Welcome to the LTLF Forest Forum.

Thread: How things change.

They see me trollin'

Default How things change.

I saw this and just thought, how on earth on they in the premiership now, after they have been so shit in the past?

By Stoke City Fan On Site Message Board - 3rd March 2003

A Stoke City Fans Account Of Forest Thrashing

Here is a quiet brillant piece of comedy from a Stoke City fan who wasn't best pleased with his sides 6-0 hammering by Nottingham Forest at the City ground. It was found on Stoke City's forums.

"I Had a slightly different vantage point to those in the Away End, as I was accompanying my Forest supporting mate in the Brian Clough stand to your right. Up there amongst the Forest fans, I had a clear view of some insightful incidents.

First up, it was possible by some chance reflective properties of the stand opposite that I could see into the Stoke dressing room. It was plainly possible to see the pre-match warm-ups. Hooky, Thommo and Henry were sharing an enormous joint. Banks was smearing his gloves with flora. O'Connor and Handyside were sniffing marker pens and Mills was busy tying his shoelaces together.

Out on the field, it was plainly obvious to see the defence rolling out a red carped for Harewood from about the edge of the D to the goal line. Reid had a special 'bus lane' marked out for him down the flank, which was protected by a system of cameras and a congestion charge to prevent Stoke players from obstructing his passage. The Forest keeper set about writing his memoirs on an oak desk in the goalmouth, and periodically broke off to build a house of cards when he became bored of writing.

The Forest attackers were politely queuing up in the Stoke goalmouth -

"After you, Marlon",
    "Why no, I simply insist that you shoot first my dear David!"
    "But, wait! It would be quite wrong not to let Eoin have a crack at bagging one of the blighters..." etc.

Meanwhile, Marteinsson could be seen bribing Uriah Rennie to "get me out of here" on account of the fact that the drubbing was hindering his chances pulling tactic of claiming he was part of a quality footballing outfit. Uriah took pity on him and humanely dismissed him for an imaginary handball after 44 minutes.

In the second half, I don't know if you noticed, but the Stoke players took an age to come out onto the field. This was due to the extra time it took to swap their left and right boots over to complete the picture of an inept footballing display. The Forest players had taken the opportunity to slip into more comfortable attire, and came out onto the field wearing smoking jackets, spats and an assortment of evening wear. I get the impression they weren't taking the threat of a Stoke resurgence too seriously.

Half of the Forest team spent the second half down by the corner flag playing snooker, bridge, smoking cigars and drinking port. The Stoke team meanwhile took the opportunity to experiment kicking exclusively left foot. The Potters were now suitably attired in red noses, voluminous trousers and long comedy boots and spent the last 45 minutes in slapstick banana skin and custard pie comedy routines, whilst the Forest forwards tried to spell the word NOTTINGHAM in passes between our players, before finishing up slotting the ball into the net a couple more times out of sheer boredom.

I didn't see the Stoke coach after the match, but is there any truth in the rumour that when the driver honked the claxon horn, all of the doors and wheels dropped off to a comedy trombone wah-wah-waaaaahhhhhh trill?"

Shamelessly stolen from TF btw.