

It's very Dujuradin, Joyce and Woolf.

Floating in space.

Watching cockneys v zombies movie. Bit like I saw at the city ground today. Title is apt anyway as there wasn't many undead massacres on show. Oh well, back to the film.

The trouble with the straight and the narrow is it's so thin I keep sliding off to the side and the Devil makes good use of these hands of mine

J Spaceman (the real Spaceman).

Victor Meldrew

Is it morning yet?
    I don't want to wake up anymore.
    I am banned from my bed because I am banned.
    Whatever makes you happy.
    Whatever you want.
    Being banned from your own bed is the worst.

Papa Shango

Waking up without your penis is the worst, I should know

Banned

Fuck thidf

New roots in the Forest

Quote Originally Posted by Papa Shango View Post
    Waking up without your penis is the worst, I should know
    Erm.

That shouldn't happen.

Papa Shango

Shouldn't happen, no

Last one standing

That's why shango is now a she.

New roots in the Forest

Mama Shango?

Really down for last few days now, cannot sleep tonight which probably is making it worse. As some of you will know I did a firewalk some months back, in aid of H4H and Marie Curie, and after planning it, it came to pass Mum and StepMum both got diagnosed with cancer withing 48hrs of each other. Not sure if I posted the final total tbh, with everything going on, was over £3k.

Anyways, just over 6 months later, Mum has had to have the rest of 1 lung removed,cos the ******* C***** came back after less than 3 months. So not only has she had 2 major ops in 6 months, she now gets panic attacks due to breathlessness which prevent her breathing and etc (cycle this infinitely), her stomach has moved into the cavity left, causing all sorts of grief and multitudes of associated problems. So yes, I am pissed off, I am ranting at the world. Sorry, I've kept this to myself til now, and stayed off both this and the rant thread, but to add insult to injury today the f*ckin* c*nt* who are now tasked with assessing disability allowance have now called her in for her 6th (YES SIXTH) interview in 18 months, despite the fact her 1st appeal has just been granted and paid from 2.5 yrs ago,in the last week, on other disabilities (long term) let alone the FACT SHE HAS AN AGGRESSIVE CANCER AND ONLY 1 LUNG. (and informed them when she had a partial lung removed and they promised her she'd be "off the list" for at least a year)

Which clowns decide these things? So now she has had a total lung removed, it changes things, yes. For the better??

her mortgage is at present paid on an interest only basis thro DSS, they've cancelled this for the 3rd time in 2 yrs now, and will not re-assess it for 26wks regardless of result of appeal, just cos of the "system". So now, cos of previous cancellations, she is on a 7 day eviction. just what she needs.

well done northern Rock.......oh wait...taxpayer owned?

This country makes me fucking sick. Me and my brother have already borrowed to the hilt to keep her in her house over the last 2 years, and worked damned hard to do it, but we are struggling now. My Mum has worked damned hard over the last 40 years, much self employed, and gets fck all when she needs it.

Great.

Oh, I forgot, her next door neighbour has had a "bad back" for 18 years and has had.....3 assessments in ALL that time, and laughs that she "isn't playing the system right" and he can play golf weekly, pay for holidays for his kids........GRRRRRRRRRRRRRrr

EDIT
    Sorry this should probably be in the RANT thread but I really am past caring tbh, sorry, it's just hit me hard having to talk Mum outta panics at silly o clock and being so helpless being so far away from her

Last edited by forestzoe; 15-11-12 at 06:21.

Red til I'm dead

Hi Zoe,

Sorry to hear about your mum, that really is terrible. I dont know how helpful this is, but have you spoken to the Citizens Advice Bureaux? I used to volunteer there and they might be able to help your mum with her DLA assessment and her mortgage too, or point you in the direction of someone who can.

Not the best advice I know, but hopefully they can offer you something to make the situation a little more bearable. MacMillan Cancer Support might be able to help too.

All the best

PS. Mods: sorry for posting outside the timeframe

Thanks RR85. She's been to CAb, Housing Advice and everywhere else we can think of, including her local MP who raised it in Parliament. Nothing can be done until she is actually homeless on the Housing front, without a change in the law apparently, which is disgusting. She's worked all her life until ill health : she actually broke her back which is why she intially went on DLA. Unfortunately every time something happens (ie she got cancer which made her worse not better) she is re-assessed by a "doctor" ( I use the term loosely, look up any article about the company the Govt is using....)and it fcks up her claim yet again. the DLA is eventually backdated every time, months later, the mortgage assistance is not. Once it is stopped, even if it is found to have been wrongly stopped, there's a complex set of conditions come into play regarding when it can be reclaimed etc. It's bad enough her worrying about benefits she is entitled to, let alone housing assistance. If both get taken away, we help her, as does extended family. We can help with day to day stuff but the housing issue is something else cos they are being so pig headed tbh.

