Welcome to the LTLF Forest Forum.
Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Dig

Default Dig

Subtle dig from Billy at the fans after the Watford game in an interview on the OS ...

"But there are lots of positives. The fans have got to remain firmly behind these players and not give the opposition a lift.

"I felt the other night the fans showed a little bit of impatience and that certainly made us a little bit nervous."

http://www.nottinghamforest.co.uk/pa...762364,00.html

I think that probably ties in with the "leaving early" thread, and maybe the graveyard atmosphere we had at times too. I don't think there was much booing, groaning or muttering was there?

He's calling for patience while the players gel, and wants to sort the makeshift defence.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

Miserable bastard

Default Re: Dig

Billy would do well to learn from his predecessors. A small but vocal portion of our fans have always been and will always be impatient and will always boo if we're not playing well. It doesn't matter how many times Managers/Captains/other players call for patience, they won't get it.

Billy still made the effort to come round the Main Stand and Trent End to applaud the fans didn't he?

Football fans will always be impatient and reactionary, it's just the way it is.

I don't see it as a dig to be honest. Billy is just voicing his opinion that negative noises from the crowd do not help. And I agree with that.

The atmosphere the other night was very poor. "hiding" the away fans from Victor Chandler corner certainly doesn't help the banter between the 2 sets of fans.

People don't want us to move stadium as they don't want a soulless stadium...well you don't get much more soulless than what I sat in the other evening.

I agree with Billy Davies that it's our job as supporters to give the players a lift and we certainly didn't do that on Tuesday night.

Noticed the past few years that there has been no singing in pubs before the game. I'm sure this didn't use to be to case. Are we all turning into a load of boring old farts?

A Block was singing as much as is expected for a weeknight. And we heard Victor Chandler Corner a fair bit too.
    Those 2 areas sing well in pretty much every game

It's weird that people moan about the atmosphere.... but then people on this forum label the A-Block as "knuckle-draggers" and the Victor Chandler Corner as "chavs"

They see me trollin'

Quote Originally Posted by Super Scab
    It's weird that people moan about the atmosphere.... but then people on this forum label the A-Block as "knuckle-draggers" and the Victor Chandler Corner as "chavs"
    Thats because they are.

racist

They see me trollin'

racist

Quote Originally Posted by Carlos Fandango
    Thats because they are.
    Have you met them all?

They see me trollin'

Quote Originally Posted by LewSton
    Have you met them all?
    I watch over them, day and night.

You may bow now, and call me God.

I don't see it as a dig to be honest. Billy is just voicing his opinion that negative noises from the crowd do not help. And I agree with that.
    Yeah, I put subtle, I should have put gentle dig really. Its a slight kick up the arse kind of comment, not a blazing criticism.

I don't think it's a dig eithe.r It's something which has been going on a while, has often been discussed on here, and it quite clearly has an impact on the players, which is a shame.

JOIN ME

losing 4-2 to shitty watford ,what do think were gona do billy you big douche

Quote Originally Posted by Carlos Fandango
    I watch over them, day and night.

You may bow now, and call me God.
    I take that awkward sounding attempt at a humourous response as a no then. As such, I don't believe you are in a position to label people you haven't met as "knuckle-draggers" and "chavs".

Quote Originally Posted by earthworm
    Subtle dig from Billy at the fans after the Watford game in an interview on the OS ...

"But there are lots of positives. The fans have got to remain firmly behind these players and not give the opposition a lift.

"I felt the other night the fans showed a little bit of impatience and that certainly made us a little bit nervous."

http://www.nottinghamforest.co.uk/pa...762364,00.html

I think that probably ties in with the "leaving early" thread, and maybe the graveyard atmosphere we had at times too. I don't think there was much booing, groaning or muttering was there?

He's calling for patience while the players gel, and wants to sort the makeshift defence.
    nothing new there even if we was winning everey game there still would be a small group not happy with something

I take that awkward sounding attempt at a humourous response as a no then. As such, I don't believe you are in a position to label people you haven't met as "knuckle-draggers" and "chavs".
    They are though aren't they?

Don't think it was that bad personally. Watford brought next to nobody with them and it's as uninteresting game as you will get in the Championship, these games are scarsely ever 'cauldrons' at any club, not least one who's had fuck all to sing about for years.

Anyway, I didn't hear any booing particularly, just more of the shock/dissapointment that we've witnessed so often in recent years that sort of stuns you into silence when you see the opposition score every time they come into our half.

He ought to try being the manager of Birmingham, they boo anything. I think I remember a time the team got booed off, but a small section of the crowd were dissapointed at the volume of boos and decided to boo this.

Anyway why does Billy have to have these little pops all the time. It's like he's covering his back all the while. The game wasn't very good, we let 4 in at home and so the atmosphere was flat and edgy. That's completely understandable, we're not robots. Play the bloody thing on the deck and give us something to appreciate and we might be a bit more excited.

Quote Originally Posted by Johnny Bravo
    They are though aren't they?
    Every single person who sits in these areas?

Rice # 42

Quote Originally Posted by carlnw1975
    nothing new there even if we was winning everey game there still would be a small group not happy with something
    Yes, the miserable bastard and his pox ridden family who sit right behind me, and are likely to be the cause of me being banned for life if they don't shut the fuck up with their moaning.

Thank you.

Rice # 42

We should have a rant thread on here

Quote Originally Posted by VanHooijdonks Son
    losing 4-2 to shitty watford ,what do think were gona do billy you big douche
    I think he means during the game, not in the final few seconds when the score was 4-2 by which time the boo boys had left anyway, judging by the noise at the final whistle.

Once we equalised, we were behind them, uring them on. Then as soon as we went 2-1 down, it stopped!

Every single person who sits in these areas?
    Yeah, it's something to do with the way the seats face in relation to the sun or moon at match times. It affects the stewards to, people unused to the effects have been know to die.

AKA Randy Bumgardener

The same people who make the digd at the A -block and capital one corner are usually the same ones who look at you like scum when you try and sing in the Trent or Upper clough unfortunately.

'The cross came in from Majewski, and Blackstock slid in, Gabriel Tamas attached to him in the manner in which a baby chimpanzee clings to its mother' Dexter Blackstock vs West Brom

Quote Originally Posted by Randy Bumgardener - A True American Hero
    The same people who make the digd at the A -block and capital one corner are usually the same ones who look at you like scum when you try and sing in the Trent or Upper clough unfortunately.
    You mean you've tried to do that? BURN HIM!!!

Trent End is full of people with nothing better to do with their time than go watch something with the sole purpose of finding as much to complain about as possible. The Brian Clough stand is for those who have died, all but died or given up on life. The rest of the main stand are just there.

AKA Randy Bumgardener

Quote Originally Posted by Johnny Bravo
    You mean you've tried to do that? BURN HIM!!!

Trent End is full of people with nothing better to do with their time than go watch something with the sole purpose of finding as much to complain about as possible. The Brian Clough stand is for those who have died, all but died or given up on life. The rest of the main stand are just there.
    Yup, I had a season ticket up there with a mate. us and 2 others used to try and get the end singing, It took the piss when we were told to shut up by the same bunch of old duffers repeatedly because they were 'watching the game'