Welcome to the LTLF Forest Forum.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: For those of us who still think we need one more striker - Peter Thompson?

Default For those of us who still think we need one more striker - Peter Thompson?

234 appearances 152 goals for Linfield 24 years old Northern Ireland international, bit of a gamble maybe yes but surely worth the risk with tyson, cole and earnshaw in the squad, he wont cost much you would have thought, norwich obviously think hes good enough as they have just made a move for him. What do people think?

Similar Threads:

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

I belong to nobody!!!

Default Re: For those of us who still think we need one more striker - Peter Thompson?

Wasn't we supposed to be interested in a lad from Northern Ireland around January?

We couldn't agree a fee with the club. Not sure if its this fellow though?

Default Re: For those of us who still think we need one more striker - Peter Thompson?

Could be the new Kevin Doyle

Seem him play loads of times - I think the Championship might be a step too far for him. Though having said that if he got the service it'd be up to him to convert the chances.

winnits

For those of us who think we need yet more silly threads... post here! :P

Quote Originally Posted by Winnits
    I ate a clown today... it tasted funny.

I doubt he would wanna come here, Linfield were playing Champions League football last night.

Quote Originally Posted by -=McGugan #8=-
    I doubt he would wanna come here, Linfield were playing Champions League football last night.
    lol lol

Yeah, for another week or so! Then it'll be back to some more white-hot Ulster league action. lol

They got dicked at home by Dinamo Zagreb last night!

Quote Originally Posted by -=McGugan #8=-
    We can expect Linfield to sign David Bentley any day soon, as that was why he wanted to leave Blackburn!

Quote Originally Posted by Spring Heeled Jack
    lol lol

Yeah, for another week or so!* Then it'll be back to some more white-hot Ulster league action.* lol

They got dicked at home by Dinamo Zagreb last night!*
    Aye well to be fair, for a part-time team they didn't do too badly to get "dicked" 0-2 by a team that just sold Modric for £16.5 million.

Quote Originally Posted by Kingsley Black
    Aye well to be fair, for a part-time team they didn't do too badly to get "dicked" 0-2 by a team that just sold Modric for £16.5 million.
    Yes, for a piss-pot club I suppose they did ok, all things considered.

We'll see how they do on the 23rd though, when they are in Croatia.

The point remains though that Linfields Champions League adventure (which is always over before it's begun) will not be enough to keep Thompson there, like someone suggested.
    Besides, Thompson didn't come on til about 76 minutes anyway.

They did ok and got dicked. Make up your mind!

Has signed for the mighty Stockport for 150-200k as replacement for Dickinson.

Quote Originally Posted by we_are_forest
    Wasn't we supposed to be interested in a lad from Northern Ireland around January?

We couldn't agree a fee with the club. Not sure if its this fellow though?
    Forgot his name, but he signed for Sunderland ... O'Donnerly or something.

Quote Originally Posted by Luke
    Forgot his name, but he signed for Sunderland ... O'Donnerly or something.
    O'Donovan.

He was from Eire, though.

Quote Originally Posted by It's Baggio
    O'Donovan.

He was from Eire, though.
    I see.

If we get another striker it will be Beattie.

Quote Originally Posted by mouldy

Quote Originally Posted by Winnits
    Hull City are a Premiership football team.

Quote Originally Posted by mouldy
    You seem confident of that. Personally I can't see it.

LMAO... My January post for new players. Scroll down for Peter Thompson. I even put the clubs number up fpr CC. And tipped Garner to come in.

'Pistol Pete' will disappear without a trace in English football. Take my word for it.

'Pistol Pete' will disappear without a trace in English football. Take my word for it.
    Lmao... Thats the only thing i fancied him for. His nicname! Not the 48 in 58 game goal average. I remember the good old days when if they were Irish with a nic like that they were IRA.

He'd be a strange 'IRA' seeing as he's a Protestant and played for a team supported by Loyalists and Unionists.

They did ok and got dicked. Make up your mind!*
    They kept the scoreline respectable (for a s**t Ulster team at any rate) but in terms of overall possession and control of the game, they were well and truly ran ragged, dicked if you will...