I've dealt with MacMillan and MarieCurie previously and they have been excellent, I've fundraised for both extensively. This time, I am sorry to say, they have been utterly woeful. Not going to go into why and denigrate what on the whole are 2 wonderful organisations, but in this instance they may as well be absent ( 2 reliefs nurses at 5 to 20 mins 3 times between them and 1 regular nurse who is lovely but so overwhelmed she has 800 emails from a month ago she is still trying to deal with....this is why they NEED funding).

Just really is time at the mo.

Victor Meldrew

I've never met anyone who used their knowledge to avoid those mistakes made again and again.
    But if i don't go, I'll always be stuck here in this poor little room with my view of the corner.

You never close your eyes...

Sorry Zoe. I get it now.

Victor Meldrew

There are things in life which change you. They taper your understanding of your purpose on this planet. Often they make you recognise that you don't, just don't have any purpose on this planet at all. Grains of sand, that's all we are, grains of sand at best. And also we tell ourselves we are all unique, but we aren't. We're all the same. When you experienced a sneeze, an orgasm, your team scoring a goal it felt exactly the same for Hitler, Ghandi or the Queen doing those things. {Although Ghandi's team never scored}

I've never met anyone who used their knowledge to avoid those mistakes made again and again.
    But if i don't go, I'll always be stuck here in this poor little room with my view of the corner.

Quote Originally Posted by Anatoli View Post
    There are things in life which change you. They taper your understanding of your purpose on this planet. Often they make you recognise that you don't, just don't have any purpose on this planet at all. Grains of sand, that's all we are, grains of sand at best. And also we tell ourselves we are all unique, but we aren't. We're all the same. When you experienced a sneeze, an orgasm, your team scoring a goal it felt exactly the same for Hitler, Ghandi or the Queen doing those things. {Although Ghandi's team never scored}

That, actually is one of the more profound and "made sense" posts you have ever made. I get it, totally, and it actually made me cry.

Now go tell the fcking pr1cks that sit behind a desk and assess folks on points, just so that they collect £200 a week.

My MUM has well over the "POINTS" score, but cos she is honest and every time her situation changes, she informs them, she starts from 0.

Cos it's a "new claim" which is bollocks. She has half a lung out, 5 months later, the rest, cos cancer came back. Question: "Why is this a new claim"
    durrrrrr
    "are you worse or better?"
    "Do you have medical evidence?" If so please supply
    The very FCKIN FACT SHE HAS HAD NO CHOICE IN THIS CLAIM AND THE CONSULTANT HAS SUPPLIED ALL THE PETS< X RAYS ETC?
    really? that isnt good enough, top consultant, now they have to get some oik, again, to go "err I dont know, we'll refer you again it may take 8 months"

Victor Meldrew

If you got that last post, if for once I made sense then I am pleased. I have deliberately set myself up here as a clown, a joker, someone surreal. I purposefully posted stupidity to avoid being real. I worked in a very rigid environment and the forum was a release. I think my values have changed since I thought it was all a game. I've realised that we all need to think more about every aspect of life, not just football. You also need to be serious on the internet with people as you might just have to meet them one day.
    So please understand that what I tell you now is born of bitter experience. It is a truism that will sit with you forever.
    Never pick your nose and eat it in front of people.

I wish there could be a new 'shit post' detector system on this forum. That way I wouldn't have to wade through car crashes of posts in the hope that there may be something interesting or informative.

'Intelligence without ambition is a bird without wings' - Salvador Dali 1904-1989

I think 'odd' is a good thing. Oddness shows originality, uniqueness and a desire to be different from the masses. Oddness is, maybe, only deemed 'odd' by the majority who are considered less odd but only by their own blinkered observations and understanding. Oddness should never be criticised but be encouraged to nurture, develop individualism and to explore the mind rather than conform to expectation and 'normality'. Many of the world's greatest works of art and prose were born from those minds many considered to be 'odd'.
    [/url]

Victor Meldrew

Quote Originally Posted by T.B.T. View Post
    I wish there could be a new 'shit post' detector system on this forum. That way I wouldn't have to wade through car crashes of posts in the hope that there may be something interesting or informative.
    Takes TBT in his arms and gives her a big hug.
    Sorry the last intersting or informative thing I said was in 1991.
    My fault.
    In fact I admit now that I never said anything interesting or informative.
    Apart from the lobsters.